Guest pakistan

Guest pakistan

Dear all,

I'm very new to this forum and hope i'll be able to minimise my frustration level by getting some help from you guys here.

I am married and from Pakistan. My husband is in Australia and he is a Permanent Resident there. We applied for my Visa in mid-May, received acknowledgement letter and medical requirements after 10 days, completed all medicals and submitted it finally on 9th June.

According to the acknowledgement letter the average processing time period for my application given is 6-9 months. I feel so frustrated and helpless as we weren't expecting it to be that long.

Does anyone here have any idea about the current processing times of offshore spouse visa applied from Pakistan?

Also, my second query is my police clearance certificate was valid for six months. I got it done in Feb and its going to expire in August and my application is still in process. Will I be called again for the Police Certificate? I have no idea if I should have it prepared in advance before it gets expired, as the certificate takes 2-3 weeks for making.

Awaiting a reply.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Offshore spouse/partner visa applications are processed in the country in which they are lodged. Unfortunately this means that if the Australian HC in Islamabad say 6-9 months, it probably does take this long for applications lodged there.

How long would it take you to get a new police check? Is it possible to get them quickly in Pakistan?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest pakistan

well it takes about 2 weeks for a new police certificate...i think i should apply it before its expiry to avoid any further delay...

i had some of my friends who got their visa within 4months...i hope all goes smooth for me too..

the worst thing that may cause delay is the Australian Embassy in Pakistan has been moved to Bangkok in May for security purposes and so all of the applications have been forwarded to Bangkok office :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pakistan

hey,

i just thought of updating my case progress here..i got my case officer assigned..she asked for my original birth certificate and few affidavits...i have fulfilled all the requirements and its been almost a week i have got my acknowledgement of receival of documents too..now whats next? are their chances she may ask for any more documents? and once a case officer is assigned how long more is the waiting?

Also, i only sent my certified copy of passport, so i wanted to know that do they ask for passport next when they send an email of visa approval?

I would appreciate if i could get some idea about my queries! Thanks

I would say they would have askd for all the extra documents they needed in one go, so I doubt you'd get asked for extra again. Once we submitted extra evidence we got our Visa approved within 2 weeks, butthat was in October last year and through Australia House in London, so not idea what it will be for you.

Yep, once they approve your Visa they ask you to send your passport in and you get your pretty little sticker! :spinny:

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

i hope its early for you.

I lodged my spouse visa application on June 27th and got acknowledgement on july 14th 2009. After that my visa officer rang on July 20th to confirm receipt of correction to my address that i sent later on. police checks were sent with the application but medicals were requested with acknowledgement. medicals done on july 27th and sent by doctor. from then onwards havent heard anything...its been 3 months and i'm getting impatient.i hope they approve it soon.

dont know whether they need more documents or evidence...

Guest pakistan

Hi anusha..whats the time frame mentioned in your acknowledgement letter?

I applied my application in May and the processing time stated was 6-9months..but i had my friends and few relatives who got their visa within 4 months so i thought the same time period for myself...but to tell u the application does take long as written in the acknowledgement letter...

now since i am done with all formalities of medical, additional documents etc, i emailed my visa officer to ask about my visa grant. and she said it will still take 6-9months as specified in the letter. so im just waiting and waiting :( cant be done anything!

Hi Gals,

I lodged my application to Australian high commission (Islamabad) in late April which got transferred to Bangkok, and i received my acknowledgment letter on 26th May saying the processing will take 6-9 months. Medical done in middle of June, after that they requested some affidavit in first week of August, since then i am waiting just like you :( .

I also emailed my case officer about the progress of application she said the processing will take 6-9 months so i have to wait till then. I don’t know whether they will ask for interview or not. But few of my friends got visa in 2-3 months last year. We have to wait long due to transfer of application to different office.

Have any one of you got any request for interview or not?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest salma123

I had applied for 309 subclass in July at Bangkok office as well. And they said the same 6-9 months processing and i havnt heard any thing of them as yet. :hug:

Any one of you got any answer?

Guest salma123

yeah i did the medical as soon as i got acknowledgment letter, which was in july, and no updates as yet. I was hoping to go by the end of this year but i dont knw :SLEEP:

• 2 weeks later...
yeah i did the medical as soon as i got acknowledgment letter, which was in july, and no updates as yet. I was hoping to go by the end of this year but i dont knw :SLEEP:

if u r talking about Pakistan.Then only thing we can do is to wake them up.There are pple who are waiting for visas for 7 months and i m one of them.you can pressure AHC by emailing them and reminding them this is too much.All cases between april and july are struck up and AHC is sleeping.

immigration.islamabad@dfat.gov.au

Also u can lodge complains against AHC islamabad by this link::

Contact Us - Compliments and Complaints - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Also call the AHC Islamabad.

i think we can't complaint as the processing time mentioned on acknowledgment letter is 6-9 months . second AHC Islamabad is not processing the application , AHC Bangkok are the one who are processing.

when did u lodge your application and what processing time you got in your acknowledgment letter ?

i think we can't complaint as the processing time mentioned on acknowledgment letter is 6-9 months . second AHC Islamabad is not processing the application , AHC Bangkok are the one who are processing.

when did u lodge your application and what processing time you got in your acknowledgment letter ?

i applied for student visa and my time given is 4 months and its 6 months now and pple are get visa after 1.5 years.

@iamk

this thread is about Timeline (309-Spouse visa) not student visa. well they have very strict policy regarding student visa these days, plus after 1st august Islamabad AHC dont processing student visa, its in Adelaide i think.

• Like 1

Honestly, I feel that the visa processing time is very subjective. I depends on the case officer whether to approve it immediately or not. But it would also help if your application is front-loaded. As for my case, I submitted a really complete application but I still feel that the efficiency of my case officer played a major part in the grant of my visa in two weeks!

I will probably send my CO a thank you card. Really. He's the greatest Santa Claus ever! (wink!)

Good luck to all partner/spouse visa applicants. I hope that it's also Xmas in November for you, guys!

• Like 1

Guest salma123

Well that really depends upon your nationality or assessment level, to be precise. If you had the passport of Pakistani or Indian or any assessment level 4

country then thats a miracle tht happens once in a blue moon.

However if your passport is of level 1,2 or 3 then i believe thts not something unusual.

Well good luck any ways n have a great life.

Well any of other ppl who applied in bangkok got any response??????????

Guest salma123

hi sarahh! I dont knw how long its going to take as my visa application is in 5th month and just frustated now.

Did you apply in bangkok or in islamabad and when did you apply and any interview or call from case officer yet?

hi Salma,

well i applied @ Islamabad office last week of April and after 1-2 weeks they transferred to Bangkok office and informed me in acknowledgement letter . well no call for interview yet , but only time case officer contacted me is to request affidavit from family member, after that i am just waiting and emailed her 2 months back to ask update on case progress and she said just wait as it will take 6-9 months :(

you got any update of any Pakistani who got spouse visa recently ?..

Hi guys, i m back after a long time!!!Is there anyone who got the visa in the meantime??????especially those who have been waiting for more than 7 months now!!!!!Ur replies would ease my worries!!!!I am really anxious to be wid my husband coz its been 8 months since we're married n 4.5 months since i applied for visa and no replies as yet...They havent even asked me for anything else... Also i want to make sure they give us the visa after such an excruciating period of waiting!!!

Do you think it is a good idea to email the visa officer to chexk for the progress?????

hi anusha...its good to c u bak.... i assumed that u wod hav already gt the visa dats y u aint giving any feedback now:)....in my case its been more than 7 months now that i have been awaiting my visa and i guess there is no use emailing the visa officer about the progress as i have tried it already and gt the same reply as all others stating that the processing time is 6-9 months and that they might not be able to comment over the progress before that.They havent even asked us about anything...i know its really hard to wait so long without any info over the status of progress...please do inform if u get any update...

Hey i wonder why they are taking so long?????r u counting the number of months from the date we sent the application or the acknowledgement date????which one should we use???my husband is coming back at the end of Feb and will be here for a month. I really hope i am able to go with him coz it will be nine months at the end of march!!!I dont know what to do!!!was really hoping to email the case officer!!!