Spouse Visa - applying from in Australia

Guest ofeek

Guest ofeek

Hello

Has anyone applied for a Spouse visa from Australia recently? I'm interested to know what the current processing times are.

I moved to Australia 7 months ago with my boyfriend who is originally from Melbourne. He had been in the UK for 6 years but we needed to move here because his father is very ill.

We have been together for 3 years but because we weren't living together in the UK I am currently on a 457 sponsered visa whilst waiting to apply for the Spouse visa which I can apply for in Nov when we have lived together for 12 months.

Does anyone know of any cases where the Spouse visa has been granted if a couple have lived together for less than 12months? we would love to apply sooner as my job insn't very secure at the moment.

We do plan to get married eventually and will be starting a family in the next couple of years.

Its just a bit frustrating not being able to apply any sooner.

Any comments/ help much appreciated.

Liv

Hi, we applied for a spouse visa in January 2008 and was granted May 2008. Me and my husband have been together for 16 years and i am Australian. It took about 5 months for our visa to get granted and we have been togther many years. I think If you can provided as much information about your time together and have exact dates, like when you first went out etc. I think when applying they if you have a date for your wedding that would be good. If your already in australia I don't see why it should take too long for the process. We did not have an agent as we felt we were more than capable of seeing the process through ourselves. Reading other people using an agent can be good if you aren't too sure of what you are doing but can cost the earth. Good luck with the visa i Hope this helped. Good luck with your future.

Cheers Louise

Guest Emcooper

Yes i think it can be done but maybe its worth getting some advice. I know theres an agent on here who has had clients who havent lived together for the full 12 months but have been granted visas. I guess it depends on your situation and can prove you are in a genuine relationship.

Guest stehan

Hi - I posted an application to the Sydney office about three months ago. The money was taken the day after I posted. When I phoned the other day they said the application is still in the queue and hasn't been assigned a case officer yet. They said the current processing times in Sydney is 6 months.....

Archived