Medical Officer of the Commonwealth

Guest JenniferC

Guest JenniferC

Hi folks,

I have just found out my medical has been referred to a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth by the Health Operations Centre, after e-mailing the centre to see how long it would take for it to be processed. Is this normal? I had a minor medical issue several years ago but nothing for the last two plus years.

Thanks in advance!

Jenny

Hi, I thought all the meds were sent to Sydney! When we checked ours on Monday, all ours had been finalised except mine:( ! Don't know why, though I did have chicken pox in my early 30 ( you couldn't put a pin between them & it put me in hospital). When we went for the meds, the Dr told us I had some calcium spots on my lung. He said it was from the chicken pox & nothing to worry about, but now because the rest of the families have been finalised & mine haven't, I do!

Guest JenniferC

Thanks for that...I am daft as it seems everyone gets their meds allocated to such an officer! Mind you they have had mine for three weeks and I am just wondering how long they take to get finalised. This is the e-mail I got...

The medicals you have submitted have been referred to a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth on 27/02/2009. Currently HOC is processing direct refferals received on 06/02/2009.

guess I will just have to be patient and am still waiting on police checks from Australia and New Zealand before I can get my visa.

Thanks again:)

Hi Jen, Ours Got to Sydney on 2nd March 7 were finalised by 9th. Like I said, Not mine though, still isn't now! I shall have a lot more wrinckles by the time we get the visa!!! All the best, hope you hear soon. X

Guest JenniferC

Blimey - that was quick! I have e-mailed them twice and wonder if it's wise to try and hurry them up or just to be patient...which I am quite bad at. Have you e-mailed them?

Hope you get yours finalised very soon:)

Jenny x

Hi Jen, No I haven't mailed them, I'm hoping no news is good news at the moment (still worrying myself stupid though!). What visa are you on Jen? We're on 176 state sponsored, which they are supposed to be working on at mo ( though we still have no case officer!!!), so matbe our's have been priorotised! Just a thought!

Guest JenniferC

Hi Cazz,

You'll love Perth - have you been there before? I lived there for 15-months recently and adored it! I am heading to Canberra on a State Sponsored 176 and really looking forward to it. I e-mailed the fab agent I used for the first part of my visa about medicals and she said I should give it six weeks before questioning anything so I'm not going to worry about it now. I really don't think either of us will have any problems and it's probably the most difficult time - the last wait. Mind you given that DIAC has promised a case officer ten days after the application is submitted I think you might get one if you raise this with them using the on line enquiry form. Good luck and let me know how you get on with your meds!

Jenny x

Lets hope your outcome has been better than ours. Just make sure you read the info on the reply, and get it checked by a lawyer. We are currently in contact with DIAC and government ministers next is the Federal Police due to falsifying leagal documents from the MOC.

Good Luck

• 3 years later...
Guest Mariabubbles

I have my flight booked for the 18th October and have just been told that my results have been referred to MOC, visa first would give no details as to what is wrong with my results which has my family and friends really concerned. I am going to have to postphone my flight and all my plans and the thing i am panicing about the most is that visa first told me that i might have to wait 6months for a reply and i might never get it!

Im devastated, i quit my job and everything. I was told that all my medical results were clear by euromedic dublin and my friends had all booked their flights so i thought it would be ok to book mine. I never anticipated this to happen and i feel hopeless as there is no one that can reassure me that my application will be assessed soon.

I have just found out my medical has been referred to a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth by the Health Operations Centre, after e-mailing the centre to see how long it would take for it to be processed. Is this normal? I had a minor medical issue several years ago but nothing for the last two plus years.

Thanks in advance!

Jenny

I have my flight booked for the 18th October and have just been told that my results have been referred to MOC, visa first would give no details as to what is wrong with my results which has my family and friends really concerned. I am going to have to postphone my flight and all my plans and the thing i am panicing about the most is that visa first told me that i might have to wait 6months for a reply and i might never get it!

Im devastated, i quit my job and everything. I was told that all my medical results were clear by euromedic dublin and my friends had all booked their flights so i thought it would be ok to book mine. I never anticipated this to happen and i feel hopeless as there is no one that can reassure me that my application will be assessed soon.

Thanks in advance!

Jenny

Mariabubbles,

Sorry to hear this bad news. You were so close to make the move and in fact seems to have booked the flight tickets too. Very unfortunate :-(

Please join us in the below thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/157361-medicals-refered-more-than-30-days-ets-connect-99.html

Archived