Vetassess Timescales and Qualifications Query

mj&db

Just a few questions about the Vetassess process.

1: My partner is already a qualified and experienced carpenter but is currently completing the advanced NVQ Level 3 qualification to improve his CV. However we are in two minds as to whether to wait until this is completed before we submit the application - especially as we dont think he will have his certificate before the next closing date in May. He has enough evidence to submit it now (5years experience, NVQ Level 2, an employer reference and portfolio) but didn't know if the NVQ Level 3 would strenghten his application.

2: Also does anyone know how long Vetasses take to mark the competency based carpentry application and come back to you with the results?

It would be great if anyone who has been through it could help.

Thanks in advance

Danielle and MJ

Hi there, not sure i can help regarding carpentry, but my o/h is a plumber up to nvq2, He had his plumbing practical on feb 19th and found out he passed by the following tuesday!

Are you with an agent? As they should be able to guide you through it, When we got all the paperwork together, which was a nightmare our agent checked it all and said there was no problem just had to wait for vetassess to pass it to go forward to the practical.

Im sure someone who has done carpentry will be along shortly who can offer more help x

A week. Thats not bad going! No we aren't with an agent, as there is only the two of us we're hoping it will be pretty straight forward..plus we cant afford to pay one!

Thanks for your quick reply..appreciate your help.

Guest Mylady's O/H
A week. Thats not bad going! No we aren't with an agent, as there is only the two of us we're hoping it will be pretty straight forward..plus we cant afford to pay one!

Thanks for your quick reply..appreciate your help.

Hi

I did the electrician assessment and did not use an agent.Just follow the Vetassess guidelines and you should be ok.You can also give Vetassess a call if you have any queries(much cheaper than agent fees) they are very friendly and helpfull.Paper based results can take up to two weeks and the pratical outcome results will be given within 10 days.

If you dont have any medical problems I would say you could do the whole proccess yourselfs.

Hope it helps.

Hi Danielle and MJ,

My OH is a carpenter and passed his practical last April. I would begin your application now, unfortunately NVQ is not recognised in OZ, they will only look at your AQFlll that you get on successful completion of the practical assessment.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to PM if you need any more advice.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy. We realise that the NVQs don't count once we were in Oz but weren't sure if they would help with the assessment. Its the final part of a gov apprenticeship scheme so its not costing us anything.

Ok well we've just got a few more bits of evidence to get which should only take about a week then we'll be ready to send it off. HOW EXCITING!

Happy to help!! He may as well carry on with his NVQ3 seen as though its free, but unfortunately it won't help him in his assessment.

If you want any details of the practical just PM me and I will get Paul to detail his day for you.

Good Luck with your submission!!

Cathy

Archived