ASPC processing times - update 13th Jan 2009

Guest pies

Dear all,

Appreciate this could be very good or not so good news depending on your position:

Got this email from DIAC this morning, you can get it too by sending a blank email to

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced

changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated

and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for

General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the

following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);

then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both

paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already

allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will

be processed as usual to finalisation.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications

(processed by the ASPC and where a successful State or Territory Nomination

is held) will all be allocated to case officers for assessment by 13

February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:

Applications are not being allocated at present

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List:

All Other Remaining Applications

PROCESSING NEWS

BRISBANE

The BSPC is now processing the following eVisa Onshore General Skilled

Migration applications:

· Subclass 885, 886 and 487 lodged on or after 1 December 2007

· Subclass 485 lodged on or after 1 March 2008

· Subclass 887 lodged on or after 1 July 2008

Allocation dates and information regarding applications processed in

Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email

address:

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kkris.san

yes thanks a million for sharing this.....

we got the wonderful news..now just hoping things move faster...am feeling sorry for ppl who r in this long wait too...but none can help...wish luck n luv to all in here

all d best

regards

krisha

Dear all,

February 2009.

I don't quite get that - and would appreciate it if someone could explain. It says that State & Territory Nominated Applications will be allocated case officers, but it lists in there the 175 visa which is an independant visa.

We have applied for a 175 visa and are on the csl list. So do we come in the first list or the second??

Thanks

Mx

Guest Soph and Ju

I am wondering exactly the same thing as you Mel! We have applied for the 175 visa and I got all excited when I read the ASPC message this morning, but now Ive started thinking about it and read it properly it doesnt make sense! Hope someone knows the answer!

Sophie xx

I've just received an email response form aspc confirming what pies has posted (not that there was any doubt). All that I can asssume is that, for whatever reason, some people have applied for state sponsorship (maybe for extra needed points) within their 175 visa application.

Hope Gollywobbler or someone else comes along soon to shed light on this.

Howard.

Guest Soph and Ju

Thats a shame. so that we means all of us on a 175 visa have to wait for all the state sponsored visas to be allocated before they start looking at ours! doh!

ah

does this mean people on csl but not modl list?

Does this mean people on modl but not on csl?

It could mean when it says 175 people on csl and modl, just people who are on one or the other are not getting processed at moment.

This is just my guess at trying to work it out

Rachael

Guest mandisfam
I've just received an email response form aspc confirming what pies has posted (not that there was any doubt). All that I can asssume is that, for whatever reason, some people have applied for state sponsorship (maybe for extra needed points) within their 175 visa application.

Hope Gollywobbler or someone else comes along soon to shed light on this.

Howard.

This is what I thought it meant. But would be good if someone like Gollywobbler or one the agents that post on here could confirm.

Mandisfam

Guest Soph and Ju

The CSL and MODL are different as some people are on both(like us) and others are on MODL but not CSL. The CSL has priority over MODL. Dont understand still tho why it says that state sponsored applicatons are no 1, then at no 2 is any on the CSL - 175 is not a state sponsored visa! Getting so confused, maybe they have made a mistake and they sposed to put 176 and not 175??

Dunno what the score is - only thing I would observe was that the stuff around state sponsored was clearly indicated in the Q&A that went with the ministerial announcement in December, was disputed by some DIAC contacts before the ASPC statement came out and is now absolutely the case. The same debate ensued at that time around what it really meant, with people interpreting it in different ways.

This could be interpreted in different ways: DIAC clearing the boards of exisiting applications before applying fairly strict criterion to future economically useful migration in clearly identified trades and professions, or applying those criterion now and focussing on state sponsorship as these people have responded to state shortages in specific skill mixes, therefore either good or bad news for non state-sponsored 175s. (sorry if talking nonsense, cos I never looked into reqirements for 175)

I am sure the migration agents will be submitting queries and requests for clarification and all will become clear in next few days. Know how you are all feeling, as 475ers were feeling like applications going nowhere for last 6 months plus.

Hope it all turns out well for all concerned.

Pies

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Pies - thanks very much for having obtained today's e-mail off the ASPC. Good thinking that person and I have made the thread sticky because it is so important.

They are already sitting on a number of sc 176 State Sponsored applications, as we were expecting. They are also sitting on a number of cases where the visa applied for is a 175 but State Sponsorship has also been obtained and submitted. There are a number of reasons why someone might do this (several, so I won't bore you all with the details. Originally the applicant was probably hoping for a 175 visa but now he has reason to be glad that he "insured the risk" of not having enough points for a 175 by obtaining State sponsorship as well.)

Turning to the remainder of the e-mail:

February 2009.

Everyone affected by the section above should get Meds and Police checks done straightaway, please, if you want to save yourselves as much time as possible before your visas can be granted. However please bear in mind that once the meds and police are done, the clock will start ticking down to the time when you must make your Initial Entries to Oz. Please start making plans for your rekky trips and/or permanent moves to Oz as well as organising your meds and pccs.

Hmmmm. Obviously they have decided to put every available CO onto the job of getting the existing pile of State Sponsored applications down to a manageable level before they divert any of the COs away to the task of starting to bring the CSL applications forwards as well.

A lot of people are worrying that the stream of State Sponsored applications will never cease and that therefore their own CSL 175 visas will never be processed. If DIAC have advised the Minister accurately, they are expecting the ASPC to receive a big upsurge of State Sponsored applications and ones which are not State Sponsored at present becoming State Sponsored in forthcoming weeks. Presumably despite that the ASPC reckon there will be enough COs left over to deal with CSL applications as well once they have brought the present situation under control.

Please remember too that a CO does not have to go to Adelaide physically in order to help with the workload in Adelaide. So much of it is now done on the computer that a CO could easily handle some of the cases from Perth.

Also, I am convinced that backlogs will develop in the State processing centres which will delay the arrival of State Sponsored applications at the ASPC. If my hunch is right then once the initial State Sponsored backlog is out of the way, the ASPC staff will have time to deal with CSL applications whilst waiting for more State Sponsored applications to arrive/waiting for the State Sponsored people to have their meds and pccs done and so on. I am sure that they believe that they can make the logistics of the Minister's new Plan A work successfully.

Mmmm. I suspect that apart from not having the manpower at the immediate moment anyway, they may have decided to wait for the promised new MODL before they try to do anything about applicants who are relying on the MODL only. Regardless of what they do about MODL points, I think they will probably only fast track applicants whose occupations are on the new MODL which is promised/threatened for "early in 2009" but so far DIAC have not been specific about when.

Alan Collett of Go Matilda asked the ASPC about the above group a couple of weeks ago. He was told that their instructions are that the others will not be processed any further during the current Program Year, which ends on 30th June 2009. Exactly when processing of non-priority skilled applications might resume will depend on what view the Minister takes of the economy over the next 18 months or so and also on whether he managed to get DIAC some more money with which to recruit extra staff, I suspect. They run DIAC on a shoestring budget. I suspect that Parliament will not send the Minister for Immi on a spending spree to recruit extra staff.

I suspect that what will happen is that processing of non-priority cases will resume as & when the wind changes again and they decide to revert to "first come, first served."

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

Should we be worried? We applied for 175 in November, had meds in December and sent off for pcc today. We where hoping that we could have visa by June as we have family and friends waiting for us in Perth.

How long do you think before they start processing 175? my husbands occupation solid plasterer is on csl and modl.

Many Thanks

Rachael

Hi All

Pies - thanks very much for having obtained today's e-mail off the ASPC. Good thinking that person and I have made the thread sticky because it is so important.

They are already sitting on a number of sc 176 State Sponsored applications, as we were expecting. They are also sitting on a number of cases where the visa applied for is a 175 but State Sponsorship has also been obtained and submitted. There are a number of reasons why someone might do this (several, so I won't bore you all with the details. Originally the applicant was probably hoping for a 175 visa but now he has reason to be glad that he "insured the risk" of not having enough points for a 175 by obtaining State sponsorship as well.)

Turning to the remainder of the e-mail:

Everyone affected by the section above should get Meds and Police checks done straightaway, please, if you want to save yourselves as much time as possible before your visas can be granted. However please bear in mind that once the meds and police are done, the clock will start ticking down to the time when you must make your Initial Entries to Oz. Please start making plans for your rekky trips and/or permanent moves to Oz as well as organising your meds and pccs.

Hmmmm. Obviously they have decided to put every available CO onto the job of getting the existing pile of State Sponsored applications down to a manageable level before they divert any of the COs away to the task of starting to bring the CSL applications forwards as well.

A lot of people are worrying that the stream of State Sponsored applications will never cease and that therefore their own CSL 175 visas will never be processed. If DIAC have advised the Minister accurately, they are expecting the ASPC to receive a big upsurge of State Sponsored applications and ones which are not State Sponsored at present becoming State Sponsored in forthcoming weeks. Presumably despite that the ASPC reckon there will be enough COs left over to deal with CSL applications as well once they have brought the present situation under control.

Please remember too that a CO does not have to go to Adelaide physically in order to help with the workload in Adelaide. So much of it is now done on the computer that a CO could easily handle some of the cases from Perth.

Also, I am convinced that backlogs will develop in the State processing centres which will delay the arrival of State Sponsored applications at the ASPC. If my hunch is right then once the initial State Sponsored backlog is out of the way, the ASPC staff will have time to deal with CSL applications whilst waiting for more State Sponsored applications to arrive/waiting for the State Sponsored people to have their meds and pccs done and so on. I am sure that they believe that they can make the logistics of the Minister's new Plan A work successfully.

Mmmm. I suspect that apart from not having the manpower at the immediate moment anyway, they may have decided to wait for the promised new MODL before they try to do anything about applicants who are relying on the MODL only. Regardless of what they do about MODL points, I think they will probably only fast track applicants whose occupations are on the new MODL which is promised/threatened for "early in 2009" but so far DIAC have not been specific about when.

Alan Collett of Go Matilda asked the ASPC about the above group a couple of weeks ago. He was told that their instructions are that the others will not be processed any further during the current Program Year, which ends on 30th June 2009. Exactly when processing of non-priority skilled applications might resume will depend on what view the Minister takes of the economy over the next 18 months or so and also on whether he managed to get DIAC some more money with which to recruit extra staff, I suspect. They run DIAC on a shoestring budget. I suspect that Parliament will not send the Minister for Immi on a spending spree to recruit extra staff.

I suspect that what will happen is that processing of non-priority cases will resume as & when the wind changes again and they decide to revert to "first come, first served."

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

Thanks very much for your (as always) informative response.

When I saw the e-mail, I have to say I did get a little excited as we have applied for a 176 state sponsored visa and I did start wondering if we should think about getting our medicals and police checks done sooner rather than later now as I don't want to hold the process up, but then I started thinking there must be quite a few state sponsored applications in front of us - we applied in November and there are still applicants out there from June/July, maybe earlier? But then it does say all applicants will be allocated a CO by 13 Feb, so not really sure what to do?

Denise

Folks,

Honoured to be a sticky!!

As a starter for ten, I spent about 4 days on researching jobs, sources of info and support, around general migration, housing, jobs, support, finance, plus other stuff for my state sponsorship application for South Australia and got it approved in 2 weeks in April 2008. I also did the research for SA in general for my occupation (sales).

Happy to share for those who are now going to move for state sponsorship. I would reckon that things will get quite busy and they will expect applications to a higher standard than may currently be the case (supply and demand and all that).

The amount of stuff I did may be a little too thorough for some, but did the job.

Also, someone may well think about starting a thread about good state sponsorship applications.

Good luck all - I am sure that there are some out there who may find this disheartening, but route is pretty clear, and seems to make sense from an Oz economics point of view - hope the UK government are listening!!

Pies

Guest Gollywobbler
Folks,

Honoured to be a sticky!!

As a starter for ten, I spent about 4 days on researching jobs, sources of info and support, around general migration, housing, jobs, support, finance, plus other stuff for my state sponsorship application for South Australia and got it approved in 2 weeks in April 2008. I also did the research for SA in general for my occupation (sales).

Happy to share for those who are now going to move for state sponsorship. I would reckon that things will get quite busy and they will expect applications to a higher standard than may currently be the case (supply and demand and all that).

The amount of stuff I did may be a little too thorough for some, but did the job.

Also, someone may well think about starting a thread about good state sponsorship applications.

Good luck all - I am sure that there are some out there who may find this disheartening, but route is pretty clear, and seems to make sense from an Oz economics point of view - hope the UK government are listening!!

Pies

Hi Pies

I completely agree with you. In a way the States are getting a windfall out of this but they will also be getting a LOT of "tactical applications" from people with zilch desire to live in the State concerned (and possibly zilch intention of doing so.) I think they will be on the look out for potential abuse and that they will start being very stringent and searching in their selection criteria.

I think it is going to be prudent to ensure that research has been thorough and that the desire to move to the State concerned is genuine. It is very hard to gush enthusiam and to be thorough about a place you really don't want to move to, I suspect. I suspect the State authorities will be able to spot who is genuine and who isn't and I think people who have not done enough research might well be turned away even though their desire is genuine.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Dear all,

Appreciate this could be very good or not so good news depending on your position:

Got this email from DIAC this morning, you can get it too by sending a blank email to

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced

changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated

and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for

General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the

following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);

then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both

paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already

allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will

be processed as usual to finalisation.

February 2009.

PROCESSING NEWS

BRISBANE

The BSPC is now processing the following eVisa Onshore General Skilled

Migration applications:

· Subclass 885, 886 and 487 lodged on or after 1 December 2007

· Subclass 485 lodged on or after 1 March 2008

· Subclass 887 lodged on or after 1 July 2008

Allocation dates and information regarding applications processed in

Brisbane can be obtained by sending a blank email to the following email

address:

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

Hi,

Thanks for the info, this is great news for us.

Kangaroo Bruce I reakon its time for you to get the rock ready!!!!:biglaugh:

Yvonne and Andy:jiggy:

Hey Gill,

We could speculate, but, if I were the state involved, telephone interviews or questionnaires spring to mind - suppose the other point would relate to how they will enforce state sponsorship? Easy for 475 as part of visa requirement, but what about other visas?

Trick is to get in quick right now!! Do you think DIAC will give me a job in Oz??

Pies

Guest funkzig

Hi Gill

As always your advice is invaluable ;-)

A question:

Is there not a limit on the number of Regional Sponsored visas for a 'migration year', so when reached they will have to move onto CSL?

Thanks!

Funkzig

Guest nfowley

I think maybe the 175 on the list is maybe a mistake? I hope it's not, that would be great!

What I don't understand is, are they ever going to have all the sponsored applications done? As there will be people constantly applying surely so they will never all be done? Also with the recent changes the number of sponsor visa's will probably increase. I feel like it's going to take so long for them to get through them all and then eventually start on the 175 visa's. so it'll probably be months before they even start allocating 175's on CSL. This is so frustrating. I guess we should be thankful we're on CSL at least.

Nicola

Archived