sponsorer ruining our lives

Guest jodie_dirk

Guest jodie_dirk

we found a sponsorer in perth who promised the world and instead has delivered hell!!!

he and his dog are on a rampage to completely destroy our lives and put us through hell. they told us they wanted us to fail our visas and that they will prob cancel with DIAC so we have to return to UK. They also are causing problems with our letting agent and making up stories to try to get us evicted :realmad:. we have done nothing to them. my OH has been used and abused as a slave to this company and worked so long hours and today the sponsor decided not to pay him for the week!!!!! they are trying to drive us away and is so unfair. not only are they messing around with us but trying to evict our 10 yr old and 15 months old from their home, its sick.

They even used a corrupt agency in perth city to fail us but it backfired as we submitted it ourselves. Cant believe what they turned out to be like. we are desperate not to apply for 176. OH is to start TRA tom. i so hope we get to stay. will mess up our 10 yr old so much

Please all keep your fingers crossed for us as we gave up everything for this. we sold and binned all our belongings and only came with our suitcases and the promises were a lie and the sponsorer a sadistic bleep bleep bleep :arghh:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Jodie and I thought I was on a bad day.

Really feel for you and can you report this person at all to the very people that he is talking of going to?

Sounds like a nasty bit of work , perhaps someone on here can give you some advice on whom you can contact.

Good luck and I really hope things sort themselves out for you x

Look into finding a way to report these people. What do you think made them turn against you? So sorry you're having problems but glad that it hasn't put you off living in Oz :)

Guest hairdresser uk

for the sake of your family you have to put a stop to this, report them!

they have obligations as employers and sponsors to fulfil as their part of the sponsorship

I know nothing about visas but find your visa and find out the employer obligations on the site linked below:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

Report them to immigration if not to help you but to stop them sponsoring another family and them doing the same again:

Client Service Charter

are you eligiable for any other kind of visa?

you should speak to a migration expert, did you use an agent to get you to oz? if so I would contact them or find a new one and seek free advice, there are experts on here whom will surely give you some sound advice.

I wish you luck, but this sponsor has crossed the boundries and taken this into your personal lives regarding your rental property and by not paying you who the hell do they expect you to feed the kids - what a sick bar steward!!!! they sound completely insane and it sounds like harrassment.

hope you get some good news soon and please let us know how your getting on

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello again Jodie

Mummy3 - not so fast, please. DIAC are notorious for employing drongos in their Compliance Section. If they catch an employer breaching the rules for a 457 visa (which are very strict) Compliance have no idea of the consequences that cancelling the visa will cause, so they frequently cancel that first. Compliance do not understand the visa-consequences for the 457 visa holder if they cancel the visa - their job is ensuring compliance by the employer only. As far as Compliance are concerned, "somebody else" will look after the ex 457 visa holder.

It is TYPICAL of the bitty, disjointed way the British Civil Service is run (and, god forbid, the Aussies pat themselves on the back for copying the UK about this. I am not kidding.) The people on the coal face only know about their own little piece of the action. The Directors understand how the whole thing hangs together but this sort of situation is not dealt with at Director level.

Jodie, have you done anything about consulting a competent Registered Migration Agent locally? If not, PLEASE do so without delay. The priority for the moment is to protect you. Punishing the employer for his sins can come later.

An application for a 176 visa will not grant you the right to remain in Australia whilst the 176 visa is processed because it is an offshore visa. You need to get cracking, get the skills assessment and then apply for the 176 visa for sure but you also need a new employer-sponsor if humanly possible in order for him to help to keep you in Oz.

However, for the minute you are reasonably safe on the 457 visa, which the employer CANNOT cancel, so ignore his threats about that. Get an RMA to advise you about what tactics to use.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest hairdresser uk
Hello again Jodie

Mummy3 - not so fast, please. DIAC are notorious for employing drongos in their Compliance Section. If they catch an employer breaching the rules for a 457 visa (which are very strict) Compliance have no idea of the consequences that cancelling the visa will cause, so they frequently cancel that first. Compliance do not understand the visa-consequences for the 457 visa holder if they cancel the visa - their job is ensuring compliance by the employer only. As far as Compliance are concerned, "somebody else" will look after the ex 457 visa holder.

It is TYPICAL of the bitty, disjointed way the British Civil Service is run (and, god forbid, the Aussies pat themselves on the back for copying the UK about this. I am not kidding.) The people on the coal face only know about their own little piece of the action. The Directors understand how the whole thing hangs together but this sort of situation is not dealt with at Director level.

Jodie, have you done anything about consulting a competent Registered Migration Agent locally? If not, PLEASE do so without delay. The priority for the moment is to protect you. Punishing the employer for his sins can come later.

An application for a 176 visa will not grant you the right to remain in Australia whilst the 176 visa is processed because it is an offshore visa. You need to get cracking, get the skills assessment and then apply for the 176 visa for sure but you also need a new employer-sponsor if humanly possible in order for him to help to keep you in Oz.

However, for the minute you are reasonably safe on the 457 visa, which the employer CANNOT cancel, so ignore his threats about that. Get an RMA to advise you about what tactics to use.

Best wishes

Gill

hi Gill it was me not mummy3 who said to report and gave the links etc.

I understand that you say that they cannot cancel the visa but they are making it extremely difficult and by not paying them their salary - well you are not going to keep going to work to get no pay are you......so the employer/sponsor is making it impossible for them to go to work...so in that case where do they stand as they would have been forced to resign.........if that makes any sense ( it does in my head:yes:)

Are there any special rules for this sort of circumstance, if the sponsor is clearly being down right malicious and vindictive and in breech of thier obligations as the sponsor...why should the sponsored person/family have to suffer by leaving oz. Just wondered if their were any extenuating circumstances that could come into play?

this is a dreadful example of how it can go so wrong in the hands of a wrong sponsor/employer.

i do hope there will be a good out come of this

Guest jodie_dirk

thanks all for your help. dirk has been trying to get hold of stephen o'neill as you suggested gill. one member on here is going to skype us tom night to help with the TRA which is fab and so kind. if we can get the ball rolling on the visa and keep the 457 going then we will hopefully be able to last till we get an anwer on it before they cancel if they do. i take my hat off to my OH as he has put up with so much poo to keep us here. we've been here 6 months now and have had so much grief and hassle. has taken away the magic of a new life here to an degree but want to stay here so much. if we had to return to uk eldest daughter,10, would have missed out on so much schooling and we would then apply for 175 visa and hope to come back but its all so scattered. will have to sell new things here, start again in uk then again in oz if we got visas. my head is everywhere and cant do anything much to change it, its all down to fate.

thanks again all. will keep you posted,

many thanks, Jodie

Guest Gollywobbler
hi Gill it was me not mummy3 who said to report and gave the links etc.

I understand that you say that they cannot cancel the visa but they are making it extremely difficult and by not paying them their salary - well you are not going to keep going to work to get no pay are you......so the employer/sponsor is making it impossible for them to go to work...so in that case where do they stand as they would have been forced to resign.........if that makes any sense ( it does in my head:yes:)

Are there any special rules for this sort of circumstance, if the sponsor is clearly being down right malicious and vindictive and in breech of thier obligations as the sponsor...why should the sponsored person/family have to suffer by leaving oz. Just wondered if their were any extenuating circumstances that could come into play?

this is a dreadful example of how it can go so wrong in the hands of a wrong sponsor/employer.

i do hope there will be a good out come of this

Hi Hairdresser

I think you were composing your reply at the same time as I was doing mine. Yours certainly wasn't on the thread at the time that I composed mine. Mummy3's was.

There are lots of remedies via which DIAC can punish employers who "rort" (an Aussie word meaning "exploit") 457 visa holders. DIAC have the power to close their businesses down and to impose swingeing fines. However, that side of the coin is dealt with by DIAC's Compliance Section, who know sod-all about protecting the visa holder at the same time or at all.

It is a flaw in the system. It could be a defect in the legislation - I don't know. It could be a flaw in the way that DIAC run the system. Whichever, what has happened in the past is that DIAC have encouraged whistle blowing but then they have promptly cancelled the whistle blower's visa. Joined up thinking does not seem to be a feature of the arrangements at DIAC's end of whistle blowing on employers who rat on their 457 visa obligations.

I am not prepared to try to suggest tactical solutions aimed at getting the employer to back off and act like he does not belong in a cave. Doing that requires more knowledge than I have about how to protect the 457 visa holder. Whingeing to DIAC about it is NOTORIOUS for making a bad situation for the 457 visa holder a million times worse than it already is.

It is essential to avoid suggesting anything that might have the effect of chucking Jodie & Dirk out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Do you know of a 6-12 month game plan, visa-wise, that is 100% bullet proof and will keep the family in Oz with full rights to keep working? If not then please be aware that following your advice could have disastrous consequences for the family which you did not intend and did not realise might happen.

The only safe advice in this situation is, "Get an experienced RMA on the case quickly."

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Guest9973

What an awful situation you are in!

It's something that seems unreal and can't possibly happen in real life - but I know it is.

I can't do anything for but offer your a cyber pat on the back and an attempt to send kind thoughts your way.:hug:

Unlike the sponsor who would feel the reverse,and probably an itching and burning sensation that becomes much,much,much,much worse!!!!!!:arghh:

It seems to me that the 457 visa is only in existance to solve a short term skills shortage. What annoys employers is not just that they can't get the right sort of skilled workers but those that they do get demand top dollar. The 457 is about addressing the employers needs not the visa holders. That doesn't mean the 457 isn't a good thing for the visa holder.

Employers are without doubt exploiting 457 holders by employing them on lower rates than Aussies and its then a short step to further exploitation.

Employers are getting more and more rattled at employees who move on regularly. This annoyance has both ethical and non-ethical origins. 457 holders are more of the captive employee rather like 'in the good old days' of high unemployment.

The answer is to use the 457 as a means to an end. You can move jobs with a 457 if you don't like your current job... its just a bit more of a hassle and you can use it as path to a PR visa when in other times you would never get past the initial application stage.

Guest oscars mum

Jodie, We live 10 mins from you and only been here 4 months ourselves. I still have copy's of hubby's TRA info, don't know if they will be any good to you?

I will PM my mob number, get in touch if you need them, will help you anyway we can.

we found a sponsorer in perth who promised the world and instead has delivered hell!!!

he and his dog are on a rampage to completely destroy our lives and put us through hell. they told us they wanted us to fail our visas and that they will prob cancel with DIAC so we have to return to UK. They also are causing problems with our letting agent and making up stories to try to get us evicted :realmad:. we have done nothing to them. my OH has been used and abused as a slave to this company and worked so long hours and today the sponsor decided not to pay him for the week!!!!! they are trying to drive us away and is so unfair. not only are they messing around with us but trying to evict our 10 yr old and 15 months old from their home, its sick.

They even used a corrupt agency in perth city to fail us but it backfired as we submitted it ourselves. Cant believe what they turned out to be like. we are desperate not to apply for 176. OH is to start TRA tom. i so hope we get to stay. will mess up our 10 yr old so much

Please all keep your fingers crossed for us as we gave up everything for this. we sold and binned all our belongings and only came with our suitcases and the promises were a lie and the sponsorer a sadistic bleep bleep bleep :arghh:

Hi Jodie, the whole situation sounds very strange to me, why would your sponsor want to get rid of your hubby after spending loads of money on him to get him to OZ in the first place? I'm not criticising you, I just want to understand so that I can avoid similar pitfalls

Cheers

Webweazel

Guest *KAY TEE*

HI Jodie,

Oh I really feel for you in this situations, I cant imagine how you all must feel right now. Its hard enough uppping sticks and moving to the other side of the world without ar*e holes like him making life harder. Are there any other sponsored families that work for this company, if so how are they finding things. I would sugest your hubby looks for another sponsor and then cut all ties with company. Really Really hope this all works out for you. Best of luck hun. Ang xx

cant offer you practical advice other than to keep your nose clean. it might be worth making a note of all the things boss has done for future reference. however id arrange a date with an agent ASAP and get another sponsor. other than that try and never be alone with this guy and look into other accom. that he doesnt have a tie to. i might be inclined not to even tell him you have moved...

Guest waltheplasterer

Hi Jodie dirk,

Just read your thread and had to post a reply. We were sponsored by a company in Perth at the end of last year and a couple we know from the north of england were also sponsored by the same company at the same time. We got the wheels in motion and received our 457 visas in July this year. The other couple had got their visas much quicker than us, they also had 2 daughters aged 13 and 17. They sold their house quite quickly and flew out to start their new life in Perth in June this year, at this point we were still waiting for our visas. They arrived in Perth and set about setting up a new home and starting to live their dream. They took a 12 month rental property, bought two cars, bought all new furniture for their new home, enrolled their younger daughter in school (which she absolutely loved) and the eldest daughter got herself a job at the same place her Mum was working at. All was well until the sponsor started completely taking the P**s. He did not want to pay any tax for him, his attitude was "well I got you in the country, what more do you want". He did not want to pay superannuation and was basically becoming a complete a**hole. It turned into a complete nightmare for them.

We had taken our whole lives apart and were booked to fly out to Perth in September and then all of a sudden we had a 2 line e-mail from the prospective employer saying sorry, no longer have a job for you and have cancelled your visa with the DIAC. We were obviously devastated and the very next day we received official notification from the DIAC to say they had cancelled our visas and we had 28 days to find another sponsor or nothing. It is completely rigid and ridiculous, the DIAC said they were satisfied to cancel the visas as we had not yet entered Australia and therefore it would have minimum impact on our lives! They certainly didn't take into account that we had sold our home and it's entire content of furniture, we had given up jobs and we had taken our whole lives apart and were a fortnight away from getting on the plane.

Meanwhile the couple who were already there were trying desperately to find a new sponsor but after exploring every possible avenue they just couldn't and they ended up having to return to the UK in October. Nedless to say they were devastated and did not want to leave Australia at all.

I also contacted Senator Chris Evans by e-mail and just got a reply saying find another sponsor or feel free to apply to a new kind of visa,end of!

The system stinks, we have now had to go back to square one and are now going for a 175 so that we will not be at the mercy of anyone when we do get there.

Guest charlies-space@hotmail.co

hi ya sorry to read about your bad experience! try Go Matilda.com very good site hope it helps! Good Luck.

Guest jodie_dirk

thanks so much for all your help and advise. we are in the process of starting a TRA to apply for a 176 and hope the sponsor doesnt cancel in the meantime. he says he will leave it a while longer but is making our lives hell in the process to try to force us to want to leave. my sanity is at the edge. feel like giving up already but want so much to stay here. the whole situation is making me so ill and physically sick. we dont have the money for an imigration agent. our sponsor has run us dry!!!!!!

Guest jodie_dirk

if i could name the company and you asked any building firm about the company and the owner they would tell you the same as us. maybe if the guys brain wasnt frazzled from drugs and alcohol and that he wasnt such a compulsive liar that he could remember half the stuff he said then all would be fine. last week another worker didnt get paid either coz something got lost on site and the boss said on payday that coz of the lost equipment, him not being paid makes them equal. the sponsor has had 2 fights with workers which he started in the past few months infront of his wife and 3 yr old child. whats that for behaviour.

we were just very unlucky to get such a nasty spiteful ahole who wants to exploit us and use OH for cheap labour. Aswell as taking away work truck he will no longer pick OH up for work and told him if he wants a lift to get a bike and start pedalling then laughed in my OH face. sorry but thats not funny. OH has to put up with it to keep his family here. its sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

Hi Jodie, the whole situation sounds very strange to me, why would your sponsor want to get rid of your hubby after spending loads of money on him to get him to OZ in the first place? I'm not criticising you, I just want to understand so that I can avoid similar pitfalls

Cheers

Webweazel

Guest wiccanwitch

hi jodie i do feel for you

but what i carnt understand is why this normal bloke is doing this to you ?

why would he be putting a family throu all this ?

did he just decide to pick on your family?

was somthing said or done that he didnt like ?

did your hubby have a fall out or somthing

sorry for asking but just trying to understand why a boss would do that

Guest jodie_dirk

waltheplasterer, how awful for you and your friends. it seems to be all the plastering firms being arses. am so gutted over all this. my 10 yr old is so upset too and i feel like im going mentally insane. the stress is actually making me physically ill and sick. we are now going for 176 so gota do the TRA. its all a mess and we have no money for any migration agents. we can barely afford food and the sponsorer has been showing off him new entertainement gym. He is paying minimum wage now though was negotiated at a higher rate. OH gets less than labourers though works longer hours and does the work start to finish in fine detail. its all such a mess.

cant seem to find another sponsor in Perth. would move to another state if means staying in oz.

will let you know what number is my own padded cell. see how much that costs him!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest wiccanwitch

well all i can say if he is doing this to others you all need to get together and sort it out and remember this you will have more say of you all stick together to try and put a stop to this man

Guest jodie_dirk

the web weazel, the sponsor paid nothing to get us here. it was all us. we even paid for the nomination etc and we were so desperate to come here so there was no outlay for sponsor. we are good honest people who have been used and abused by these fraudsters!!!! :arghh::realmad:

Guest jodie_dirk

the guy isnt normal, thats the thing!!!! he is worse than anyone we ever met. he has on and off days and then he spirals down so far that all who get in his path are in the eye of a tornado. if we say something he will cancel visa before we have time to lodge another then we will have to leave oz which we dont want. he is a known company but for such negative things. OH called around for another sponsor and when he said who he worked for they had less than nice words to say about the owner and company. we got dealt a bad hand and need to try to fix it to save our family and future

Archived