australian computer society

mullsey

Hello

I am in the process of applying for a 475 skills based visa. My skills based assesment was received by the ACS on the 24th september 08. On the ACS website it showed my application as awaiting case officer. About the 20th October it changed to in process.

Does anyone know how much longer this part of the process will take.

Many thanks

jason

Guest Granada

Hi Jason

We are on pretty much the same timeline as you.

Recieved on 29/09/08, ack 08/10/08, in process 24/10/08.

Apparantly its usually a long wait in process ( about 8 weeks) but I will watch your post with interest and of course update when we change!!

Good Luck

Jen

Guest Jhonnywalker

Just to add my thoughts on this thread.. it also depends on the risk level of applicant's country.

On an average it takes anything from 6 - 8 weeks for the process complete. But sometimes it can stretch beyond 12 weeks..in cases like mine.. and I don't even know.. why..!

Anyways, looks like my result letter was posted last week..just hoping ..that I get a +ve result :)

Just to add my thoughts on this thread.. it also depends on the risk level of applicant's country.

JW

I think for the ACS, it's got more to do with a bit of luck and probably a lot more to do with the presentation of supporting evidence.

Some of my clients who are from supposedly high risk countries sail through the ACS part with no questions asked under the average time quoted - provided they follow my advice and do what's required of them.

Some others would prefer to do it their way with their own fixed ideas on what their application must look like, and resist advice or recommendation. The result is inevitably a lengthy processing period as the application isn't optimised for a quick assessment.

The high risk bit is more applicable for the DIAC application, though.

All the best for your result, if the waiting doesn't kill you by then :)

Regards

Peter

Guest Jhonnywalker

Thanks Peter. You are right. I applied for ACS on my own and tried to be as informative as possible with the kind of job functions/role and projects that I have done in the past and do it currently as well.

Anyways, I am sure my application would have looked better with your advice :)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Jen

Just to let you know finally got a positive outcome from the ACS at long last. Now onto the state sponsorship.

How are you doing with yours.

Hi Jason

We are on pretty much the same timeline as you.

Recieved on 29/09/08, ack 08/10/08, in process 24/10/08.

Apparantly its usually a long wait in process ( about 8 weeks) but I will watch your post with interest and of course update when we change!!

Good Luck

Jen

Guest juliemtaylor

wow how many weeks was that! Ours went in on 28th Oct, and case officer 28 Nov and no change from then... WELL DONE!

Julie x

Guest Granada

Great news Jason

What code did you get, did you get the MODL?

Ours has been a bit tricky. We recieved an email on 12/11/08 asking for another reference and saying that hubbys Diploma was not recognised ( which we were half expecting).

Got to say they were very fair though and said if we sent the RPL with the reference we only had to pay $50 to change the asessment over to RPL.

We had the RPL prepared but were hoping to avoid this as we cannot get a reference from 7 years ago which we need for RPL as we need 8 years references instead of 6. The company went bust and hubby can't contact anyone so we have submitted a stat dec which may or may not be OK !

Docs all went on 08/12/08 but not arrived yet!!

Fingers crossed ... in fact everything crossed!!

Take care and good luck with the visa

Jen

Archived