Relationship evidence for defacto partner

Guest Jonesey

Guest Jonesey

Hi Everyone!

I've just had confirmation that we have been approved for state sponsorship for South Australia.. so I'm now putting the documents together for DIAC.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, and we only have to evidence that we have been together for 12 months, but does anyone know what evidenace DIAC look for?

I was thinking of submitting our contracts for flats that we've lived in, joint account statements, utility bills, a few photos...

Does that sound about right??

Would appreciate anyones advice.

Lisa

Lisa,

if you mean applying for you as a defacto, you have to have lived together for a year min & provide as you suggested above joing accounts,utility bills,photos, also include any cards,letters,invatations,life assurance,car insurance,loans,club memberships,flight ticket stubs,hotel/holiday receipts anything that has both of your names on or proves you do things together as a couple.

Yell if you need more help

Good luck

stuju

Guest beverley
Hi Everyone!

I've just had confirmation that we have been approved for state sponsorship for South Australia.. so I'm now putting the documents together for DIAC.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, and we only have to evidence that we have been together for 12 months, but does anyone know what evidenace DIAC look for?

I was thinking of submitting our contracts for flats that we've lived in, joint account statements, utility bills, a few photos...

Lisa

Hiya

Im currently getting together the same information, we are going on a 175 skilled visa but we are not married, lived together for six years though. I think all the info you have already mentioned is fine. I would say though to ask a friend or family member if they are happy to write a statement about how they see you as a couple etc and get it certified (just one or 2). My agent reccomended that I get this done just to be sure we have enough proof!

Good Luck! x

Guest Jonesey

Do they require originals? - If I supply them with letters and cards...

Getting a statement is a really good idea. Do I just get it certified by a notory?

Lisa,

if you mean applying for you as a defacto, you have to have lived together for a year min & provide as you suggested above joing accounts,utility bills,photos, also include any cards,letters,invatations,life assurance,car insurance,loans,club memberships,flight ticket stubs,hotel/holiday receipts anything that has both of your names on or proves you do things together as a couple.

Yell if you need more help

Good luck

stuju

Not sure about the "Min a year" they accepted me as defacto souse on a 457 and we've only lived together 6 months but the rental agreements will do the trick. We sent over a couple of joint bills (Council Tax, etc.) and our tennancy agreements.

Guest beverley
Do they require originals? - If I supply them with letters and cards...

Getting a statement is a really good idea. Do I just get it certified by a notory?

You dont need to get it notorised just certified which the person doing the statement can just take it into a solicitors. I got all confused with notorised documents and its a special kind of solicitor, i found out after ringing about 5 solictors in the area! im then going to get that copy certified with all the other copies and send to agent. as they scan and send all via email you need to get copy certified too i think !!??

if you ring around you should find a solicior who will stamp and certify all your documents for an amount. the first few i rang said £5 per copy, which adds up when you have loads of docs. The solicitor i found did all our first load of paperwork for vetassess for £30. Which saved us loads. So will be using him again for this lot!

Hi Everyone!

Lisa

Hiya

My boyf and I emigrated on a 457 visa and our relationship of 13 years was questioned as we are not married!!!

Luckily my boyf sponsor in Oz had enlisted the help of an immigration lawyer who explained exactly what we needed to send with reference to us being in a de-facto relationship:-

1) We had to each write a statement of declaration of our relationship - where and when we met, how we felt, how we support each other, events we attended together as a couple etc etc.

2) Any utility bills, rent documents, I even found a really old car insurance certificate which showed my bofy as a named driver!

3) Sent about 10 photos of us together, each photo had to state date, destination, and who was in the photo.

4) Then we had to get a justice for peace member to sign each documentation - we used our local pharmacy who stamped and certified them all - for FREE!!

Hope this helps.

Good luck with everything.

Star8 xx

Archived