How long do we have after approval of 457 Visa before we have to go?

Guest katymary1

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Katy!

As far as I know... you don't have any "must get to Oz" date so to speak as the 457 visa is temporary so as long as you're in Oz before it expires (after four years) I think you should be fine... though I'm not 100% sure...

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Dan x

Guest katymary1
Hi Katy!

As far as I know... you don't have any "must get to Oz" date so to speak as the 457 visa is temporary so as long as you're in Oz before it expires (after four years) I think you should be fine... though I'm not 100% sure...

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Dan x

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reply!!!

We're originally from the Mids ourselves, but now live in Devon!!!

I have a Sponsor and just in process of getting all paperwork together - haven't put house up fpr sale yet - hence the query on timescales?

How's your visa process going??

Than x

Guest prettyinpink

Yes Dan is right, we moved out here on a 457. Once your visas have been granted, you just come out here when you're ready. Our visa approval come through via email and the only thing we had to do was visit the immigration place in the city within 90 of arriving to have the visas put into our passports. You don't have to 'validate' your visas if it's just a 457. Once we'd had our medicals, it took about 4 weeks before the visas came through. Hope that helps.

Yes Dan is right, we moved out here on a 457. Once your visas have been granted, you just come out here when you're ready. Our visa approval come through via email and the only thing we had to do was visit the immigration place in the city within 90 of arriving to have the visas put into our passports. You don't have to 'validate' your visas if it's just a 457. Once we'd had our medicals, it took about 4 weeks before the visas came through. Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks for that some other poster asked for similar advice and a I told them the same but was told I was utterly wrong and that you had to send them to oz house in uk so if you read this ne ne ne ne ne:biglaugh:

ally from kally

Guest prettyinpink
Hi

Thanks for that some other poster asked for similar advice and a I told them the same but was told I was utterly wrong and that you had to send them to oz house in uk so if you read this ne ne ne ne ne:biglaugh:

ally from kally

Yeah, you're right. You don't need to send them to Oz House, as the visa grant number is linked to your passport number. We had no problems at immigration.

However, I should correct my earlier post in which I said you had 90 days to have your visa evidenced in your passport. I was wrong, you infact have 30 days to have it put in just like Dodgy correctly posted. :embarrassed:

Guest katymary1
Im here on my 3rd 457 visa and each 1 i had 30 days from the date of approval to go into the immigration offices and get the visa put in my passport.

Hi,

Do you mind whY the 457 x 3 times??

Could yo not get permanent Visa after the 457???

How long wasit after approval that yo had to beout there???

Guest katymary1

Hi,

How long was it after your Visa was granted before you went?? Is the Visa valid for 4 years from approval or when you get out there?

I have a job sponsor who is willing to wait for me, it's more for us arranging finishing dates for son at college/house sale etc??

Thanx

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hi Dan,

Thanks for reply!!!

We're originally from the Mids ourselves, but now live in Devon!!!

I have a Sponsor and just in process of getting all paperwork together - haven't put house up fpr sale yet - hence the query on timescales?

How's your visa process going??

Than x

Hi! There's a lot of Midlanders on here isn't there... Unfortunately I'm still at the persuasion stage with my parents lol, haven't a clue when I'm going to get to Oz :cry:

Good luck with your application though...

Regards,

Dan x

I was already out here and appied in oz for my 457's.Its valid from when it is approved not from when you get the visa stamp in your passport.From approval you have 30 days to get the passport label from immigration.I can get the company sponsoring me to sponsor me for PR after i he been in oz for min of 2 yrs and worked for them for a min of 12 mths.

Archived