Fork lift truck drivers are they a wanted profession????

Guest gothicqueen

Guest gothicqueen

Good moring guys

As you mostly know we are going to Oz on my skills as a hairdresser, my hubby is a print finishe (doesnt involve binding though) but he also has a FLT counter balance and reach license which has been part of his job for the past 5 years or so, so he has plenty of experience in it.

Im just wondering if we could use his work experience towards ur points rather than me having to do the IELTS test, does anyone know if its on any of the skills lists, I want him to feel like he is contributing something to us going over there.

I know there are FLT jobs paying around a tenner an hour (£ not $) so not too worried about him getting a job there,

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Gothicqueen

No, you will not be able to use Hubby's forklift experience instead of your doing the IELTS. The reason is because it is a Group 7 occupation and the only list it is on is one for the ENSOL Regional Employer Concessions scheme for the 457 and RSMS visas.

http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/free.nsf/Lookup/A86A0162E6F672DFCA256ADB001D10D4/$File/asco.pdf

You will find the occupation on Page 480 of the ASCO Code above. Use the page numbering in the Code itself, not the Adobe page numbering ideas. The Code for Forklift Driver is 7112-11.

To see where it fits into DIAC's great scheme of things, you need Page 14 of the legislative instrument below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/occupations.pdf

Realistically, there is no way round your doing the IELTS.

However I wouldn't expect you to have any trouble with it. I think you will find it a cakewalk. When are you planning on taking it?

Best wishes

Gill

• 5 months later...
Guest whiskeyonesix

Absolutely true........

I drove a FLT/Reach truck in the UK for years, but had to do a one-day High Risk course here to get any sort of Forklift/warehousing work. Still, it was only $180 so worth doing.

Archived