Update to the revison of the SA sponsored visa's

Guest Birdiesinoz

Guest Birdiesinoz

Information received today:

What will happen to my sponsorship application?

1. If applications have already been submitted on-line for an occupation that has been removed, the application will remain valid for 60 days. If all the supporting documents are not received by Immigration SA by that time, the application will expire.

2. If an application has been started but not submitted on-line, this application will not be able to proceed.

3. If an application has already been approved, the applicant has currently six (6) months to lodge the visa application with DIAC or the approval will lapse. The revised list will not affect applications already approved.

To create a more efficient process, we will be amending the validity of the sponsorship applications from six (6) months to one (1) month. This means that visa applications must be lodged with DIAC within one month of the sponsorship approval date. This validity period is indicated in all approval emails. On-line applications will continue to remain on the system for 60 days to allow for receipt of all supporting documents. However, agents are encouraged to send the supporting documents to Immigration SA as soon as they have submitted the on-line application.

The Permanent List is also being revised and you will be advised when the new list is available for publication'.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Cheryl

Thank you very much for this info. Please may I raise a supplementary query? (And please be gentle with me because I'm not an agent so I have very little idea of how this stuff actually works.)

We have a Member who is an Office Manager. She was told that SA was the only State that would sponsor her on a 475 visa. Luckily for her, Office Manager has survived SA's slash & burn so that remains possible for the time being.

However the lady wants to move to WA so a group of us examined the WA website with her. WA do not seem to have a specific list for the 475 visa. The WA website says that if the occupation is on the SOL plus one of the Regional Development Commissions will support the application, WA Migration will do the nomination.

Therefore if our member can get one of the 9 RDCs in WA to support her, she might not be able to move to Perth Metro immediately (and should assume that Perth Metro is a non-starter) but she need not be tied to Bunbury or Broome for the rest of her life either if I have understood the WA website and the rough gist of the visa correctly?

Is this how it actually works, though? If so, would it be possible for people to ask SA to make comparable exceptions to their new list if the occupation is on the SOL, please? All the States seem to be competing with each other to attract new migrants, so:-

Bloggs wants to move to SA. His occupation is no longer on their 475 list. WA will offer to nominate him for the 475 visa, however, because us Brainy Types have been and gone and got WA on side for Bloggs. Is it viable after that to horse trade with SA and suggest to them that they will lose a valuable new migrant unless they are willing to match the offer from WA? This is what I am really after by way of info because the other lady - the Office Manager - doesn't want to move to SA if she can do a deal with WA instead. I can foresee a situation in which Bloggs might want to reverse the process, however, and reverse the selling so as to get into SA as his own first choice?

Many thanks

Gill

Archived