Current 457 processing times??

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the average waits for a 457? We plan to submit our application very soon and will have all relevant documentation to submit at the same time (plus medicals) Hoping this wil mean a minimum wait? Also will be applying online.

Panicking a bit because we go in Jan and I don't have all the paperwork I need yet to submit. Soo frustrating!! Just want the visa in my hand, it will all seem real then....

Guest katymary1

Hi, What paperwork are you waiting for??

I understand they are takin anything from 4-12 wks??

What profession are you going in on for the 457??

This is the Visa we are hoping to get in on, but have just started the process???

Guest guest17301
Hi, What paperwork are you waiting for??

I understand they are takin anything from 4-12 wks??

What profession are you going in on for the 457??

This is the Visa we are hoping to get in on, but have just started the process???

Hi Katy,

My husband is in the process of formally adopting our 11 yr old (we got together when she was 2) We need the adoption certificate before we can apply for her new passport. Just waiting for a date to go for the hearing...taking forever.

I'm a nurse and have a job at the Royal Perth Hospital. I just hope we get everything sorted in time. What do you do?

Guest katymary1
Hi Katy,

My husband is in the process of formally adopting our 11 yr old (we got together when she was 2) We need the adoption certificate before we can apply for her new passport. Just waiting for a date to go for the hearing...taking forever.

I'm a nurse and have a job at the Royal Perth Hospital. I just hope we get everything sorted in time. What do you do?

Hi Fiona,

I work in Sales/Marketing for Holiday Company, ran my own Company for 5 years doing the same.

I have a job sponsor, however we are waiting to get his Company approved and then hopefully they will accept me?

I bet you can't wait to get over there?

We hope to move to Melbourne as I have family there!

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope your paperwork comes through that you need x

Hi Katy, Just wondering did your employer tell you how long they thought it would take for the sponsorship and nomination approval to go through? My OH has been offered a job on a 457 by a company who haven't sponsored before so they aren't sure on timescales. They are submitting the application this week but as my OH's job doesn't fit neatly into any ASCO code (Its actually about 3 different ones all mixed together) we are really worried about whether it will go through.

Thanks Hannah

Guest The Birmingham Villains
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the average waits for a 457? We plan to submit our application very soon and will have all relevant documentation to submit at the same time (plus medicals) Hoping this wil mean a minimum wait? Also will be applying online.

Panicking a bit because we go in Jan and I don't have all the paperwork I need yet to submit. Soo frustrating!! Just want the visa in my hand, it will all seem real then....

Hi Fiona,

Went for reccie and interview last Easter. Had job offer and accepted. Agent sent application late May once he had all relevant info. Visa approved Aug 25th. This may have happened quicker but there was a big back log for a few months but the immigration dept took another 20 officers on in July to deal with the backlog so your visa application may not take that long. If your sponsor has a history of taking on migrants it should happen quite quickly.

Good luck with it all

Leaving for Brisbane Oct 2nd:jiggy:

Kev

Guest katymary1

Hi Hannah,

This will be the first time that the Company will have sponsored someone - so like you I am really not too sure. At the mo I work for a Travel Company in the role of Sales and Marketing and the job I'm going for is for a Group of Comapnies owned by same person in a more central role of sale andmarketing (The Company does air con, property development and road re-surfacing) so totally different to what I have done previously in terms of Product at least?

My Agent is just going through the contacting stage with him and the paperwork that he has to do to be approved and to be honest I am just crossing fingers!

How about you?

Hi, I sent an email last night to the sydney processing centre who deal with the 457 and got a reply back this morning to say that an initial assessment of the sponsorship and nomination takes 48 hours and then the full assessment takes anything from 3-8 weeks. I can cope with 3 weeks but 8 is going to really stretch me if my OH's job was straightforward I wouldn't be worried and would be starting to make plans but as it is just feel in limbo. Its going to feel like a long wait...

Katy, any more news on yours?

Guest SNOWYHAZE

Hello,

We too are going over on a 457 visa. We hope to be there in December of this year. Our application with all documentation was received by the Migration agent on 12th September to be lodged with the immigration department and the Xray examinations were sent via courier yesterday (15th September), the Xray examinations should arrive in Sydney in 5 working days. And then the process should be complete within 6-8 weeks. All going well of course!

Hope this helps!

Guest guest17301

That's reassuring. Haven't yet submitted ours but we have till mid January so should be ok. Its just the uncertainty of it all that's killing me!

Hi , don't worry , the hospital will probably already be cleared to sponser and the immigration dept can usually work to a certain date on a 457 .If requested. Ours only took a few weeks and the immigrstion officer put a condition on so we can validate in Oz rather than waiting for passports to be sent off and it being stamped.

Guest guest17301
Hi , don't worry , the hospital will probably already be cleared to sponser and the immigration dept can usually work to a certain date on a 457 .If requested. Ours only took a few weeks and the immigrstion officer put a condition on so we can validate in Oz rather than waiting for passports to be sent off and it being stamped.

Thanks Jo,

When do you go? Are you a nurse? x

Hi Fiona,

I work in Sales/Marketing for Holiday Company, ran my own Company for 5 years doing the same.

I have a job sponsor, however we are waiting to get his Company approved and then hopefully they will accept me?

I bet you can't wait to get over there?

We hope to move to Melbourne as I have family there!

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope your paperwork comes through that you need x

Hi,

Do you have any idea how long it takes to become an approved sponsor? As i'm in the same boat at the mo.

Andy

Guest guest17301
Your welcome. no i am not a nurse, hubby that is being sponsered . We have 1 week and 5 days to go !

OMG!:radar:

Wow, that's great. Best of luck to you for your new lives. Hope to be there soon x

Guest SNOWYHAZE
That's reassuring. Haven't yet submitted ours but we have till mid January so should be ok. Its just the uncertainty of it all that's killing me!

Trust me, that won't go away unfortunately. We have done nothing but be uncertain about it all. We know it will be set in stone once we receive the visas but until then it doesn't feel real.

I think that the best moment for us will be when we get our visas and book the flight. At least then we will have a confirmed date of when we go, until then we will be in Limbo =(

But fingers crossed for all of us waiting for our Visas!! :radar:

Hi Katy,

Hope Mr barnett keeps his word and keeps the rph open

Mally

Guest guest17301
Hope Mr barnett keeps his word and keeps the rph open

Mally

Thanks but that's not really a problem as we'll have been there a few years by then, may not even be working there at that time. Plus the hospitals actually relocating, not closing. Latest is that some services will stay at Royal Perth site

Guest simon_fran

I think I may have done this the wrong way round!!!

The company have informed me that the 457 will take 4-6 weeks and is a done deal, bar a problem on the chest X-ray. That's all been sent off and the flights have been booked (25th October). Now here is the problem...My wife is on the visa also, but has been asked to have an aditional medical check that will take 2-4 weeks to get the results. Can my part of the visa be completed independently, or are we a package?

My thoughts were for her to come across on a holiday visa and hope all is well ( being positive!!) I don't want to think what will happen if she doesn't get in!!

Any info would be appreciated

Si

Well guys, We will have been waiting 3 months next Wednesday for our 457.

I appear to be in the minority here with a wait as long as this but non the less still without visa. Incidently we were also told between 4- 6 weeks......................

All we are told is to be paitient, hugely frustrating and very costly ~ wine consuption wise!

Hi, it's been 3 months since they received all documentation and actuall 'processing commenced' !

It's a shocker. I am told that I am not the only one though. Someone else waited 16 weeks so don't feel quite so alone. Still miffed all the same.

Guest guest17301
Hi, it's been 3 months since they received all documentation and actuall 'processing commenced' !

It's a shocker. I am told that I am not the only one though. Someone else waited 16 weeks so don't feel quite so alone. Still miffed all the same.

Hi would you mind me asking what your occupation is Stubby, and did you submit your medicals at the same time or after?

Hi would you mind me asking what your occupation is Stubby, and did you submit your medicals at the same time or after?

Hi, my hubby is a heavy mechanic (truck and military). Our meds were sent off with the paperwork so nothing to hold things up.:dull:

Archived