Defacto Visa help form 40SP

Guest nickandashlee

Guest nickandashlee

When filling out form 40SP for a defacto applicant do you need to answer Questions 11,12 and 13 or just question 13?

Thanks for your help!

Guest The Hoys hoping.........
When filling out form 40SP for a defacto applicant do you need to answer Questions 11,12 and 13 or just question 13?

Thanks for your help!

Hi nickandashlee,

We answered 11, 12 and 13.

The more information you give them the better we thought!

Good luck!

we answered them all. We did a relationship timeline as well just so that all the dates were made very clear. Make sure you detail dates in your relationship statements too.

Best of luck

Guest willbourn

Hi Guys

Have a quick question in following this post...

We've been told by different agents how to answer Q10.

Q9- When we met which is easy (Sep 06)

Q10) How long after you met did you start your relationship? (we figured it was when we started being girlfriend/boyfriend) which was 4 months after Sep 06. However we've been told it's the date we moved in together less the date we first met. So if we moved in together Jul 07 and met Sep 06, this would mean the time after is 10 months.

We're just confused whether it's the time after to when became boyfriend/ girlfriend relationship or a living together (defacto) relationship

If you could shed some light that would be great

Ta

Hi Willbourn,

ok, I just got all my visa stuff back out to double check what we put (we got our visa in June).

For Q9 we put when we first met (24/04/04)

For Q10 we put 2 months (this was when we started 'going out' with each other)

For Q11 we put the date we decided we wanted to move in together, or as close as possible, so 05/01/05

For Q12 we put the date we moved into our flat together, and the address as the location.

I'm not sure I agree with the advice you have been given, Q10 doesn't ask when you began a defacto relationship, it asks when you began a relationship, it's not until Q12 that you need to give the date you began a spouse relationship, which they define as living together to the exclusion of all others.

I would go with what we put, it worked for us and that is what the questions are asking for. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Guest willbourn

Thanks for your advice Welsh in Oz. That's what we thought. I'm a little annoyed as we've paid an agent for assistance and they're not really giving us much more info.

Well if you got your visa ok I'll think we'll put what we orginally thought.

Wondering if you can help with one more question...did you guys supply a Form 80 with your application?

Have also noticed you Front loaded your application?? Don't want to sound silly but does this mean you supplied your passport with the application at the start?

Appreciate your advice & hope you're enjoying the Australian lifestyle

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hi Wilbourn,

We are in the process of sending off our spouse application.........complicated stuff eh?!

We did include the form 80. It didn't say we had too, however reading though previous threads, some people have included it, some had been asked to complete it later on in the process, so we thought we would just send it in anyway....just in case.

As for front loading......that basically means, you send your police checks with the application and have your medicals done before sending the application off ( this is what we have done). It is meant to speed up the process apparently!

I will let you know, if it does.

Godd luck with your application :-)

hi wilborn

we front loaded and sent off form 80 and it was granted in 4 days - also if know supply a forwarding address for oz as this may have slowed down my application.

Guest willbourn

Thanks for all your advice

Will def send the Form 80 off as well as med & police checks as we've already had these done.

Are you both also in agreement about Q10 on 40SP? We think it's the time after we met that we became girlfriend/boyfriend, not the time till we moved in together. Julo what did you put as you've also received your visa.

Lastly, did you type out your joint statements or handwrite these? Do the joint statements have to be part of the same document or separate papers

Ta

Hi willbourn,

We typed up ours and signed, dated and had them witnessed at the bottom.

Go with what I said before on Q10.

We frontloaded police checks, but couldnt get a med appt in time so it was done a day or so after I posted the app. Didn't reaise I'd had the police checks done so early though, my intioal entry date is 24th April, and I posted the app off in June!!

Dont send off your passpoort, they will email you when they have made the decision and ask you to send it to them, you will need to put your file ref no on the envelope and address it to your case officer.

Good luck guys! :jiggy:

Archived