My God What A Turn Around

AnxiousMum

Hi All,

We have had 2 bits of good news today. First one is after Australian Migration Bureau told us yesterday we would not be able to get to Australia on any visa. I today spoken to a nice lady at Thinking Australia. She said we can get there on a Employer Sponsered Visa. And whats more as we are already going to OZ for looksy next March we could maybe get some intererviews in too (much to husbands disgust). This basically means we could actually be living in Oz by Xmas next year as apparently employers are crying out for people and it can take a matter of just 3 months to get visa of this sort!!!!

Has anyone else used Thinking Australia. What did you think?

Second good news is I passed my 2nd Teaching Assistant Exam today with flying colours. Go me.:yes:

OOOOOO! Well done you! Told you not to give up hope! Always get a 2nd and 3rd opinion!

And well done with passing the exam! You clever thing.

We met with Darryl from Thining Australia and although he's got plenty of front and I reckon could get on peoples nerves! we found him fine. As we were pathway d people we nearly signed up with them but decided in the end to get Dan's skills assessed for an Australian trade certificate. Loads of dough but I think the right decision for us.

But good for you. Did you decide not to go with the ptlabs guy? Is there no way you can still go for the permanent skilled visa with your hubby's experience?

Kate

OOOOOO! Well done you! Told you not to give up hope! Always get a 2nd and 3rd opinion!

And well done with passing the exam! You clever thing.

We met with Darryl from Thining Australia and although he's got plenty of front and I reckon could get on peoples nerves! we found him fine. As we were pathway d people we nearly signed up with them but decided in the end to get Dan's skills assessed for an Australian trade certificate. Loads of dough but I think the right decision for us.

But good for you. Did you decide not to go with the ptlabs guy? Is there no way you can still go for the permanent skilled visa with your hubby's experience?

Kate

Hi Kate,

No we just got the phone call tonight from Thinking Australia, I contacted them last night during my nightmare day.

They said because he doesnt have 8 years I.T. experience or the qualifications our best bet is the sponsered visa route. Have to admit havent even looked into this type of visa, had heart set on the independant skilled visa, so dont know too much about this one.!!!

Guest Shell

Hi

we are using Thinking Australia and they have been great. You can ring them at anytime and they will do their best to sort any problems.

Check your tourist visa to make sure you can go for interveiws while on holiday as I vaguely remember something about not actively looking for work on that visa.

Good luck and congrats on exam.

Shell xx

Guest TheHollies

Hi

We are using Thinking Australia and they have been brilliant so far. They answer emails/phone calls really quickly and have helped us with things where other agents have failed! They have a good success rate!

good luck with it all!!

Guest Eldridges

Hi Kate,

You have metioned the Australian Trade Certificate, how did your othr half get on with it? Do you feel with this route you don't need an agent?

Your honest opinion and help wouild be greatly appreciated. We have given up waiting for Pathway D and were about to look at alternative options, including using an agent and looking to AFQ III. (OH is a plasterer)

Thanks

Tina

Hi Kate,

You have metioned the Australian Trade Certificate, how did your othr half get on with it? Do you feel with this route you don't need an agent?

Your honest opinion and help wouild be greatly appreciated. We have given up waiting for Pathway D and were about to look at alternative options, including using an agent and looking to AFQ III. (OH is a plasterer)

Thanks

Tina

Hello Tina.

Whereabouts in Kent are you?

We are using a company called ACTS, website ACTS Australia | Welcome to Trade Train. They are brilliant guys. They know their stuff and don't feed you any false hope.

It is expensive so at the end of the day boils down to whether you can afford to use them. £3750. If you can then brilliant get signed up and forget Pathway d or the proposed changes due to come into effect in September.

Until September 1st it means you go through on Pathway E with an AQF3. What you submit to the ACTS guys you submit the same stuff to the TRA. They also have some kind of 'nod' from the TRA that they will accept their certificates so basically as far as I am concerned that's a pass. (OR MONEY BACK!) So yeah, I guess you don't need an agent. What you save on an agent therefore you are using to pay ACTS. Plus they have a very quick turnaround from when you sign up. Provided you get all your paperwork to them sharpish you could get your certificate within 4-6 weeks. There is always one of them in the UK too so they are great at coming to you pronto for an onsite assessment.

Am I babbling? I'll try and think if there's anything else importent.

Kate

Hi All,

We have had 2 bits of good news today. First one is after Australian Migration Bureau told us yesterday we would not be able to get to Australia on any visa. I today spoken to a nice lady at Thinking Australia. She said we can get there on a Employer Sponsered Visa. And whats more as we are already going to OZ for looksy next March we could maybe get some intererviews in too (much to husbands disgust). This basically means we could actually be living in Oz by Xmas next year as apparently employers are crying out for people and it can take a matter of just 3 months to get visa of this sort!!!!

Has anyone else used Thinking Australia. What did you think?

Second good news is I passed my 2nd Teaching Assistant Exam today with flying colours. Go me.:yes:

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but obtaining an employer sponsorship is far from easy. This said, I would not discount a look at Canberra if you are looking for employer sponsorship in the area of IT - much of Australia's Government is administered in the ACT, and I know there is a significant IT infrastructure requirement in the Territory.

If you are interested, consider contacting Julianne O'Brien in Canberra - contact details are at the foot of this webpage:

Business and Industry Development - ACT Skilled and Business Migration Strategy

Best regards.

Guest Eldridges

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for the information, looks like I best be making contact with these people!!! This may seem like a real dumb question, so I will apologize first, Where did you begin with doing the Visa Application yourself? Is it very difficult?,, Even though I ask dumb questions I am not the bad really!!!

We are in Walderslade by the way, just off the M2 Jct 3, Medway Towns, how about you?

Thanks Again Kate,

Tina xx

Hi Tina.

Until we get our aqf3 and pass the tra I have no idea if we will use an agent or not. I don't think we need to but might anyway just to take some pressure off. But I am sure after the skills assessment that it's the easier part.

If we don't use an agent I will basically get all my info from the immigration wesbite and also from the lovely bunch on this website! People apply all the time without an agent so it's possible.

We are in Hildenborough, so not that far away!

Kate

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but obtaining an employer sponsorship is far from easy. This said, I would not discount a look at Canberra if you are looking for employer sponsorship in the area of IT - much of Australia's Government is administered in the ACT, and I know there is a significant IT infrastructure requirement in the Territory.

If you are interested, consider contacting Julianne O'Brien in Canberra - contact details are at the foot of this webpage:

Business and Industry Development - ACT Skilled and Business Migration Strategy

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

We didnt really want Canberra, we have relatives in Melbourne. Problem is that visa seems to be our only option. Have to admit getting fed up now, husband has so much experience and is a hard worker, does that count for nothing. One agent said he would need at least 8 years experience in a trade to be accepted for independant skilled visa? Maybe he will have to go down the straightforward banking route instead. He still has no qualifications to his name but has worked in banking for over 20 years now.

Guest Eldridges

Hi Kate

Thanks again for the info, can I just ask, when your oh passes this course, does he still need to do Vetasses? or is it abit like a golden ticket??

Still trying to find the best way? What is it your oh profession?

Tina

Dan is a dryliner which is called a fibrous plasterer in Australia. Fibrous plasterers and a few other trades are not assessed by Vetassess but by another organisation called TRA (Trades Recognition Australia). Even though Dan will pass with ACTS (we hope) he still has to then send his references and the AQF3 certificate to the TRA for them to pass him under the government guidelines. Basically we haven't even started the visa application process yet! We are just obtaining the AQF3 certificate first so that we can pass the first part which is the skills assessment. With that we can then apply for a visa.

Does that make sense?

Kate

Archived