new to forum can anyone give us some advice please!

Guest adele and gary

Guest adele and gary

hi everyone

I am new to the forum,where do I start?Can anyone give me some advice please?We have been thinking of emigrating for some time.Can anyone let me know the best way to apply to emigrate, or whether we would be able to with the qualifications that we have got now.My husband is in the construction industry,with 24 years experience.He is a steel fixer with a nvq 2 in steel fixing, he also has a banksmans ticket and also a machine excavation ticket.Although he has not got a nvq in shuttering joinery, he has also got experience in this field aswell as concreting.Myself I am just finishing a nvq 2 in Teaching Assistant and hope to take a nvq 3 in this subject soon.Are nvqs recognised in Australia?Basically would we stand any chance in being able to emigrate?I would appreciate any advice please!Can anyone help!!!!!

Guest julie2g1b

hi there

welcome to pio we did it all ourselfs got all the info of immi site but has all changed now, your best bet is to ring up some agents they are free for 15/30mins so at least you know which visa to go on.

i have also done my TA nvq2 but they are called teaching aides over there have a look on seek.com as they have all the jobs on there

best of look will warn you this site is addictive

julie :wubclub:

Guest Mel.R

Hi and welcome to PIO.

I would recommend that you have a chat with a migration agent regarding the best route for you. The reputable agents will be willing to have an initial discussion for free. You will find loads of people on here that will recommend a good agent.

We are using Go Matida, and their MD regularly posts on here too. You can reach them at

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax, and Financial Planning for Australia

Good Luck

Mx

Guest adele and gary

Thank you for your replys I have had a look on the sites you gave me and found them very helpful, there was a quite alot of jobs for steel fixers throughout Australia,I was quite surprised actually.There was also jobs for teaching aides, a very useful site as I have no idea how to go about moving to oz, or even whether we could? Does Australia require any workers from the construction industry?

hi ya , good site to join, we used an agent called 1st contact, and we did an online assesment before doing anything and they rang us back with all the info we needed etc we did use them and have been very happy to date, its the oz end thats slow! you will get so much info from here though wish we had found it earlier! all the best.

Guest adele and gary

thanks for all the advice will check out the sites, many thanks! just wondering really if we stood any chance of being able to move to oz? If nvq are recognised as a qualification in oz?

Guest Gollywobbler
hi everyone

I am new to the forum,where do I start?Can anyone give me some advice please?We have been thinking of emigrating for some time.Can anyone let me know the best way to apply to emigrate, or whether we would be able to with the qualifications that we have got now.My husband is in the construction industry,with 24 years experience.He is a steel fixer with a nvq 2 in steel fixing, he also has a banksmans ticket and also a machine excavation ticket.Although he has not got a nvq in shuttering joinery, he has also got experience in this field aswell as concreting.Myself I am just finishing a nvq 2 in Teaching Assistant and hope to take a nvq 3 in this subject soon.Are nvqs recognised in Australia?Basically would we stand any chance in being able to emigrate?I would appreciate any advice please!Can anyone help!!!!!

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I’m not a migration agent, so I can’t tell you whether Gary’s qualifications and work experience would be sufficient for migration to Oz. The others are quite right in saying that your best bet is to consult a reputable Registered Migration Agent.

In the meantime, though, these links might help:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm#s

You need to see which of the categories Hubby might fit into.

With regard to skills assessments & NVQs, please see here:

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=456

Note that the above are only draft proposals. They might alter quite significantly before the final version is decided.

I think that with TRA being on the verge of what look like substantial changes to me (though I am guessing – I don’t really understand Alan Collett’s article) now is probably not a good time to try to tackle a TRA assessment without competent professional advice.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest adele and gary

Thank-you Gill I have found those sites useful.Just think there is a better life in oz for us all as a family.We have two children just want a better life for them really.So thought we would test the water abit first, a friend of mine left 2 weeks ago to live in Brisbane.She told me to try this site for useful information, she was not sure if our nvqs would be of any use,she said to try this site as someone might be able to help!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gallaghers

Hi addele and gary we are in a similar position i hear people with 360 tickets are going as ground workers /drains search the site for ground worker that helps

sean

Guest adele and gary

Thanks for the advice sean will check that out many thanks!!! I hear that the building trades are in high demand in oz, just hope that is the case.So is the 360 on the skills in demand list????

Guest adele and gary

Great so maybe oh could try that route if that is on the skills in demand list? Have you tried an agent yet? We have not yet, just testing the water but that is really good news if that is on the skills in demand list!!!We have looked on job sites and there was alot of jobs in the building trade, seek.com is the site if you would like to look at the jobs.There was jobs advertised for 360 drivers, throughout oz.Let us know how you get on!!!Any more advice would be appreciated.

Guest Angie*mark

Hi, we just at the beginning of starting the whole move to australia too and had lots of questions this site is amazing and people very friendly, i too asked about nvq's, dont know for sure but was told that they dont really count for anything in australia. Im with he Visa Bureau and found them very reasonable and helpful. Good luck with it all.

Ang

Archived