Going from Prospective Marriage Visa to Spouse Visa

Guest Nina82

Guest Nina82

Hi guys,

I had my prospective marriage visa granted a couple of weeks ago (it only took 4 days for those who are going down this route – with meds and police check front loaded) and I have a few questions about the next stage i.e the spouse visa, applying onshore in Melbourne.

- My meds and police check will still be valid when I apply for spouse so will I need to do these gain? If not, how can I send the original police certificate if it has already been sent to Australia House in the UK and simlarily my meds?!

- Although I will only have been in Oz for 5 months when I apply will I need an Oz police check?

- When I apply for the spouse visa my surname will have changed so will be different to that on my passport which has my visa in now. Should I apply for a new passport first or can I apply with my old passport and then have the visa label transferred at a later date?!

There doesn’t seem to be much info on going from prospective marriage to spouse!!

Thanks

Nina

xx

Guest Nina82

I will be applying in feb 09 and my meds and police check were done in april 08 so they will still be valid but i don't understand how I can send proff of this in oz if iv'e alraedy sent them to oz house in the uk?! :unsure:

Hi Nina,

I don't think that you would have to apply for a aussie police check (i know this has to be done going from a temp spouse visa to pr) but i did not have to have one when i applied for my spouse visa onshore.

I think that you will have to apply in your married name & that there maybe a place to put your surname before & also that you been granted a prospective marriage visa, i am sure these would be linked somehow.

You would im sure have to provide copy of your marriage certificate and im not sure what is the way to go regarding your passport change.

Have alook at this link (section 5) and also i think you should seek advice from a migrant agent unless there is someone else who has been in this exact situation on this site.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

All the best

stuju

Archived