Capital Investement Bond

Guest montymon

Guest montymon

I'm new to this forum, greetings all, and I was hoping to find some kindred who may be affected by the removal of the Capital Bond Investment in Nov of last year. There is a petition that has been set up and needs loads of signatures. Direct contact with DIAC and Snt. Evans office has provided very little, and attempts to contact the press are being ignored. Please add your name to this. At least 4000 of us are in limbo with no sight of our visas being granted.

Petition is at:

Permanent Resident Visa- Investment Bond withdrawn. Innocents left in Limbo! - Online Petition

Thanks, and could you spread the word to all you know about this

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Montymon

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have not seen anything about this issue on Poms in Oz for some time now, though I think that is because most of the people affected have found the big thread about it on BE and have joined BE.

There are rumblings on Poms in Perth but I don't know whether the people discussing the question on there are involved with the BE thread as well.

I have read the petition and I agree with every word of it, plus I heartily sympathise.

Do you want the petition to be signed only by people who are directly affected, or can sympathisers like me sign it as well, please?

If the latter, you might want to consider having 2 lists? One for those directly affected and a second one for your supporters like me?

I'll wait to hear from you about this, if I may, before I do anything further. I have not signed it as yet but will gladly do so if you wish, depending on how your group wants to do this.

Best wishes

Gill

Gill

Guest montymon

Thanks for the welcome.

As the petition has been set up it is numbers of signatories that we require. those of us involved have already made several representations to DIAC with no real useful response, the press seem quite disinterested also, so if there is anything that the members of PomsInOz can do to add to the signature count it would be gratefully appreciated. Would it be poss to make this a sticky link??

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Monty

Thanks for your information.

I have now signed the petition but apparently I am only the 169th person to have signed it. Is the petition very new?

To judge from the lack of response to this thread, I really do suspect that the Poms in Oz members who are affected by it have joined the BE group who are trying to get something done about it.

I don't think that making this thread sticky on Poms in Oz ould make any difference. We are less fussy than BE about allowing people to bump threads back up to the top. I would suggest that you and I bump the thread back up for a while and see whether more support is forthcoming over the next couple of weeks.

There was a query about this on our sister forum Poms in Adelaide this morning so I have posted the link to this thread on there.

I have also sent you a PM which might be of interest.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Montyman & Gill

I have signed the petition too (number 175) as this affects my sis and her family as they are 5 points short for a 176 visa. Fortunately for her she has a few other options (475 and NT state sponsored) but would have prefered the 176 visa.

Lets hope they do something about it soon. I think its awful the way they have just taken it away when people are so far through the process.

Good Luck

Sam x

Guest montymon

Thanks Sam, every signature helps. Petition went up on the 1st, but I am a bit suprised by how slowly things are moving. I can pick out at least 30 people I know on the list, think we will re-focus people after holiday weekend.

If you belong to Facebook/Bebo etc please get all yr friends steered in the direction of the petition and hopefully we can start to mushroom it from there. would hate to accept that like DIAC, no one really cares that much about us!!

Steve

Dear Steve,

We are affected and just signed. Just had a CO assigned on the 15th of April who requested meds/etc. Lulled into false sense of security that they wouldn't do that unless this was close to being resolved.

Liz

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

For those of you who are not aware of the problem, with some visa applications lodged before 1st September 2007 it was possible to invest £100,000 in one of the Australian State Treasuries for a year in order to get an extra 5 points. For some people, these bonus points represent the only way into Oz.

There was then a scam involving an Australian Bank and this scheme, known as the Capital Investment Scheme. By Monday 3rd December 2007 all of the State Treasuries had pulled out of the scheme, presumably because the scam had given the scheme a bad name.

The result is that a LOT of people who were relying on the extra 5 points have been left high & dry and 6 months later they have heard exactly nothing about any plans for rescuing them from their predicament.

It is estimated that about 4,000 visa applicants world wide have been caught out, thorugh no fault at all of their own.

I invite everybody to show the affected applicants some support by signing the petition, for which the link is provided in the first post on this thread.

Very many thanks

Gill

Archived