Medical costs

Guest dunkflash

Guest dunkflash

Can anyone let me know of the best value Drs/medical centre in the south of England or London area. They all seem to charge what they like, the sum of $300 (Aus) is the price for the exams in oz.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dunkflash

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I don't know whether Dr Goodall in Southampton is particularly cheap - his nearest competition is about 40 miles away - but he is an Australian, a really nice guy and we thought the price was very reasonable when he did my mother's visa meds about 18 months ago. Then I think it was just over £60 for the x-rays (but excellent service from the BUPA hozzy in Southampton.) Dr Goodall was £140 and he was worth every penny.

When I was chaecking it out I also rang Dr Mallam in Chichester, thinking that would make a nice day out for my elderly Mum. They were dearer than Dr Goodall and they expected us to wait over a month for an appointment whereas Dr Goodall was able to see us at short notice as soon as we wanted to see him.

I've heard that the panel doctors in Dover are very good and surprisingly reasonably-priced.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Silol
Can anyone let me know of the best value Drs/medical centre in the south of England or London area. They all seem to charge what they like, the sum of $300 (Aus) is the price for the exams in oz.

We are a little South of London and rang around all the ones in or near enough to our area from the Panel Doctors list (Kingston, Horley, Hookwood and Thornton Heath) and were amazed at the difference in prices (a small difference made a large difference for our family of 6!). Bridgstock Medical Centre in Thornton Heath ended up the cheapest by a couple of hundred pounds, but were Cash only. Booked within 2 days and pleasant service. X-rays around the corner on the same day. Highest quote including X-rays for 3 ppl, Medicals for 6, and postage x 6 (all of them refused to quote to send together!), was £923:shocked: and Thornton Heath were £682. A shocker, I know.

All the best...

Guest mary030

Hi There

Where can I obtain a "Panel Doctors List" from to arrange medicals to be done on OH. We are not going through an agent, are doing it independantly.

Thanks

Mary

Guest Silol

Hi Mary

We're also going without agents. Before we found PomsInOz, we got all our info from the main auz govt visa website - here's the section on Panel Doctors:

Panel Doctors

All the best

Guest Silol
Hi There

Where can I obtain a "Panel Doctors List" from to arrange medicals to be done on OH. We are not going through an agent, are doing it independantly.

Thanks

Mary

Hopefully I have my facts straight here (research based on our Skilled Independent Visa submitted Aug 07). Although you will all be going based on OH occupation, you will all need medicals (including any children of his regardless of whether they are immigrating or not). Those over 11 need chest X-rays too. Don't book meds until requested as they are valid for 1 year only. Once visas are granted, you will all have to initiate your entry within 1 year of your Police Clearances or Medicals, whichever was done earliest.

Guest Les & Woz

Hi

We went to Harley Street, we thought it was reasonable. PM me for details if you are interested. It was cheaper than Dover and Essex.

Les

Archived