Medical costs....

welsh in oz

Hi, just phoned to book my meds and in Leeds they're £235.....

Does anyone know if the price varies much if I ''shop around'' so to speak? I'd want to stay in the Yorkshire area so anyone who's around this way that knows anywhere cheaper please let me know!

The £235 includes xrays and postage by the way...

Thanks

Naomi xx

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi Naomi

I dont think they will vary that much and as its only 1 person having them done I dont know that its worth spending too much time ringing around (unless somebody from your area can advise different). If its 4 or 5 having the meds then you want to get the best price and it may even be worth travelling a bit.

OH's was a bit less than yours but of course we are miles away!

Hope all goes smoothly :yes:

Ness

Guest windsor

That sounds right.

My husbands x-ray was £70 (let them know you are having a medical too because they will charge you more)

Medical was £160

Son who is 2 - Medical £65

Guest gemmahey

Mine cost £125 med

£90 X ray

£48 H.I.V

I think the med goes straight an the doc pocket aswell not bad for 2 mins work!

Hi, we had ours done in Manchester. Can't remember the cost, but I did ring around, including Leeds I think, and Huddersfield came out the cheapest. We couldn't go as we needed them a.s.a.p and they couldn't fit us in, but they were very helpful on the phone.

Good luck,

Jo x

Guest Paul n Ness

Think you all need to move to our neck of the woods! We obviously did really well - £187 for everything - xray, meds & bloods!

Guest heieup

depends where you are I think. I rang Hull, York, Harrogate, Sheffield and Leeds and Leeds were the cheapest by far. Others seemed cheaper until they added the other costs on e..g £125 plus £70 for xrays oh and £45 for blood tests, and £30 to post it !!!!

Leeds were really good as well, doctor was very thorough and very nice.

Guest jogrant3232

Hi Naomi

There was a thread on here not so long ago saying that Huddersfield was one of the cheaper ones but cant remember how much they were...

Guest dave&donna

We had ours at Huddersfield and the costs were -

xray - £56

child medical - £55 + vat

adult medical - £85 + vat

postage £18 + vat

blood test for hiv would have been £15

those are each of course.

We were lucky and got an appointment for the next week when we rang. You have to have your xrays in the hospital next door to the doctors but they would try to do both on the same day and are very helpful - Lauren is the girl who deals with visa medicals.

Good luck

Donna x

Archived