contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

Guest smiley grandma

Just to let you all know that the processing of visas is really still going on. My son and his wife informed us today that we have been issued with a case officer. We applied June 2007. They are acting as our agent in aus so all info goes to them first.thumbsup.gif

There is light at the end of the tunnel :jiggy:

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Smiley Grandma

Great news!!! :jiggy:

Thanks very much for letting us know because it really does help the people following on behind you. It all helps to prove to them that there IS progress and not to lose heart or to stop believing that their visas WILL be granted sooner or later.

Please could you let us know as and when you have any more news? It would be a great help if you could.

Have you done your meds and police checks yet or are you going to start arranging both now, please?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Scala

Thanks very much for this information. It really does help to give those of us following this issue a clear "mental map" of how the whole thing is working in practice.

Many thanks again.

Gill

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi all

Keep this news coming please - I love hearing about it !

My parents applied in July 2007 so it won't be too long for them now hopefully before they'll receive a CO.

We're off 20 April so the sooner they are processed the better for us - it's going to be really hard without them there. :sad:

Thanks for all your updates - Gill is right - it does give us hope.

Sunsh1ne

Guest smiley grandma

we had meds and penal search done in Jan 08. we have found it easier to have my son and his wife deal with everything then they can ring for updates etc straight to Perth. All we had to do was fill a form on the website belowhad to print it so that we could scan it then e-mail to my son then he filled in his part then it was faxed to address at popc http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956.pdf

kind regards

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hiya,

My mum applied for her CPV end Feb 08 (orig told no problems so held off on applying as thought hers would be through before our 175 - BIG MISTAKE!!!!). Anyway she was getting really depressed but the news is reassuring. She had a letter from her agent this morning saying received acknowledgement from Perth but will be a while before CO allocated as currently dealing with May 07 applications.

If our visa comes through and we go, anyone know of a way of mum coming too? I know there aren't any bridging visas for CPV. If she goes on 1 year visitors visa and CPV still not issued can she come out and reapply does anyone know? My sister is Aus Citizen so can 'sponser' her on visitor visa. Any info to reassure us it will all work out greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

Guest Gollywobbler
Hiya,

My mum applied for her CPV end Feb 08 (orig told no problems so held off on applying as thought hers would be through before our 175 - BIG MISTAKE!!!!). Anyway she was getting really depressed but the news is reassuring. She had a letter from her agent this morning saying received acknowledgement from Perth but will be a while before CO allocated as currently dealing with May 07 applications.

If our visa comes through and we go, anyone know of a way of mum coming too? I know there aren't any bridging visas for CPV. If she goes on 1 year visitors visa and CPV still not issued can she come out and reapply does anyone know? My sister is Aus Citizen so can 'sponser' her on visitor visa. Any info to reassure us it will all work out greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

Hello Sarah

Your Mum can go with you to Oz, travelling on a tourist visa that will give her a stay of 12 unbroken months in Oz if you ask for that.

When her CPV is ready to be granted Mum will just need to nip to Auckland, Fiji, Singapore or Bali for a week - wherever is closest - so that her CPV can be granted whilst she is outside Australia. The visa label can be put in to her passport in any of the places I have mentioned (there is in-person counter service in all of them.) Then she can go straight back to Oz using her new CP visa.

If CPV processing becomes protracted meaning that one 12 month tourist visa is't enough, a quick nip to any of the places above will get Mum another tourist visa for another 12 months on the spot.

Please see here:

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)

If your Mum is 70 or over, she will need to get her own GP (not a Panel Doctor) to complete a simple form of Medical Certificate, which is here:

dima_health - Australian High Commission

Note that the website says that tourists of 70 or over must have medical insurance for a long-stay visit to Oz. This does not apply to British tourists. The reason is because there is a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement between theUK and Oz, which counts as medical insurance for the purpose of a turist visa. Please see here:

Visitors to Australia - Medicare Australia

When your Mum reaches Oz, if she takes her passport to Medicare they will give her a temporary Medicare card.

Your Mum's meds for her main visa can be done in Australia. Health Services Australia do them and I have heard that it is cheaper than getting them done in the UK.

To make the application for the tourist visa, personally I would do it by paper & post, using Form 48 and paying $75.00 (the current fee though that will increase a bit on 1st July 2008.) Send the form, her passport, the medical cerificate if needed and all the other stuff in the checklist to the Australian High Commission in London, with a covering letter explaining about the CPV application.

Ask for 12 unbroken months in Oz and it will be granted automatically because there is a special concession for people who have applied for Parent or Contributory Parent visas, so that they can all-but move to Oz during the wait if they want to.

Do not interfere with the CPV application. Just leave that running in the background. That will just rumble on till the POPC is ready to grant it (the Perth Offshore Parents Centre, where your Mum's CPV application is being processed.) Tthe method which I am describing is the proper way to "bridge" the wait for a CP visa.

Our member June Coates is in Oz at the moment using this arrangement. SAVTA did it before June (and SAVTA needed to get a second 12 month tourist visa , so she & her hubby made two trips to Auckland in the end, one for the second tourist visa and the other for their CPV.) My mother did it before June & SAVTA and LOADS of British CPV applicants have either done this or are doing it currently.

It is no sweat at all though I do think it is easier just to pay a bit extra for a paper application so that the whole thing will be dealt with by a human in London. Just send a copy of the CPV acknowledgement letter with the tourist visa application. They are quick about the processing. Your Mum should get her passport back within 2 weeks and you can then book her flight.

Meanwhile, SAVTA's threads might amuse you. Please see here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/arrival-chat/17232-arrived-mid-august-loving-every-minute.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/25677-we-were-tram-melbourne.html

Best wishes

Gill

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi Gollywobbler

You do not realise what a weight that is off all our minds. It is the first smile I have seen on mum's face since we started reading about all the delays. We were really at our wits end knowing what to do. I sort of knew about the 12 months extended visa but didn't know what happened if it took longer than that and also how long you had to be out of the country to renew it. Oh well, must get on - we can now continue with the planning - what's next? oh yes, what to take and what to leave!!!

Thanks again

Sarah

Guest june coates

hi sarah,just to let you know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.i came over here early dec.07 on 12 mth visa.i have a case officer,meds and pcs.cleared.i would have most probably had my visa by now if the 3,500 quota for the year had not been reached.i am waiting patiently for july 1st in the hope that i will be one of the first to be allocated.i applied in april 07.i am so happy to be with my family and am moving into my own little place next weekend.it is so much easier waiting here instead of in the cold uk.good luck on your visa journey.pio has been so helpful to me over the last year.

june

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Claire

I'm beginning to see posts on different forums with people saying that either they or their Parents lodged CPV applications in June 2007 and have just heard from COs.

It is all starting to happen for the June 2007 applicants, definitely.

Has your Mum had her meds done and done the police checks? I would NOT rush too much if she hasn't, because there are a little over 1,000 applicants already waiting for July 1st and they are not going to be able to deal with all of them on Day One.

Priority will be given to the CPV applicants who have lodged Assurance of Support Bonds and have completed the AoS stage, apparently.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest claire&fred

Hi Gill

No she has not done medicals or police checks yet. She has already put a lump sum down would that be the AoS?

She is in Perth at the moment and just added another week on to her holiday so not back here till 7th April. She has had nothing in her post yet.

Thanks

Claire

Guest Gollywobbler
hi sarah,just to let you know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.i came over here early dec.07 on 12 mth visa.i have a case officer,meds and pcs.cleared.i would have most probably had my visa by now if the 3,500 quota for the year had not been reached.i am waiting patiently for july 1st in the hope that i will be one of the first to be allocated.i applied in april 07.i am so happy to be with my family and am moving into my own little place next weekend.it is so much easier waiting here instead of in the cold uk.good luck on your visa journey.pio has been so helpful to me over the last year.

june

Hi June

Are you on the CP 173? That is, you won't need an AoS at this stage?

If so, the latest news seems to be that they are likely to start asking for the 2nd Instalments from around the beginning of June onwards.

Not too long to wait now, and you should find that you will not need to get a second subclass 676 visa.

I'm delighted to hear about your new home. I think it all helps with the process of becoming settled in Oz in your own right.

You may not be old enough for a Seniors Card for a while yet, but you may as well suss it out in the meantime. Yu might need to wait till you have PR (it looks like) but there could WELL be a concession for CP173 visa holders if you squeeze them on it because CP173 holders are in a unique position status-wise. All other groups are either Temp or Perm. Only the CP 173s are on an official 'stepping stone' for want of a better expression.

Welcome to Seniors Card

The Seniors Card is nothing to do with the Bond etc - it is a genuinely free perk for anyone who is old enough (and you will be one day, even if not yet!)

i am so happy to be with my family and am moving into my own little place next weekend.it is so much easier waiting here instead of in the cold uk.

I absolutely could not agree with you more. How's your arm now? Have you finished the physio?

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Claire

She has already put a lump sum down would that be the AoS?

Mmmm. I've never heard of them asking for the AoS before they are sure that the meds are OK. ?????

Does your sibling in Perth have better info about this? Mums can get a bit garbled at times when the children are steering the application and Mother is really not sure about the various details and intricacies of the whole thing.

I'd ask your sibling if I were you.

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest Marilyn

I can confirm what Gill has said. My application was lodged on 30 March 2007, meds and police check done end November, clearance confirmed 21 February 2008 (there was a delay as the doctor doing the medical insisted I didn't need a blood test for a 173 temp visa - I did). On 11 March CO said she would request second payment in July or August and then immediately issue the visa.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Guest claire&fred
Hi Claire

Mmmm. I've never heard of them asking for the AoS before they are sure that the meds are OK. ?????

Does your sibling in Perth have better info about this? Mums can get a bit garbled at times when the children are steering the application and Mother is really not sure about the various details and intricacies of the whole thing.

I'd ask your sibling if I were you.

Hugz

Gill

xx

Hi Gill

Yes, I expect I got it wrong. If anyone has the right info it will be our Agent. She is currently in Perth at the moment I have spoken to my sister today and told her to contact her to find out what is going on. Specially considering my mum is there too. I am sure mum has put some money down but not sure what that is for, maybe it is just for Visa?

Claire

Hi,

We are CPv applicants...we go for meds next Tusday and who knows after that.

For your mum ..if you have the timeline to do it - there is a 3,6,9 or12 month visa option.

The 12 months carries a "No further stay" stamp..which means if you got it wrong mum has to leave Oz for a while or at least till the visa comes through. Its a while since I looked but I think its visa 696 and if I am wrong I am sure the lovely, knowledgable and really helpful Gollywobbler..will have much more up-to-date info on that than I have.

Its just a thought but there are a few Contributory Parent visa threads on this forum... it would be nice to make this thread the main "meeting place" where we can all keep in touch with fellow applicants and the latest visa situation as it arises.

If it helps in any way - we are in Manchester.

L.L.

Guest SEFFnSARAH

Hi June

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think mum has decided that when ours starts moving she will do it. When our agent wrote to confirm that Perth had received her application they 'reminded her' not to do anything 'irreversible' like selling the house or booking air tickets, but thanks to info from people on here, I think she may be thinking of following your lead and going for it. I have to admit that finding this site has been one of the best things I have done and I agree with something I read on another thread - it is addictive. I only come on to check a few things and I am still sat reading ours later. Thanks everyone.

Sarah

Guest Where'sTheWind
Just to let you all know that the processing of visas is really still going on. My son and his wife informed us today that we have been issued with a case officer. We applied June 2007. They are acting as our agent in aus so all info goes to them first.thumbsup.gif

There is light at the end of the tunnel :jiggy:

Congratulations Smiley Grandma! Not too long for you now hopefully

Can I just ask you a quick question? I noticed from Austimeline that you have frontloaded your meds and police checks. My folks have done the same, but are about 4 or 5 weeks behind you by the looks of it.

I was just wondering what the communication from your CO said? Given that you've met the meds and pcc criteria, did it ask you for anything else, or did it give any indication that you're now "locked into" the queue for visas being issued in the July from the 2008/09 quota?

It would be nice to know that once you get a co, having done the meds etc, that there would be some certainty that you're pencilled in for July (assuming the quota numbers don't get reduced for 08/09 !! - :huh:)

Cheers

WTW

Guest june coates

hi gill,

my arm is good,thanks.still having hand therapy.spoke to case officer today.she cant tell me for sure if i will get my visa among the first batch to go out in july.she says that they are still waiting for some kind of staatement from the government re cpv.says she doesnt know how many parents are ahead of me.it would be nice to know just how many on this forum have applied beforer april 07 thanks for the info on seniors card,etc i should get one as soon as my visa is validated as i am nearly 63.

cheers gill,take care

june

Guest cazbeckham

Hi June

We applied in Feb 07 and have so far had meds and police checks cleared by December and also our AOS was paid in December 07. We was just about to be asked for 2nd Vac when they put the stop on it literally the day before.

We are now having to wait till July and hopefully be one of the first in the queue, then we can put our house up for sale.

Just hope we get an extension to validate as it wasn't our fault a stop was put on these so it would only seem fair that we get a three month extension or even 6 months, considering we were asked to do meds etc when they had run out, plus paying our AOS bond.

No one recommends selling ones house till they get the visa and that is what we are waiting for so if house goes on market in July we will be crossing everything in the hope it sells quick.

Good luck

Caz

Guest smiley grandma

Our son and his wife in oz, have been informed by our case officer that everything has been cleared and is ok now we have to fill in form 80 asap and e-mail it to her. It is a character assessment This gets checked then it is a matter of waiting. :jiggy:Great news. Things really seem to be moving although there will be no visas issued before July as we all know.

Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz

this is your son in aus... stop talkin and start filling out form 80, miss you heaps.

Archived