Dental care in Oz.

Guest woodview

Guest woodview

Hi Guys not sure if this is the right section. I would like to know how to go about getting care when we move to Brissy in May. Do we have to find a dentist then pay private or is it best to get dental insurance cover?

If we get a medical insurance cover plan does that cover dentists as well? Any info would be good thanks.

Matt.

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi,

We are going to sign up with Medibank for health insurance and this covers 6 monthly checkups for all of us and scale and polish. Now sure how much it is if you're not covered, but don't think kids are free here.

Liz

It's flippin' expensive! I paid $250 for a check up, clean and polish and a couple of x-rays. Will also be looking into health insurance! Kids are seen free for check ups at school I've been told; this doesn't cover things like braces though :no:.

Jo x

There are lots of private health insurance companies and they all offer slightly different things. You can check out which insurance cover is best for you at Iselect Just to give you a clue - we have top private health cover with HCF plus extras and it costs us about $240 a month and that is with entry level premiums so it isnt a cheap option. You could alternatively decide to put that amount of money into a dedicated account yourself and then pay the bills when they come due. However being a bit of a belt and braces person I do keep paying through the nose for insurance that I hope I never need!

Archived