parental visas

Guest bigjez

hi all sorry for bad spelling but can anyone shed any light on costs on parental visas my brother in law is in nsw and my brother is in adelade both my parents and jo's parents could possibly want to move out in the future when we are all settled now i belive its 15000 pounds each but when my brother was having his training in the police in sa someone from emigration came in and they said its 15000 per visa now does that include mum and dad and could that be just in sa he said they were keen for parents to come over so to keep the workers there also my dad has a lot of tablets for blood pres etc and need them all his life to control it and my mum isnt on medication but is borderline diabetic would this be a problem if they can support themselves thanks for any info jez

Guest JoanneHattersley

Talk to Gill (Gollywobbler) - she has all the information that you will need on parent visas!

Are you there Gill??

Guest Gollywobbler
hi all sorry for bad spelling but can anyone shed any light on costs on parental visas my brother in law is in nsw and my brother is in adelade both my parents and jo's parents could possibly want to move out in the future when we are all settled now i belive its 15000 pounds each but when my brother was having his training in the police in sa someone from emigration came in and they said its 15000 per visa now does that include mum and dad and could that be just in sa he said they were keen for parents to come over so to keep the workers there also my dad has a lot of tablets for blood pres etc and need them all his life to control it and my mum isnt on medication but is borderline diabetic would this be a problem if they can support themselves thanks for any info jez

Hi Jez

You are describing a Contributory Parent Visa. Please see the following links:

Family - Visas & Immigration

Parent Migration Booklet

If your Parents are able to submit an application so that it reaches the POPC (Perth Offshore Parents Centre) by no later than 30th June 2008, the costs would be as follows:

1st Instalment (covering both Parents) : $1,390

2nd Instalment (payment of this is the final step before the visa is granted) $31,555 per parent, not per couple,

So I make that $64,500 for 2 CP visas.

In addition, a Bond of $14,000 for a couple must be lodged, as surety against the Parents failling on hard times and needing to claim certain Socialk Security Benenfits. The Bond is held for 10 years and is then refunded in full provided that none of the relevant Benefitrs have been claimed during that time.

Your Parents' ailments do not sound as if they will cause any problems at all, so don't worry about that.

If it is possible to get their application submitted before 30 June 2008 then so much the better because the fees will rise on 1 July 2008. Last year the fees for the actual visa rose by about 7.5%, though there was nno alteration in hte amount of the Bond

I would suggest that you read the DIAC bumph first and then come back to me if youu have more questions.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Scardycat
Talk to Gill (Gollywobbler) - she has all the information that you will need on parent visas!

Are you there Gill??

Gill is always there!!! with her light at the end of the dark tunnel, what would we do without her.

Here's to you Gill you never fail us:yes:

Regards Cat:spinny:

Archived