news on pathway D

Guest dudefish

Guest dudefish

hi there and this may be of dome intrest as i got my mother to ask about this with her local mp and this is the email i got back and i am 45 in may so getting a bit stressed out about it's return as my agent thinks this is the best or only pathway way for even when i have 2 city and guilds taken full time over 2 years and over 14 years as a chef

Hi Graham

Pathway D relates to the assessment process of your skills - as you are probably aware in order to apply for the Skilled Migration Visa you need to have a skill assessment As pathway D assessed skills based on previous work experience and on the job training. - If you do not have any formal training in Chef work or did not complete an apprenticeship then this was your best option in order to apply via Skilled Migration Scheme the other issue about this option is being under 45

TRA have informed me that Pathway D is unavailable the reasons I was given were its trial period has concluded and an evaluation of the option is currently being conducted and a review of Pathways relating to the Skilled Migration Visa is to be released in the first quarter of 2008. No date available

This will give you very little time. TRA will notify us when this information is released and I will let you know as soon as we are informed about Pathway D

Guest Gardiner Gang

HI, we are in the same position as you, my oh has done 2 years city & guilds course and has 18 years experience. It seems a little unfair that even though he has quals can,t get passed by tra till pathway d brought back. It is soo frustrating waiting and not knowing. I hope they do not wait till July to make a decision. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

We will just have to wait patiently.

Pauline

We at Go Matilda are presently looking at Skill Pathway E strategies. This is likely to involve the skilled tradesperson travelling to Australia and attending a workplace assessment of their competencies. If successful an AQF Level III certficate would be granted, which in turn could allow a positive TRA assessment to be obtained, subject to other evidence of trade skill work experience.

Expect an article on Go Matilda News in the next fortnight on the subject. Those who want to register for details should feel able to send me an email with Subject Line: Skill Pathway E Information.

Best regards.

Archived