How long is TRA Assessment Valid For?

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

I've had a PM from a Member who sounds like he would have no difficulty with his TRA assessment. However, he is still young so there is no screaming urgency to move to Oz and they want to save as much money as they can beforehand.

I'm wondering whether it would be worth his while to do the TRA asessment fairly soon, but that will depend on how long a positive assessment is valid for.

I believe it is valid for either 12 or 24 months but I am not sure which it is and I am not sure how to find out.

I would be very grateful if somebody could spare a minute to let me know about this.

Many thanks

Gill

Guest billy braveheart

as far as im aware gill there is no time limit on the TRA

but im sure alan or one of the agents will let you know for defo

billy

Yes, no expiry on the validity of a TRA. If they change the assessing body for that trade in the future, TRA's applied for before that change came in would still be valid after, assuming they make transtitional regulations like they did when recently changing some trades for some Countries to VETASSESS.

Regards

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Billy & Tony

Thanks very much for your help.

The member concerned is a fully-qualified plasterer with many years of unbroken experience and I gather he does "solid plastering" which is currently on the MODL. He is comfortably under 45, but the way I hear it, it can take ages to get the TRA information together.

It might be a case of doing enough saving in the short term to secure a visa and get it validated and then saving again afterwards ready for the eventual permanent move.

Billy - if somebody has all the skills (which I'm sure this person has) is it worth trying for sponsorship so as to have job-security on arrival? I suspect that would be the only reason to need to do the 457/856 route but it could be that a good plasterer could simply walk on to a site in Perth and probably be hired anyway?

I am WELL aware that you have warned me before that the operative word is "good" because it will be all over by smoke-oh in any other event and that the plastering equivalent of yourself would be able to judge on-the-job competence very quickly indeed.

Thanks again, guys.

Gill

Guest billy braveheart

personallly gill if i had the choice , i would much preferred to come on a permanent visa from the off

as he has time on his hands i would urge him to go down the skilled visa route,if he is qualified (papers etc) then he will walk into a job here and there is a lot of work for plasterers,we have a plastering division and they are earning good money but the guy on the 457 isnt earning as much as the guy whos self employed with them if you know what i mean

If you get the head down and start the information gathering it doesnt take that long,i slogged for 2 to 3 weeks getting mine together constantly annoying former employers for references even went to ones house at 10pm to pick it up to save him sending it,i would honestly not go down the 457 route given the opportunity

best of luck to him

billy

ps i will pm you

Archived