Flight Concessions

Guest ljr1772

Guest ljr1772

Hi to all ,

I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on flight concessions to Australia and which airlines have signed up to it?

I was given a web address (IOM) or can you contact the airlines direct.

Any information would be much appreciated

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I contacted IOM when my mother's Contributory Parent visas was granted and we needed to book her flight to Perth.

IOM told me that the only airline they have a deal with for one-way flights to Oz is Qantas.

The Qantas price that IOM offered me for a one-way Economy class seat from Heathrow to Perth was about £40 less than the Singapore Airlines website was offering for the same journey. It is sometimes possible to undercut the airline's own price by booking via an agency, so I could probably have saved the extra £40 if I had tried a bit harder.

However, a lady who used to contribute to PiO found IOM to be brilliant at the moment when she happened to book. They were flying to Sydney and IOM's price for a family of 5 with Qantas saved them nearly £1,000 apparently.

A LOT depends on the time of year. The airlines cream in the money on flights to Oz once Christmas is close. They ALL hike the prices around Christmas. Nearly all airlines hike their prices on Saturday flights (which tend to be full) and so on.

Cheers

Gill

Archived