Subclass 475 Visa - South Australia

Guest 79gin79

Guest 79gin79

Hi,

I have posted a thread some time ago regarding a class 176 visa, unfortunatly i fall short of this visa by 5 points.

With some research I am on South Australia's Occupations in demand list! Looking through the barrage of information and websites on the matter I really cant work out what to do?

Do i apply through Department of Immigration and Citizenship - With a £2000 ish fee? or

Do i apply through Immigration SA :: Sponsoring Skilled and Business Migrants the South Australian Government website?

Is the cost the same with both?

I have already passes my skills assessment - outcome positive. 3121-13 Architectural Associate.

Also i am unsure of the process?

What do i have to do?

Do i have to find a job?

How do i find a job without being in Australia?

If my visa is granted what timescale have i got to move to Australia?

How long is my visa valid for when issued?

Sorry for so many questions, hope someone can help, i am very confused.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I only know about the 457, this is a company sponsorship visa, you must find a job and the company sponsor you for up to 4 years. You are tied to that company and if you loose your sponsorship you have 28days to find another or leave the country.

You are not entitled to claim any benefits (ie family assistance) and in NSW have to pay schoool fees for any children. Once you find a sponsor then it takes approx 10 weeks from applying to visa grant (sometimes less)

We are here on a 457 as we had no other way of gaining entry, PM me if I can help any further.

Em x

Hi Matt,

I only know about the 457, this is a company sponsorship visa, you must find a job and the company sponsor you for up to 4 years. You are tied to that company and if you loose your sponsorship you have 28days to find another or leave the country.

You are not entitled to claim any benefits (ie family assistance) and in NSW have to pay schoool fees for any children. Once you find a sponsor then it takes approx 10 weeks from applying to visa grant (sometimes less)

We are here on a 457 as we had no other way of gaining entry, PM me if I can help any further.

Em x

EM,

Interestin reading your reply - my oh and I are just pondering on the visas and which route to go on. We were hoping to go on the 457 as its a quicker way of getting in and also gives us time to decided if its truely what we want to do and save for the perm res. My OH is a sparky so we could go the skilled visa route as his score is very high.

If on 457 when you say not claim benefits do you mean equivilent to Child benefit in Uk? we are looking into QLD or Vic - are school fee's payable here and if so how much my son will be strating school by the time we get there so something for us to consider.

Also any advice or info you have on what to do to start with is much appreciated - this info off PIO is really great as we went to an expo and have had contradicting advice.

K Regards

Guest 79gin79

Em,

Thanks for the reply, just out of interest, what sort of job do you do in Austraila, how did you go about gaining employment>

Matt

Archived