Renewing passport

Guest beverley

Guest beverley

Does it matter if you renew your passport while going through visa process?

Ive got the forms but passport runs out april 09, I'm off to perth in december

so not renewing now planning to do that when i get back. Is it best just

to wait or can I just use current passport no when completing forms?

Guest The Baggo's

Hi Beverley! We were told that we needed at least 2 years left on passports in order for visas to be issued. We did this on our youngest's passport and they carried the remaining time over to the new passport - hope that makes sense!

Also, some Countries require that you need at least six months valid passport upon arrival / departure - not too sure which one it is! Hope this helps! nat x

Guest Impatient

Yep, need 2 years clear for the application to be considered. Mrs Imp just had hers turned around in 2 weeks, must be quiet at the passport office.

Guest clayton gang
Does it matter if you renew your passport while going through visa process?

Ive got the forms but passport runs out april 09, I'm off to perth in december

so not renewing now planning to do that when i get back. Is it best just

to wait or can I just use current passport no when completing forms?

Hi Beverley

We actually renewed our daughters passport half way through our visa application and it did not effect anything. We just sent the information from her new passport. Our youngest son's runs out next year. We have our visa's, all we need to do is take the old passport with the visa in to enter for the purpose of the visa been in it. I hope this helps!!

Jenny

Guest clayton gang
Does the passport number remain the same when you renew? Didn't realise that this was the case, have to check 'em all.

Hi Longstand

I do believe it changes, thats why we had to send a copy of our daughters bio page.

Jenny

Guest maxxangel

My OH didn't have 2 years left on his passport and had no problems with the application. Our agent said they would let us know if they thought he needed to renew it and they didn't. As it happened we decided to renew it towards the end of the process anyway and as Jenny said, we just had to send in a scan of the bio data/photo page.

Cara

Guest esstenn

My passport was up in Feb 2009, so when we got the okay, I sent off for a new passport straight away. got it back in 5 days!!!!! excellent service. OH rang the visa people who asked us to just send in old and new passport together. We did this and got visas back, in our passports in 4 days!!!

My new passport does have a different number to the old one, but they also gave me the year left on my old passport, so I have an 11 year passport now.

It was pain free!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Sending off for my OH new passport tomorrow - forms all filled out and photo certified, etc. His passport is only 18 months old, but when we were on our reckie trip in March he decided to go swimming in the sea at Surfer's Paradice with it in his pocket! :goofy: (Any excuse not go go back to the UK!) Managed to dry it out and it was accepted for him to travel home, but don't want to chance it getting refused when we head back to Oz for good! Watching Boarder Control (think that's what it's called) on Sky, Aussie immigration at the ariports REALLY study passports with a fine toothcomb! Another £72 to add to the running costs of this move!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Archived