How much 'Genuine Relationship Evidence' (ref: our 189/190 application)

Beaty

Just wondering how much 'Genuine Relationship Evidence' you provided with your application (189/190)...we're married!

[h=3]'Genuine relationship evidence[/h]If you are married or in a de facto relationship, evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner to the exclusion of all others. For de facto relationships this should include evidence that you have been in the relationship for at least 12 months at time of application. Evidence can include, but is not limited to, joint bank account statements, billing accounts in joint names, and other evidence of cohabitation.'

B

Just wondering how much 'Genuine Relationship Evidence' you provided with your application (189/190)...we're married!

'Genuine relationship evidence

If you are married or in a de facto relationship, evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner to the exclusion of all others. For de facto relationships this should include evidence that you have been in the relationship for at least 12 months at time of application. Evidence can include, but is not limited to, joint bank account statements, billing accounts in joint names, and other evidence of cohabitation.'

B

I provided my marriage certificate for my 175 (equivalent to the 189 now). Nothing more, had been married almost three years at the time.

We've applied for a 190 NSW, been assigned a case officer and been asked to supply evidence of our relationship "I acknowledge you were married in May 2016,please provide evidence of your relationship for at least 12 months proir."

We originally only provided our marriage certificate, so now we've now added, 5 years e-mail contacts, plane tickets with both of us on the same flights from 3 years ago, statements from from family and friends, money transfers between the 2 of us and photos of us togetaher in various places and with family and friends that supplied statements. We've not heard anything back yet as still waiting on a PCC, but hoping it should be enough. I think we needed more evidence as my wife is from the Philippines which is probably seen as a high risk country as some girls there trick guys into getting married then leave as soon as they've got into the country. But if you've been married over a year I'd imagine you could just supple the marriage certificate, although adding additional evidence wouldn't hurt.

I worked on the basis that even though we were married with a child that in itself did not mean that we were living together nor comitted for the future. So still went for all the joint bills, bank accounts, mortgage and wills backed up by stat decs. Didn't bother with photos or holiday stuff.

They can always come back and ask you for more evidence if they need it but I reasoned that would waste time and delay everything.