Visa granted!

ABG

Hi All

I am happy to announce that my visa application (SC190) was approved today. It was a relatively painless process, although it did take a while. Upfront I made the decision to not use and agent as, in my opinion, my case was relatively straight forward. I was a high-points scorer (75+5), but as my occupation wasn't on the SOL list I had to go the 190 route. Victoria was the only state sponsoring my application, but that would have been my destination of choice anyway so it seemed like fate. I received State Sponsorship at the beginning of August, submitted my visa application on 6 September, uploaded medicals and police certificates end of September. On 25 October I had first contact from my CO, requesting Form 80 for both my wife and me. Luckily I had been anticipating this and had been working on the forms. I uploaded them last night, 27/10, and 6 hours later the grant email came through. I want to thank everyone who shared their experience and gave advice - it made the process of making the application on my own far easier!

Hi All

I am happy to announce that my visa application (SC190) was approved today. It was a relatively painless process, although it did take a while. Upfront I made the decision to not use and agent as, in my opinion, my case was relatively straight forward. I was a high-points scorer (75+5), but as my occupation wasn't on the SOL list I had to go the 190 route. Victoria was the only state sponsoring my application, but that would have been my destination of choice anyway so it seemed like fate. I received State Sponsorship at the beginning of August, submitted my visa application on 6 September, uploaded medicals and police certificates end of September. On 25 October I had first contact from my CO, requesting Form 80 for both my wife and me. Luckily I had been anticipating this and had been working on the forms. I uploaded them last night, 27/10, and 6 hours later the grant email came through. I want to thank everyone who shared their experience and gave advice - it made the process of making the application on my own far easier!

Good for you ABG!

Roll on the Migration. When will you go?

As I've always said, with straight forward cases, DIY!

B

Thanks everyone - we're super stoked! Aiming to go in the summer holidays next year so our daughter can start at the beginning of a school term. We need to activate our visa before 23 September and planning on making the activation trip the move.

Congrats! Whereabouts are you planning on settling in Vic?

My brother has a head start on me and is moving to Melbourne in May next year. We're aiming to move close to them. They're currently looking at the Mentone area so we'll look there or the surrounding suburbs. The good thing with him going out first is he can do a lot of reccie work for us

My brother has a head start on me and is moving to Melbourne in May next year. We're aiming to move close to them. They're currently looking at the Mentone area so we'll look there or the surrounding suburbs. The good thing with him going out first is he can do a lot of reccie work for us

And you will have somewhere to stay when you first move over ;-)

How did you start the ball rolling love with visas I am asking for my sister as shes coming to perth in feb next year and wants to stay and work here, she is looking for a sponsership job now, I suggested to her to obtain a 12 month holiday visa until she finds a sponsership job, she asked advise from a agent and it seemed confusing to us, as he was saying she needed 3 visas??

How did you start the ball rolling love with visas I am asking for my sister as shes coming to perth in feb next year and wants to stay and work here, she is looking for a sponsership job now, I suggested to her to obtain a 12 month holiday visa until she finds a sponsership job, she asked advise from a agent and it seemed confusing to us, as he was saying she needed 3 visas??

I've actually chronicled my journey in a blog. The whole process I took, from start to finish is mapped out here: http://www.190oz.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk