WHV while waiting for a partner visa ??

Samwager04

Hi , this year I got my 189 visa in march and have just got back from activating my visa . My plan was to start the process of adding my partner to the visa now who is 33 , but while away I heard that the WHV age limit will be increased to 35 in January . So my question is can my partner get a WHV visa next year go to Australia and then apply for the partner while in Australia . Just thinking of doing that instead if waiting 12-15 months to get the partner visa .

Thanks in advance for any replies

Its an option. just bare in mind that you will need to be in a defacto relationship i.e shared bills, rent, accounts etc living life as if you were a married couple etc etc. and this needs to be for a full 12 months. Depending on what state you are going to, you may be able to register your relationship to remove the 12 month requirement. Also if you have been in a defacto relationship in the UK then this also can be used. However a girlfriend type relationship is not what a partner visa is for.

The WHV is not strictly for this purpose but I'm sure you have do a bit of travelling over the year together to keep everyone happy...

Yes we have been in a relationship for the last 18 months and living together for nearly a year now so that is not a problem . Just wanted to get out there earlier if possible instead of waiting the 12-15 months for the partner visa to come through .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk