Help! Desperate bid to migrate to Australia!

Lauradennehy91

Hi guys,

I am trying my very best to make a perminent move to Australia. I completed a year in 2014 on a working holiday visa without doing my 88 days regional work (clearly I didn't realise at the time how much of an amazing country Australia is!) Now i'm desperately trying to get back over perminantely. I am currently a Real Estate Agent and have been informed that I could get a Skilled Visa on the basis that I find a company to sponsor me... Thing is I CANT!

I'm now starting to consider trying my luck and applying for my second holiday visa in the hope I wont get spot checked (although i've heard immigration are cutting down big time)

Please can someone advise me?!? Getting desperate here guys!!

Two thoughts:

- Get a spell-checker; Australians do like their immigrants to at last look educated!

- Get a plan; you can't base your emigration and future life on a fraudulent visa (this isn't the UK!). Take a look at what other visa options are available (regional settlement visas perhaps) or which skill-sets are being sought and then develop your own plan to retrain or get better qualifications or whatever it takes to score enough points to qualify. It may take a couple of years or more but without a plan you'll never make it.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

I am trying my very best to make a perminent move to Australia. I completed a year in 2014 on a working holiday visa without doing my 88 days regional work (clearly I didn't realise at the time how much of an amazing country Australia is!) Now i'm desperately trying to get back over perminantely. I am currently a Real Estate Agent and have been informed that I could get a Skilled Visa on the basis that I find a company to sponsor me... Thing is I CANT!

I'm now starting to consider trying my luck and applying for my second holiday visa in the hope I wont get spot checked (although i've heard immigration are cutting down big time)

You won't get a second working holiday visa, it isn't about being spot checked, all applications are checked and you don't qualify for it. It won't get you to Australia permanently anyway.

I also think you have zero chance as a Real Estate agent, you need to make this a medium to long term plan and look into retraining in an occupation that hopefully Australia will want.

I completed a year in 2014 on a working holiday visa without doing my 88 days regional work (clearly I didn't realise at the time how much of an amazing country Australia is!)

Sit back and think about that for a minute. When you were actually living in Australia, you didn't like it enough to do the regional work. So why do you suddenly think it's amazing now?

They're called rose-tinted glasses and we all get them when we're back in the daily grind and looking back on an enjoyable holiday. You were fancy-free, having a great adventure. Life seems boring now and you're desperate to escape. But think - at the time, you didn't want to stay. So obviously, what you're remembering now isn't what it was really like. And even if you get back this time, it won't be back to a holiday - it'll be back to the daily grind, same as in the UK.

If you want an adventure, why not try somewhere in Europe while your British passport still gives you the right to work there? How about doing a WHV to New Zealand?

Hi guys,

My 2nd WHV was granted within hours of applying and then when I arrived they took me to one side at the airport and asked for evidence. Luckily I had the form the farmer signed with me but even that wasn't enough I went on my emails showed them my payslips then had to log in to my bank account so they could see the statement making sure the amount on my payslips was the same as the amount going into my bank account! All of my farm work was legit but I was still scared they'd refuse me entry so imagine what it would be like in that situation without doing the regional work! It happened to my friend too and they made him show them his facebook so they could check his posts and photos from the dates he said he was doing his regional work.

If you didn't go to New Zealand last time then I'd highly recommend you try a WHV there it's an amazing country or maybe retrain in the UK and try and come back on a skilled visa that doesn't require sponsorship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheesh Real Estate Agent on the SOL. Sorry but that is ludicrous, no disrespect. It is not like you are a doctor, nurse, engineer which takes years of training. A 5 day course in Australia to qualify!

I even had to double the SOL then found out it is on the CSOL, shocking to say the least.

The housing market is crazy here at the moment, what do you or could offer an agency something special that they would sponsor you and fork out thousands for a visa and relocation costs that they could not find locally?

Then again I see a number of British recruitment agents who have been sponsored, again suspect.

Two thoughts:

- Get a spell-checker; Australians do like their immigrants to at last look educated!

- Get a plan; you can't base your emigration and future life on a fraudulent visa (this isn't the UK!). Take a look at what other visa options are available (regional settlement visas perhaps) or which skill-sets are being sought and then develop your own plan to retrain or get better qualifications or whatever it takes to score enough points to qualify. It may take a couple of years or more but without a plan you'll never make it.

Good luck!

if your going to have a go at someone for incorrect spelling you should ensure your own spelling is correct !

if your going to have a go at someone for incorrect spelling you should ensure your own spelling is correct !

Indeed you should (darned ipad never can tell the difference between your and you're huh?!)

Back on track though - why on earth the "desperation"? Australia is just another first world country and you can always take holidays there. However, if you really want to move over, then retrain in something that is likely to be in demand and give yourself 5-10 years to get there. Never try and lie to Immigration, that way lies a 3 year ban at least.

It's not a smart idea to speculate about breaking the law whilst using your own name and birth year as a User Name.

Your real name isn't Laura Dennehy and you weren't really born in 1991 - were you?

Hope not, because you'd be instantly identifiable when DIBP read your post.. ;-)

It's not a smart idea to speculate about breaking the law whilst using your own name and birth year as a User Name.

Your real name isn't Laura Dennehy and you weren't really born in 1991 - were you?

Hope not, because you'd be instantly identifiable when DIBP read your post.. ;-)

It's never a smart move to use a real name on any public forum like this. It amazes me that people do, after all we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc etc. It would take immigration less than 30 seconds to check someone out.

Indeed you should (darned ipad never can tell the difference between your and you're huh?!)

Back on track though - why on earth the "desperation"? Australia is just another first world country and you can always take holidays there. However, if you really want to move over, then retrain in something that is likely to be in demand and give yourself 5-10 years to get there. Never try and lie to Immigration, that way lies a 3 year ban at least.

Haha you got me