passport details changed

steven106

quick question my brother in-law and family have got there 189visa got approved in march, they are moving over to Brisbane in jan, but since they applied there sons passport ran out in June, they have his new one, how do they update the visa with his new details? just don't want any complications when entering Australia.

cheers steve

quick question my brother in-law and family have got there 189visa got approved in march, they are moving over to Brisbane in jan, but since they applied there sons passport ran out in June, they have his new one, how do they update the visa with his new details? just don't want any complications when entering Australia.

cheers steve

If you click on this link it gives a couple of options on how to notify immigration of the change in passport details:

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-can-i-update-my-address-or-passport-details

Hope this helps :smile:

The visas were granted to them even if 3 months left on their passports tells you that changes of a new passport no longer an issue, you actually no need to do anything after the visa grant. Previously, visa will not be granted, for offshore applicants, if only three months validity left, 6 months minimum, many case officers wanted to have at least 18 months, you will be requested to get a new passport before they grant you the visa.

cheers steve