Being assigned a case officer

ABG

I've read a lot about being assigned a case officer once you've submitted your visa application. How do you know you have been assigned one? Do you get a notification through immi portal, or do you only know you have one if and when they contact you? I submitted my application (sub-class 190) at the beginning of September and haven't heard anything yet. That's not necessarily a bad thing as I am hoping to fully front load my application but my medicals are only on Thursday and the PCC are only due in next Monday.

I've read a lot about being assigned a case officer once you've submitted your visa application. How do you know you have been assigned one? Do you get a notification through immi portal, or do you only know you have one if and when they contact you? I submitted my application (sub-class 190) at the beginning of September and haven't heard anything yet. That's not necessarily a bad thing as I am hoping to fully front load my application but my medicals are only on Thursday and the PCC are only due in next Monday.

You won't know unless your case officer wants something.

Many people get a visa grant without ever hearing from a case officer - they don't contact youjust to introduce themselves, they are too busy for that!

You won't know unless your case officer wants something.

Many people get a visa grant without ever hearing from a case officer - they don't contact youjust to introduce themselves, they are too busy for that!

Thanks Nemesis - I thought as much but some immitrackers I've been looking at to gauge processing times had CO assigned as time point so was curious if there was a formal process or not.