job title has dropped off the ACT CSOL list

SARAH1974

Hi guys

We have submitted an application (around 2 weeks ago) for a 190 for ACT under my partners job of Management Consultant.

At the time the job was on the CSOL list for a state sponsored visa but its not on the new list published today.

Has anyone had any experience where this has happened? Our agent says its fine as it was on the list the day the application was logged.

Help!!

Have you lodged the actual 190 application or have you just lodged an application to be sponsored? If the former, i.e. your visa application has been placed with department of immigration and you have paid the big visa fees, then I agree with your agent, it is fine.

If you have in fact only applied for sponsorship so far, then sadly I think the door has just slammed. Yes this will definitely have happened to other people in the past.

We have lodged an expression of interest on skills select for a 190 visa application to ACT. The official website says they are processing submissions for these dated July so surely they can't just disregard all the submissions that were in before the list changed today (like ours was)!!!. They have taken a $300 for the ACT application fee from our account and the paperwork was lodged on 25/8/16 so before the cut off. I'm hoping its the submission date that counts as otherwise how would states that have a longer processing fee operate? Thanks for the reply

We have lodged an expression of interest on skills select for a 190 visa application to ACT. The official website says they are processing submissions for these dated July so surely they can't just disregard all the submissions that were in before the list changed today (like ours was)!!!. They have taken a $300 for the ACT application fee from our account and the paperwork was lodged on 25/8/16 so before the cut off. I'm hoping its the submission date that counts as otherwise how would states that have a longer processing fee operate? Thanks for the reply

What at I was trying to establish is where you are in the process. You do not apply to ACT for a 190 visa, states do not have the authority to issue visas. Only the federal government does.

All the state government can do is *sponsor* some applications. So I was trying to work out if you already got the sponsorship approved or if you are still waiting for that. Have you been told your sponsorship is approved?

If it has been, then you are safe, the federal government who issues the visa does not care about updates on state sponsorship lists. If it has not been approved yet, then I think you have to cross your fingers, that they took the fee is encouraging. As I say, as I read their website it seems like when it is closed it is closed however your agent is paid to know these things and I am not so perhaps it will come through for you.

Hi Sarah1974,

This is what has happened today:

1) Canberra (the ACT) has revised its list of occupations that it will sponsor. This becomes effective on the 1st of September.

This is NOT the CSOL!!!!! The CSOL has NOT changed.

This is Canberra/ACT's own list of occupations. All States can change their lists at any time.

2) The CSOL can be found here:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

The CSOL tends to change about once or twice a year. But generally only once a year (usually every July).

3) Since you have already submitted your application to the ACT, while your husband's occupation was listed on their list (never mind the CSOL), you should be fine. In fact this is what the ACT has said:

Applications for ACT nomination submitted and lodged before 01/09/16 will be assessed against the ‘at time of application’ criteria.

This is also what your agent has said, you should learn to trust your agent, rather than relying on forums which are full of people who don't always know what they are talking about. Please don't forget: in Australia ONLY Migration Agents can provide migration advice. These forums are not limited to Australia, so lots of people get on with incorrect information.

4) If your application to the ACT is successful the Department will almost automatically issue an Invitation to Apply for your Visa (this should come through to your agent) and all will be well. If the ACT sponsorship application is not successful then this route (ACT sponsorship) will be closed to you.

Hope that clarifies things :)

Hi guys

We have submitted an application (around 2 weeks ago) for a 190 for ACT under my partners job of Management Consultant.

At the time the job was on the CSOL list for a state sponsored visa but its not on the new list published today.

Has anyone had any experience where this has happened? Our agent says its fine as it was on the list the day the application was logged.

Help!!

Hi Sarah1974,

This is what has happened today:

1) Canberra (the ACT) has revised its list of occupations that it will sponsor. This becomes effective on the 1st of September.

This is NOT the CSOL!!!!! The CSOL has NOT changed.

This is Canberra/ACT's own list of occupations. All States can change their lists at any time.

2) The CSOL can be found here:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

The CSOL tends to change about once or twice a year. But generally only once a year (usually every July).

3) Since you have already submitted your application to the ACT, while your husband's occupation was listed on their list (never mind the CSOL), you should be fine. In fact this is what the ACT has said:

Applications for ACT nomination submitted and lodged before 01/09/16 will be assessed against the ‘at time of application’ criteria.

This is also what your agent has said, you should learn to trust your agent, rather than relying on forums which are full of people who don't always know what they are talking about. Please don't forget: in Australia ONLY Migration Agents can provide migration advice. These forums are not limited to Australia, so lots of people get on with incorrect information.

4) If your application to the ACT is successful the Department will almost automatically issue an Invitation to Apply for your Visa (this should come through to your agent) and all will be well. If the ACT sponsorship application is not successful then this route (ACT sponsorship) will be closed to you.

Hope that clarifies things :)

Thanks for all the information