Confusion with the 47sp and 40sp forms

aelia

Hey guys, I have a question in regards to the 820 Defacto Partnership Visa. I was wondering if I can get some advice regarding the 47sp and 40sp forms as I am sitting here a bit confused, trying to figure everything out.

My Australian partner is sponsoring me and we are doing an online application. Logging in my Immi account, I started an Application for Migration to Australia by a Partner which has 26 questions. Is that considered the 47sp for me? If so, does my Australian partner (the sponsor) also need to create an Immi account and start his own application for sponsoring me at the same time? If thats the case, how will they know the two applications from two different Immi accounts are related and what is a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) that they ask the sponsor for at the beginning of his application? If we do this online, do we also need to download and fill out separately the pdf 47sp and 40sp forms https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/47sp.pdf and attach them to our application when we provide all the other forms and supporting documents?

Help is much appreciated in these stressful times. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Aelia15

you upload the docs into the immi account of the person applying and the documents are categorised between applicant and sponsor. When you upload the documents, you can see that you'll be prompted to give them a category, and I also named mine to reflect accordingly (ie, statutory declaration by sponsor - ABC Jones).

it's hard to explain without seeing the immi account but it should be fairly simple once you get going.

Hi Aelia, not you if you sorted this yet. I applied last month as an applicant my gf (Aussie) as the sponsor. I applied first online, uploaded everything, including a completed form and this gave me my TRN. MY gf then applied straight after entering my TRN to link us. She then uploaded everything after. Our account currently says all received, I then had a prompt for a medical which I've undertaken and the doctor sends it direct - took about 5 days from completing the medical to it showing up on my account.

At the moment we're in the waiting game...

Have you heard anything from them yet?

• 1 month later...
Hi Aelia, not you if you sorted this yet. I applied last month as an applicant my gf (Aussie) as the sponsor. I applied first online, uploaded everything, including a completed form and this gave me my TRN. MY gf then applied straight after entering my TRN to link us. She then uploaded everything after. Our account currently says all received, I then had a prompt for a medical which I've undertaken and the doctor sends it direct - took about 5 days from completing the medical to it showing up on my account.

At the moment we're in the waiting game...

Have you heard anything from them yet?

Hi Blighty,

Assuming your gf completed the 40sp from her own immi account, how long did this take to show up in your own account, we uploaded everything yesterday however on my parters document list is says 40sp is still required.

Also, how long after completing the upload was it before they asked for a medical?

Huge thanks for you help!

Hi Blighty,

Assuming your gf completed the 40sp from her own immi account, how long did this take to show up in your own account, we uploaded everything yesterday however on my parters document list is says 40sp is still required.

Also, how long after completing the upload was it before they asked for a medical?

Huge thanks for you help!

Hi Heyleykj,

Yep, my gf set up her account and filled in her form, we ended up uploading all documents (hers and mine) on my profile, and then just hers on her account to make sure everything was there somewhere. We upload in August, I cant remember exactly how long before hers showed up on mine, but it wasn't long - just a few days. Hers no reads 'approved' (previously simply saying 'received') which changed around 2-3 weeks ago.

Mine still reads 'received', I have also now been assigned a case officer and submitted both my police and medical checks. From memory it was only a couple of weeks after uploading I noticed an option on my profile noting the medical being required (we didn't receive a formal request) so I arranged for that and sent it in (from seeing it on my profile to submission was around 3 weeks). I received a formal request for the police check with a letter assigning a case officer after around 5 weeks, so filled it in (I'm in the UK, so here it takes 10 days) it arrived after 8 working days and got submitted straight away. The medical was digital and went straight from the doctor to DBIP. The police check was done online and a paper copy received which was scanned and uploaded.

So we're just over 2months in now. We haven't heard anymore and from reading forums etc don't expect to for a while, but i'll probably still drop them an email soon to with a couple of questions.

Hope that helps!

Hi Heyleykj,

Yep, my gf set up her account and filled in her form, we ended up uploading all documents (hers and mine) on my profile, and then just hers on her account to make sure everything was there somewhere. We upload in August, I cant remember exactly how long before hers showed up on mine, but it wasn't long - just a few days. Hers no reads 'approved' (previously simply saying 'received') which changed around 2-3 weeks ago.

Mine still reads 'received', I have also now been assigned a case officer and submitted both my police and medical checks. From memory it was only a couple of weeks after uploading I noticed an option on my profile noting the medical being required (we didn't receive a formal request) so I arranged for that and sent it in (from seeing it on my profile to submission was around 3 weeks). I received a formal request for the police check with a letter assigning a case officer after around 5 weeks, so filled it in (I'm in the UK, so here it takes 10 days) it arrived after 8 working days and got submitted straight away. The medical was digital and went straight from the doctor to DBIP. The police check was done online and a paper copy received which was scanned and uploaded.

So we're just over 2months in now. We haven't heard anymore and from reading forums etc don't expect to for a while, but i'll probably still drop them an email soon to with a couple of questions.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info Blighty. Everything I have uploaded is marked as 'Received'. I assume this changes to accepted when somebody takes a look at it?

As for the health check, it says on the documents page that it is 'recommended' and on the left side there is separate link named 'View Health Assessment'. When I click it it says "A medical is required for this application" and then gives details on how to arrange but I have read on forums that you should wait for your case officer to instruct you to get it so getting very mixed signals! Do you have this link on your immiaccount?

Thanks in advanced for your help (again)!

Thanks for the info Blighty. Everything I have uploaded is marked as 'Received'. I assume this changes to accepted when somebody takes a look at it?

As for the health check, it says on the documents page that it is 'recommended' and on the left side there is separate link named 'View Health Assessment'. When I click it it says "A medical is required for this application" and then gives details on how to arrange but I have read on forums that you should wait for your case officer to instruct you to get it so getting very mixed signals! Do you have this link on your immiaccount?

Thanks in advanced for your help (again)!

Hi,

Yeah I had the same - everything was received, mine still says this and my gf has moved to approved. I had the same as you have on the health check but took that note as a signal to go do it, perhaps I could / should have waited until the case officer contacted me by email but to be honest I wasn't really sure who they would notify me and took that as the go ahead for the health check. It was a couple of weeks between submitting my health check and actually receiving an email from them requesting the police check.

Both are valid for 12 months from issue. I have now submitted both and heard nothing more, both a noted as received on my account too...so just waiting dreaming of the future at the moment. I will likely try to contact them soon just for an update and to see what response I get.

Hi,

Yeah I had the same - everything was received, mine still says this and my gf has moved to approved. I had the same as you have on the health check but took that note as a signal to go do it, perhaps I could / should have waited until the case officer contacted me by email but to be honest I wasn't really sure who they would notify me and took that as the go ahead for the health check. It was a couple of weeks between submitting my health check and actually receiving an email from them requesting the police check.

Both are valid for 12 months from issue. I have now submitted both and heard nothing more, both a noted as received on my account too...so just waiting dreaming of the future at the moment. I will likely try to contact them soon just for an update and to see what response I get.

All this info relaxes me so much, I was worried it'd take months/years to be assigned a case officer but it seems as if things are moving relatively quickly for you, hopefully this bodes well for me too! I guess now that everything has been requested from them and sent by you that's all you can do! I have booked my medical for the 3rd of November, I'll get my police check done too I think...

Please keep me updated and very best of luck, I hope they don't keep you too long!

All this info relaxes me so much, I was worried it'd take months/years to be assigned a case officer but it seems as if things are moving relatively quickly for you, hopefully this bodes well for me too! I guess now that everything has been requested from them and sent by you that's all you can do! I have booked my medical for the 3rd of November, I'll get my police check done too I think...

Please keep me updated and very best of luck, I hope they don't keep you too long!

Yeah can be pretty stressful, but fingers crossed it just keeps plodding on and then a nice little surprise email pops up and says G'day, come over mate!...fingers crossed!