Validate visa visit

jadee

Hi Guys! After my previous posts, I can confirm that I am now in Oz on our validation visit of one month!! As I write this post we are in our airbnb apartment in Perth. I just have one query. We used the epassport service when entering the country, therefore I received no "stamp" in my passport. I ran this by the passport and immigration staff and they confirmed that as I had passed the security that was as the validation done. I'm not sure if I'm a little old school but do you think we should have really received a stamp? We are due to visit Sydney on Sunday so may query this then. Just wondered if anyone validated their visa electronically without gaining a stamp?

Many thanks in advance, Jade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was always told to get a stamp in the passport. I went through passport control and got one. They checked me off the arrivals list (must have been people due to arrive on their visa for the first time or something). They had my info on screen and iirc my picture. I got the stamp in my passport.

Hi Guys! After my previous posts, I can confirm that I am now in Oz on our validation visit of one month!! As I write this post we are in our airbnb apartment in Perth. I just have one query. We used the epassport service when entering the country, therefore I received no "stamp" in my passport. I ran this by the passport and immigration staff and they confirmed that as I had passed the security that was as the validation done. I'm not sure if I'm a little old school but do you think we should have really received a stamp? We are due to visit Sydney on Sunday so may query this then. Just wondered if anyone validated their visa electronically without gaining a stamp?

Many thanks in advance, Jade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't really need a stamp these days now its all electronic.