Police check and medicals for Partner Visa

can1983

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering my police checks and medical for my partner visa application which I sent on 16th August.

I've lived in both UK and Oz

Is the UK one the ACRO website?

The OZ one I'm pretty sure is the AFP website?

Medicals?

thanks, hope someone can help

You need the panel doctor list from the Immi website.

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/immigration-panel-physicians

And yes, the ACRO site is the one you need.

ETA. There is no mad rush to get them done too soon. You only applied last week and usually your CO wil let you know when to undertake the medical after and so on.

Edited by Guest
Eta

• 4 weeks later...

Police clearances and medical examinations are valid for 12 months, so anytime within in the 12 months prior to your decision being made is a good time to apply for police clearances and medical examinations.

Currently partner visa (onshore) processing times are officially 6-8 months, however from experience many applications are being decided closer to 12-15 months. The above threads are correct that if you haven't obtained these prior to the case officer assessing your application, then they will request these documents at this point. It often speeds up the processing time for you however if these are already provided.

• 2 weeks later...

so now im confused. ive now been asked for my police check and medical both will expire 12 months from issue

waiting time for visa is 10-14 months will expire before visa is issued

so ill need to do it all again wont i ....

also ive been asked to upload 2 passport photos how do you do that? why two when they are electronic !

Edited by Pingpoma