Employer Sponsorship while having protection Visa

Zoya Khan

Hello Everyone !

I'm wondering is there anyone who can help me to get some information regarding my query please . One of my friend applied Protection Visa Subclass 866 due to some circumstances and waiting for decision as application is still in progress, he got bridging E with working rights . He is chef & working in food industry since 4 years .

His employer is willing to sponsor him by RSMS 187 Stream and told him to get the paper work ready in two week time . There are 2 questions i want to ask ;

1. Will he be able to get sponsorship by law if his application for protection visa is still under process?

2. Is there are conditions not to have any protection type visa if you are applying for RSMS Sponsorship?

I'll be very thankful to you for providing me few of these answers ASP .

Kind regards

ZoyaKhan

In order to lodge a valid onshore application for a 187 RSMS visa the applicant must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A,B or C.

The 866 Protection Visa is a permanent visa which provides all of the advantages of permanent residence including travel rights as long as the holder does not enter the country from which they originally sought protection (Condition 8559).

If the 866 is granted you would have to consider why you would then go to the additional expense and complication of heading down the 187 track.

Edited by ricco56

The protection visa application shouldn't be a barrier to him applying for a 187 visa, however it's quite possible that he can't apply while holding a BVE. I'd suggest he speak with a migration agent for a consultation before proceeding.

Thanks for your feedback , do you recommend anyone in ACT ?

In order to lodge a valid onshore application for a 187 RSMS visa the applicant must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A,B or C.

The 866 Protection Visa is a permanent visa which provides all of the advantages of permanent residence including travel rights as long as the holder does not enter the country from which they originally sought protection (Condition 8559).

If the 866 is granted you would have to consider why you would then go to the additional expense and complication of heading down the 187 track.

His protection Visa application is in process it's not granted yet , he is working with that employer and why not to avail this golden opportunity ☺ Thanks for your feedback

His protection Visa application is in process it's not granted yet , he is working with that employer and why not to avail this golden opportunity ☺ Thanks for your feedback

He cannot proceed with an onshore 187 nomination/application until the 886 is granted. Once the 886 is granted he is free to continue to work for his current employer, or any other employer wherever he likes, and hence doesn't need the 187.

If the 886 is refused he will need to go offshore and arrange for the 187 nomination/application from there as long as he meets eligibility requirements.

He cannot proceed with an onshore 187 nomination/application until the 886 is granted. Once the 886 is granted he is free to continue to work for his current employer, or any other employer wherever he likes, and hence doesn't need the 187.

If the 886 is refused he will need to go offshore and arrange for the 187 nomination/application from there as long as he meets eligibility requirements.

Currently he's holding BVE with working rights , how he can change BVE to BVA or BVB ? Thanks for your feedback Again ☺