Lodge Visa Application Offshore or Onshore??

Emm

Hi all,

I submitted my nomination application to Victoria weeks ago. Although I am currently studying in WA I traveled home and submitted the application offshore, as I could not meet the conditions for onshore applicants ( having a job offer).

It's been 12 weeks now and I am still offshore waiting for the outcome.

My question is, if the sponsorship is approved can I submit the EOI and the visa application onshore?

P.S. : I have not submitted the EOI yet as I sent my docs directly to Victoria

Hi all,

I submitted my nomination application to Victoria weeks ago. Although I am currently studying in WA I traveled home and submitted the application offshore, as I could not meet the conditions for onshore applicants ( having a job offer).

It's been 12 weeks now and I am still offshore waiting for the outcome.

My question is, if the sponsorship is approved can I submit the EOI and the visa application onshore?

P.S. : I have not submitted the EOI yet as I sent my docs directly to Victoria

You can lodge onshore. The state of Victoria does not have authority to make rules in this respect,

I fear you may have misunderstood their criteria though. They don't mean that they want applicants to pop offshore whilst they apply for state sponsorship, they mean they will only consider applications from people living in Victoria or living overseas.

Where is your home? It sounds like it is in WA? We're you on a student visa and would that now be invalid if you have been away for twelve weeks?

You can lodge onshore. The state of Victoria does not have authority to make rules in this respect,

I fear you may have misunderstood their criteria though. They don't mean that they want applicants to pop offshore whilst they apply for state sponsorship, they mean they will only consider applications from people living in Victoria or living overseas.

Where is your home? It sounds like it is in WA? We're you on a student visa and would that now be invalid if you have been away for twelve weeks?

Dear Bingo,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually they do consider applications from other states in Australia however onshore applicants are required to have a valid job offer from victoria. I made an application while i was in WA and they refused if as I did not have job offer. Then I traveled to Turkey to submit the app offshore, and this time they did not refuse it immediately and they are assessing it.

I am still in Turkey? Is my student visa at risk? ??

Thank you