Horatio

Horatio

There is no permanent visa for this, but there is a temporary visa that can be renewed. These are the requirements

Anyone who is 55 years of age or over. If a couple, one partner only has to be over 55.

[h=4]What it entitles you to[/h]A four year temporary visa, with limited work rights of up to 40 hours per fortnight. Further applications can be made.

[h=4]Terms & Conditions[/h]Applicants can have no dependants other than a spouse and must have full private medical/hospital insurance at all times. State/territory government sponsorship is required and the following charges apply:

• A second visa charge of $10,925 per person
  • Assets of $500,000 if settling in a regional area of Australia, or $750,000 if settling in a non-regional area, to establish themselves.
  • Funds for investment in a treasury bond with the sponsoring state/territory government of $500,000 if settling in a regional area or $750,000 if settling in a non-regional area.
  • Net annual income stream from investments, pensions, etc. of $50,000 p.a. if settling in a regional area or $65,000 p.a. if settling in a non-regional area.

Subsequent visa applications will carry the same second application charge and annual income requirements but the amounts for investment in treasury bonds are $250,000 if settling in a regional area or $500,000 if settling in a non-regional area.

I would suggest you speak to a good agent such as Go Matlida

I know quite a few couples on this visa, (405 retirement visa) and most are finding it very difficult to afford to re new this visa (approx. $11,000 each) for more than a few renewals every 4 years

Apparently according to the Migration minister when we met with him recently, there are only about 350 people in Oz on this visa.

We met to ask about the 410 visa ( this visa ended in 2005), which we are on and the figure for the 405 was mentioned.

At present again according to people that we know, you have to start the new application about 9 months before the end date of the 4 year visa. It is classed as a new application every time so police checks, health check etc. have to be re done, and it can get very close to the wire getting approval.

It's a very expensive visa.

If you have children in Oz, then look into a parent visa if your balance of family is here.

Edited by ramot

I know quite a few couples on this visa, (405 retirement visa) and most are finding it very difficult to afford to re new this visa (approx. $11,000 each) for more than a few renewals every 4 years

Apparently according to the Migration minister when we met with him recently, there are only about 350 people in Oz on this visa.

We met to ask about the 410 visa ( this visa ended in 2005), which we are on and the figure for the 405 was mentioned.

At present again according to people that we know, you have to start the new application about 9 months before the end date of the 4 year visa. It is classed as a new application every time so police checks, health check etc. have to be re done, and it can get very close to the wire getting approval.

It's a very expensive

If you have children in Oz, then look into a parent visa if your balance of family is here.

$12,990 to renew now!! Not cheap

Edited by ramot

This could alter things. Do you or your spouse have ANY other children and which country do they live in. If the balance of your children are living in Australia as PR or citizens for at least two years then Parent visas will also be an option.

Sorry not being nosey but it helps to have all the info to point you in the right direction.

Also have you spent time in Australia, it is a big change and as retirees financially challenging.

This could alter things. Do you or your spouse have ANY other children and which country do they live in. If the balance of your children are living in Australia as PR or citizens for at least two years then Parent visas will also be an option.

Sorry not being nosey but it helps to have all the info to point you in the right direction.

Also have you spent time in Australia, it is a big change and as retirees financially challenging.

Do you have to be a citizen? I only ask because one of ours is a citizen and the other has been here for 4 years, one of those now as PR, and I thought that PR for a year was ok?

Do you have to be a citizen? I only ask because one of ours is a citizen and the other has been here for 4 years, one of those now as PR, and I thought that PR for a year was ok?

Sorry miss read Rammygirls reply, PR is ok.