On 457 employer will not nominate for PR what to do!?

Shelleyh1

Hi I'm currently just over 2yrs on my 457 and asked my employer to nominate for PR. They have said no at this stage. (Still trying to find out why) is there anything I can do if they will not nominate? My occupation is only on CSOL list...

Hi I'm currently just over 2yrs on my 457 and asked my employer to nominate for PR. They have said no at this stage. (Still trying to find out why) is there anything I can do if they will not nominate? My occupation is only on CSOL list...

They don't have to sponsor you for a permanent visa and they don't have to tell you why not.

You can look into skilled migration and would need state sponsorship if your occupation is only on the CSOL.

maintenance planner.... I live in Perth and it's not available for state sponsorship. Il have to just look into moving I guess 

There are very limited prospects for state/territory nomination in your skilled occupation and most states/territories will not nominate an applicant who resides in a different state.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about whether a viable visa strategy can be developed?

There are very limited prospects for state/territory nomination in your skilled occupation and most states/territories will not nominate an applicant who resides in a different state.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about whether a viable visa strategy can be developed?

Thanks il look into seeing someone next week

do u know if I stay until the end of my 457 and my company will not renew will I get a redundancy pay out as they effectively making me redundant or am I not entitled due to 457 ending?

Also if they do renew will I have to pay the fees again like I did the 1st time?

Thanks ?

do u know if I stay until the end of my 457 and my company will not renew will I get a redundancy pay out as they effectively making me redundant or am I not entitled due to 457 ending?

Also if they do renew will I have to pay the fees again like I did the 1st time?

Thanks 珞

I'm not sure it would be considered a redundancy since the position may still exist but you may just lose the legal ability to qualify for the position. So your employer could possibly take the stance that it's your responsibility to sort out a visa or resign. Hopefully they'll at least give you some feedback regarding why they wouldn't sponsor a PR visa and whether they would renew the 457. If they do renew the 457, they legally need to pay the nomination fee but not your application fee.

Thanks 珞

You have the same employment rights as anyone else, so yes that would include redundancy.

A new visa application (which a "renewal" is) means new fees yes.