Parent Visa Processing Times

The Department of Immigration has advised that visa program numbers for Parent Visas are close to being filled for the 2015/16 year and if applicants have not been contacted by a case officer by now, it’s unlikely their application will be assessed in this year's migration program.

Allocation dates for final processing for contributory Parent Visas are currently for applications received:

Offshore subclass 173 or 143 - 16 May 2014

Onshore subclass 884 or 864 - 7 August 2015

Temporary 173 holders applying for Permanent 143 - 6 November 2015

Temporary 884 holders applying for Permanent 864 - 6 November 2015

Cheers,

George Lombard

• Thanks 1

Hi George,

I'm a CPV applicant, applied in 7/2014. What is the "allocation date for final processing"? Is that the date that the case is opened for a case worker to start working on it?

Other question: Currently I am in South Korea and my work contract will end in August. Could I go to Australia on a tourist visa, and when they are ready to approve the CPV leave the country and return to activate the CPV? How long before they approve the visa do I have to be out of the country?

Thanks for your help!

owl

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks George for the info supplied

while not fully understanding the format for this visa do you know when the allocation for visas lodged in December 2015 will be processed,, every one has a different time frame as to how long the 143 visa is taking to get processed,can you shed any light on this please

regards

• 1 month later...

Hi ya, I'm not a parent but I'm just asking on behalf of my parents. I've been in Australia for 2 years and my parents would like to come and live here also. We would like to know if there's a visa that they could come over to Australia on for a year? Is there a holiday visa that would allow them to stay for a year? Also what is the age for an aged parent visa? The contributory one?

if mum and dad came over for a year and decided to go ahead with the parent contributory visa how long is the current processing time taking roughly? Thanks in advance

The Department of Immigration has advised that visa program numbers for Parent Visas are close to being filled for the 2015/16 year and if applicants have not been contacted by a case officer by now, it’s unlikely their application will be assessed in this year's migration program.

Allocation dates for final processing for contributory Parent Visas are currently for applications received:

Offshore subclass 173 or 143 - 16 May 2014

Onshore subclass 884 or 864 - 7 August 2015

Temporary 173 holders applying for Permanent 143 - 6 November 2015

Temporary 884 holders applying for Permanent 864 - 6 November 2015

Cheers,

George Lombard

I don't understand what this means either - does it mean that they're now only processing 173/143 visa applications that were received in May 2014? Ie a 2 year wait?

I've only just started looking into bringing my parents over so trying to establish which is the best visa to go for.

Hello kellie

there is a sub class 600 tourist visa for 1 year also for your parents to apply for the contributary visa

you will have to either have your citizenship or be a resident

and the wating times is just over 2 years at present

Regards

kevin

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the information. Can you tell me when the new allocation commences. I am not sure if this is the right way to ask for this help or is there another forum I should approach. I am a widower now 73 years of age and wish to emigrate to live with my only daughter in Perth, WA. I lodged my CPV (173/143) application on 2nd September 2014 and have paid the first payment. I believe that my daughter and son in law and I have all the necessary precursors to met the conditions for a CPV apart from the necessary police, medical checks etc. I have been on the official government immigration website and it now appears the waiting time is now in excess of 24 months. From above it appears it could be longer is there anything I can do to expedite my application. Should I apply for a different visa. My daughter wants to approach an agent but I am not sure that they can help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Beat Regards Jim

Many thanks for the information. Can you tell me when the new allocation commences. I am not sure if this is the right way to ask for this help or is there another forum I should approach. I am a widower now 73 years of age and wish to emigrate to live with my only daughter in Perth, WA. I lodged my CPV (173/143) application on 2nd September 2014 and have paid the first payment. I believe that my daughter and son in law and I have all the necessary precursors to met the conditions for a CPV apart from the necessary police, medical checks etc. I have been on the official government immigration website and it now appears the waiting time is now in excess of 24 months. From above it appears it could be longer is there anything I can do to expedite my application. Should I apply for a different visa. My daughter wants to approach an agent but I am not sure that they can help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Beat Regards Jim

Hi Jim.

I'm in the UK presently - feel able to telephone our Southampton office during business hours (Tuesday to Thursday this week will be best) if you would like to discuss strategy, timelines, etc. 023 81 66 11 55.

Best regards.

PS. You can establish the lodgment dates of parent visas being assessed presently by sending a blank email to parents@border.gov.au

Hi Alan. Many thanks for your suggestion. I already do this as advised previously by a PomsinOz member, hence my dismay at the websites predictions of progress. JimH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Productivity Commission report on immigration is worth reading. On the front page of The Australian today. Among other things, it says that parent visas carry by far the greatest cost to the economy of all visa categories. It estimates that the real cost to the taxpayer is between $335,000 and $410,000 per person, while each parent pays only about $47,000. Comment: the Productivity Commission has often been used as political cover for governments wanting to take tough decisions. Its report on aged care, which has led to sharply increased costs for many people, was more or less the template for the final decisions which were agreed to by both major parties. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that this report will have any important consequences. But it could.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I've lodged subclass 143 application on 09/2014. Until now, I haven't received any email from IMMI to request AOS (assurance of support). Do your guys know at which stage they will request the AOS?

Suggest you might send a blank email to parents@border.gov.au to get a feel for which applications the Parents Visa Centre is processing presently.

Best regards.

I did send a few emails to parents@border.gov.au and received auto-reply emails stated they are processing applications lodged on June 2014. It looks like the processing time is far slower than normal. when I lodge the application, I was told that the processing time may take about 18 months to 24 months. Now, I reckon it may take up to 3 years for applicants who have submitted their applications on 2015.

Regards

Ryan

• 1 month later...