189 - Vetassess Internal Auditor - Experience Claim

Hi Everybody,

Hopefully someone here can help me! I am considering sending an EOI for the points-based independent skilled visa subclass 189 after July and I will be applying for Internal Auditor (anzsco: 221214). I currently have 30 points for my age, 15 for my master and should get 10 for my IELTS. I also should get 5 points for skilled employment outside australia and 5 for skilled employment in australia although have some doubts on how my years of experience will be calculated.... This is the summary of my experience:

Experience Abroad

- From January 2012 till December 2012 - External Auditor in KPMG Milan (12 months, of which only 6 spent in External Audit and the remaining 6 spent in Internal Audit and Risk Consulting);

- From January 2013 till May 2014 - Internal Auditor in KPMG Milan (17 months, after I moved definitively in that department following my 6 months experience as a "borrowed resource" from External Audit);

- From June 2014 till September 2015 - Career Break from KPMG Milan (15 months);

Australian Experience

- From May 2015 till August 2015 - Worked as a senior financial accountant in StateStreet Australia through a recruitment agency (4 months) holding a working holiday visa;

- From September 2015 till May 2016 - Sponsored by KPMG Australia as an Internal Auditor and currently employed there (9 months).

On paper, I should have 12+17+15=44 months/12 = 3.6 years of Relevant Experience Abroad (however, only 2.4 were paid because the last 15 months I was on a career break). I am wondering whether I still able to claim 5 points for skilled employement outside australia for at least 3 years?? On the immigration website is stated that "To claim points for skilled employment you must have, in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated skilled occupation and/or a closely related occupation."

Even if I effectively worked only for 2.4 yrs I have been employed for 3.6 and since my working week was 40hours, on average I should still be above the requirement of 20 hours weekly (52*40*2.4=4992 hours worked / (52*3.6) = 26hours.... Anyone knows if Vetassess calculates the time in the same way?

Also, with regards to my Australian Experience, are the 4 months of experience as a senior financial accountant relevant for an application as internal auditor? I believe accounting and audit should be in the same anzsco group?

Anyone able to give me some help? :notworthy: Thanks 10000000000000000 guys

UNIT GROUP 2212 AUDITORS...

UNIT GROUP 2211 ACCOUNTANTS...

Daily duties performed are assessed, not job titles.

Thanks for your reply! In this case my only solution is to wait until I reach one year of experience as internal auditor here in sydney. Do you know whether I need to have one year of australian experience at the time I get my skills assessed by vetassess? I know the assessement takes around 2/2.5 months and I would like to submit my EOI before December... Does the immigration count the experience at the time I apply or from what it's stated in the skill assessment? Thanks

Does the immigration count the experience at the time I apply or from what it's stated in the skill assessment?

From the date you were deemed qualified, until the date of visa invitation.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to make sure you will be running a viable strategy?