Struggling to find an agent.

Guest Guest109904

Guest Guest109904

Hello agents

I am trying to find someone who has experience in adding a dependent parent to a UK visa application. I know there are dependency requirements for 'other family members' on the border.gov.au website (which can be met) but these seem quite limited. I really need to know whether there is some sort of savings/financial/pension income threshold above which the dependent parent would not be classed as a dependent.

I have tried four recommended agents but to no avail, and am reluctant to start my skills assessment without having some guidance on the above first. Do any of you know of an agent who has experience/knowledge/an interest in this area?

Thank you so much!

anon123

I was under the impression (from previous discussions on here, people exploring similar options) that a UK parent could not be considered dependent due to their access to a country that has a welfare system. I expect others might be able to provide further info than me though.

Not likely really because of the welfare state access. If they are dependent upon you because of medical reasons then they are likely to fail anyway. Once you are settled (2 years) then they can apply for a cpv if they meet the bof requirement.

Hello agents

I am trying to find someone who has experience in adding a dependent parent to a UK visa application. I know there are dependency requirements for 'other family members' on the border.gov.au website (which can be met) but these seem quite limited. I really need to know whether there is some sort of savings/financial/pension income threshold above which the dependent parent would not be classed as a dependent.

I have tried four recommended agents but to no avail, and am reluctant to start my skills assessment without having some guidance on the above first. Do any of you know of an agent who has experience/knowledge/an interest in this area?

Thank you so much!

anon123

As others have said, if your parent is in the UK there is no chance whatsoever of including them in your application as a dependent.

It is possible to abandon pension or other benefits and become dependent for a 'reasonable period'. This tactic has been used successfully, but is not recommended. It would be easily possible to finish up with no pension and no visa either.

Do you want me to put you in touch with a number of agents who are very experienced to see if they can help?

Considering that two well-known and highly experienced agents have already replied with advice, I'd say the OP would be better off speaking to one of them.

The bottom line is that the OP isn't "having difficulty finding an agent". They're having difficulty finding an agent who will give them the advice they want to hear! At some point they have to accept that if every agent they try say there's no chance, then there's no chance.

Guest Guest109904
Considering that two well-known and highly experienced agents have already replied with advice, I'd say the OP would be better off speaking to one of them.

The bottom line is that the OP isn't "having difficulty finding an agent". They're having difficulty finding an agent who will give them the advice they want to hear! At some point they have to accept that if every agent they try say there's no chance, then there's no chance.

Just to clarify, my 'difficulty with finding an agent' (outside of this forum and prior to to this thread) has been lack of email reply, not accepting advice I don't want to hear. Thanks.