April 2016 189 applicants???

sisheharr

Hi,

I have looked through previous threads and cannot find a one for applications submitted in April 2016, so I thought I would start one.

I am a teacher who is hoping to move out to Perth with my family (hubby and 2 kids aged 6 and 8) at the end of the year. We submitted an application on 12th April 2016 and have been allocated a case officer. We have been asked for extra employment references and uploaded those on May 4th.......

Is anyone else in a similar position??

It's nice to go through the process with others!!

Hello!

I submitted my application on the 1st of May so now I need to upload my documents and book my medical exams.

Did you have to get your documents certified before you uploaded them or were you told they would be alright without certification if they are in colour?

I'm a teacher too :) I'm looking to move to Brisbane next year!

Anna

Hi,

I submitted my application on 29th April, so a bit too soon to expect to have heard anything just yet. We front-loaded almost all of our documents and had our medicals beforehand as well. The only bits I'm still waiting on are my UK police check and my partner's Irish police check.

When we uploaded our documents we scanned them in direct, we didn't get them certified beforehand. As far as I'm aware that shouldn't be a problem but will have to wait until someone reviews our case before we know for sure!

Just a quick update....got an email through today having been assigned a case officer, just requesting the two police certificates that we are still waiting on. Exciting times! Fingers crossed we get the certificates through the post asap and can get them loaded up for the officer. Really impressed that we've been assigned within a week of lodging though :)

• 4 weeks later...

Another update from me....woke up to an email confirming our visa grant this morning! Very exciting!

All in all our experience has been very positive with no major delays. It's just under two weeks since we provided them with the last police certificate that was requested, so pretty efficient in my opinion.

Best of luck to everyone else, hopefully you will have a good experience like I did :)