Accountant applying for 189 and 190 NSW

bose

Hi everyone,

I submitted my EOI under 189 visa as taxation accountant on 4 Feb 2016 with 65 points. I am now considering to apply for the 190 visa (NSW sponsorship). However, I'm afraid that if I go to my skillselect account and choose the 190 visa in addition, my current date of effect will be affected. Has anyone had any experience of this? Please give me some advices.

Secondly, should I go for the 190 or should I just wait for the 189 visa at this time? Is there any chance for me with 65+5 to get invitation for the 190 visa?

Thanks a lot for your advices.

Well, if you update your EOI, your DOE will be moved further for one week, given the overall picture, it doesn't matter (in my opinion).

Another way - you can start another EOI, in this case your first EOI remained intact.

If I were you, I would submit another EOI for 190 visa. Chances to get 189 invite this fin year are quite low.

If you can somehow raise your score, you should try. This is what I tried to do, but didn't succeed.

Edited by UA to AU

• 2 weeks later...
Well, if you update your EOI, your DOE will be moved further for one week, given the overall picture, it doesn't matter (in my opinion).

Another way - you can start another EOI, in this case your first EOI remained intact.

If I were you, I would submit another EOI for 190 visa. Chances to get 189 invite this fin year are quite low.

If you can somehow raise your score, you should try. This is what I tried to do, but didn't succeed.

Hi, I received invitation for NSW nomination yesterday. I did like you had suggested, that I created a new EOI on 17 Feb 2016 and unexpectedly received NSW invitation on 25 Feb 2016.

So now, I will have 14 days to accept their invitation, wont I? I really want to finish it as soon as possible but my agent can only give me appointment on Monday. I just want to ask that whether waiting until Monday to submit the nomination application form will cause me any problem at this stage?

Once again, really appreciate your help!!!

Hi, I received invitation for NSW nomination yesterday. I did like you had suggested, that I created a new EOI on 17 Feb 2016 and unexpectedly received NSW invitation on 25 Feb 2016.

So now, I will have 14 days to accept their invitation, wont I? I really want to finish it as soon as possible but my agent can only give me appointment on Monday. I just want to ask that whether waiting until Monday to submit the nomination application form will cause me any problem at this stage?

Once again, really appreciate your help!!!

Congrats, I have never been invited by NSW, but as far as I know, you indeed have 2 weeks to apply. Also, I never used an agent and did everything by myself, but as you took this path (migrate through an agent), I would wait and listen to what agent will say, and then decide what to do. Don't think coming weekend will make any difference.

Can you share your points break down?

My occupation is taxation accountant, age: 30, english: 10, qualification: 15, australian study: 5, partner skills: 5, total 65+5 for state sponsorship. I used agent because I needed their help with the relationship evidence.

One more thing to ask, because I'm not familiar with the process of the NSW nomination and the 190 visa, I don't know which stage throughout this process is the most critical, whether it is to receive the invitation for NSW nomination or to receive their nomination? Is receiving of invitation for NSW nomination a kind of guarantee that I will be eligible to apply for a PR in near future, provided that my documents submitted to NSW are appropriate and adequate?

Wow, surprised some one with proficient English got invited by NSW. Looks like DIBP prefers tax accountants.

I don't think you should relax - saw several applicants on forums who had been waiting for months SS confirmation and didn't get by that time.

I think that NSW had put a hold on invites for a few months for accountants, and as a result lots of people have gone the 189 route, meaning they might now be inviting 65 pointers irrespective of English.

I did have an EOI in for NSW, but they also seemed to have a preference towards general accountants and tax accountants over management accountants (my anzsco code). They might have decided they have a pressing need for tax accountants and prioritised that.

I agree that OP should.not.relax.and keep pushing, the important part is the invitation to apply for 190 from dibp ;)

Best of luck Bose!!!

Do you guys have any ideas about the possibility of receiving nomination from NSW in the following stage? I just thought that we can receive nomination from NSW following their invitation, as long as we submit appropriate and adequate documents to show them that our points on the EOI is genuine.

Based on what you have suggested, sound like NSW will do another filtering before giving us their nomination, doesn't it?

We are planning to move to victoria mainly Melbourne in july 2016

My wife has done ACCA and is an associate member at present, Kindly advise is she considered a registered accountant in Australia or does she have to do further studies to pursue her career in accounting and finance, do u think she has any scope here. She has totally 7 years of experence.

In your opinion what would be better place to move with her educational background to seek employment.

We are planning to move to victoria mainly Melbourne in july 2016

My wife has done ACCA and is an associate member at present, Kindly advise is she considered a registered accountant in Australia or does she have to do further studies to pursue her career in accounting and finance, do u think she has any scope here. She has totally 7 years of experence.

In your opinion what would be better place to move with her educational background to seek employment.

I'm really not an expert in this field. But for me, I did the skill assessment with CPA as I had aimed to apply as an accountant. I guess this link can help you somehow: http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment/criteria-and-requirements

Edited by bose

• 5 months later...