Looking At Defacto visas

Suem8

I'm an Australian Now in the Uk been seeing a guy for 3 yeArs I'm wanting to move back due to my adult children living in Perth .

Hes 51 does age matter for a Defacto visa any advice would be great and if going through an agent who's the best to use.x

I'm an Australian Now in the Uk been seeing a guy for 3 yeArs I'm wanting to move back due to my adult children living in Perth .

Hes 51 does age matter for a Defacto visa any advice would be great and if going through an agent who's the best to use.x

Age has no bearing on a Spouse/Partner visa, but you would need to be in a more serious relationship than just 'seeing a guy'. You have to be able to demonstrate a committed relationship with him in order to sponsor him,

If its a straightforward case you shouldn't need an agent., Have a read of the PArtner booklet from DIBP

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Part

What do you mean by "seeing" this guy? Age isn't a problem, but you'll need to prove that you've been living together for at least 12 months.

Some people do get accepted when they haven't lived together, but there has to be a really good reason why circumstances have stopped you setting up home together.

I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent as DIBP could quite likely consider your relationship as dating. To meet the de facto relationship criteria, you'd normally need to demonstrate living together for at least 12 months with any separations being temporary. If you're simply staying overnight at each other's place several nights a week, that sounds more like dating.

I have my own flat but live with him 4 or 5 nights a week he's my partner has been last 3 years .

with me having Australian passport should we apply and move to oz or do from here In the uk.

Even with you having an Aussie passport, you still have to meet the rules for the visa - which include having a shared life. After a relationship of three years you'll need good reasons why you don't actually live together.

Do you share bills? Share mortgage/rent payments? Is the reason you live apart for part of the week because your jobs force you to other parts of the country - thats a reason that can be accepted as an explanation for living separately. But what it comes down to is - you need to be partners, not just seeing each other. You need to be the most important person in each others lives, sharing everything.

Not saying its impossible, but speaking to an agent about the right evidence might be a good idea at thispoint.

Agree with the others, the requirements for de facto will need more than you currently seem to have. Else it will be a waste of a big chunk of change.

The partner migration booklet is the best place to start. Download and print it off is the best thing IMHO. Read it over a few times, make notes, check what applies to you. There is a whole range of aspects you have to cover and evidence you will need to provide to support your application.

You will need a heck of a lot more than you staying at his 4 or 5 nights a week and keeping your own flat which you also stay at when not at his.