AHPRA & ANMAC processing times?

samjwilli

Hi I've checked on AHPRA & ANMAC websites and have looked at their processing times, but does anyone have recent dealings with them to confirm these processing times are accurate?

Currently AHPRA is 10 weeks and ANMAC 12 weeks. I hadn't realised I needed to register with AHPRA prior to submitting my skills assessment with ANMAC and now it's added another 10 weeks at least to my processing times. I had wanted to be in Oz for June/July 2016.

Thanks sam.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you done the modified anmac then? I've done full anmac assessment and APHRA form the same time but still waiting, it's been about 4 weeks so far though so early days yet for me to hear anything.

have you done your fit2work for ahpra? You need to do this before sending APHRA forms off, I've only just done mine as didn't realise and they emailed me to do it.

I haven't submitted anything to AHPRA or ANMAC yet. I will need a full assessment with ANMAC. I have sent my "standing of good practice" off for the NMC in the UK and I've completed my fit2work - just waiting to hear back. I have completed my iIELTS, and I have all my documents certified so just ready to go with the AHPRA assessment. I was hoping turn around times were quicker than what was advertised on their websites.

have you done your fit2work for ahpra? You need to do this before sending APHRA forms off, I've only just done mine as didn't realise and they emailed me to do it.

I didn't know this either. I have all my documents drafted up, and am just waiting for employer to give me back reference and statement of employment. I was planning on sending my fitness to practise statement along with the application? Should it be sent separately/first??

I've got my reference letter from fit2work this morning.

Nmc have to send their verification or certificate of good standing directly to ANMAC and AHPRA this take approx 2 weeks from you submitting the forms to nmc. The cost is £34.

Just got my last reference back this morning. I'm sending the last documents off to be certified then (fingers crossed) I'll be able to submit my application to AHPRA.

Still dont one know whether to send the ANMAC off at the same time and pay for a full assessement or just wait additional 12 weeks and pay for a modified assessment??

If you apply to AHPRA first then you can then apply to ANMAC for a modified skills assessment which is slightly cheaper. You can submit an ANMAC full assessment application and an AHPRA application at the same time.

Ali this is incorrect. W

hen you register with AHPRA you wil lnot be put on the nursing register unless you have a visa. As you need to apply to ANMAC for the skills assessment which is part of the visa you will need to do the full assessment.

It took me 8 weeks to get AHPRA from posting to letter of provisional registration, everything was submitted correctly first time and i had no contact from AHPRA.

I've got my reference letter from fit2work this morning.

Nmc have to send their verification or certificate of good standing directly to ANMAC and AHPRA this take approx 2 weeks from you submitting the forms to nmc. The cost is £34.

Just got my last reference back this morning. I'm sending the last documents off to be certified then (fingers crossed) I'll be able to submit my application to AHPRA.

Still dont one know whether to send the ANMAC off at the same time and pay for a full assessement or just wait additional 12 weeks and pay for a modified assessment??

Sam you can not do a mdoified assessment unless you are on the nursing register, to do this you need a visa or you need to have previously been registered with AHPRA. Send them both at the same time.

Ahh ok, yes the NMC have sent of all my certification of registration - is fit2work included with this? Googling 'fit2work' seems like an Australian police check system? Is this part of AHPRA application, something that needs to be done prior to submitting?

All international applications need to doa police check BEFORE they apply to AHPRA, this has to be done through Fit2Work.

Ali this is incorrect. W

hen you register with AHPRA you wil lnot be put on the nursing register unless you have a visa. As you need to apply to ANMAC for the skills assessment which is part of the visa you will need to do the full assessment.

It took me 8 weeks to get AHPRA from posting to letter of provisional registration, everything was submitted correctly first time and i had no contact from AHPRA.

I stand corrected .... When did it change, you used to be able to apply for a modified skills assessment and ANMAC still offer a modified skills assessment

I stand corrected .... When did it change, you used to be able to apply for a modified skills assessment and ANMAC still offer a modified skills assessment

You can apply for the modified assessment when you are on the AHPRA register, to get on the register you need to meet all their identity requirements and the main form of identity is proof of address in australia or a passport with a visa.

So if you are not in Aus you will not be put on the register, you get a letter asking to present yourself in person with the stated identification once you are in Au. You have 90 days to do this and have to request from your case officer to have this extended to 12 months.

I wanted to go down this route as my partner can not do IELTS (Dyslexic and scrapped a 6) so a modified would have removed the IELTS requrirement. Instead we are having to use me as the main visa application and there is a backlog of accountants! :(

I have known some people come over on a tourist visa, confirm their registration and then apply for a visa. AHPRA website doesn't say you have to have a visa first, the pathway they suggest has applying for immigration after gaining registration.

I have known some people come over on a tourist visa, confirm their registration and then apply for a visa. AHPRA website doesn't say you have to have a visa first, the pathway they suggest has applying for immigration after gaining registration.

Yes this meets the requirements of Passport of Visa as I listed then.

The original poster said they want to go by June 2016, I assumed they would not be going over before then.

Thanks for the info.

My migration agent has failed to tell me this too. Will get onto it now, cheers.

It does state to apply before but you can do it after (others have) but they do not start processing the application until they have all documents, therefore this will simply slow the process down.

Just when I thought I was on top of everything. More money ahhh!

Thanks for pointing this out to me, saved me a bit of grief in the future, I'm sure. Just annoyed migration agent hasn't mentioned it. I thought I had gone over the application form with a finetooth comb, obviously not! I thought I was just waiting on employer reference before being able to submit everything.

Sorry for taking over original post. Thanks again though.

Hi mgreaves - thanks for the confirmation.

I've sent off my form for the nmc to verify my practice, fit2work has come back this morning and I've just posted the last few documents off so they can be certified. Hopefully when these come back, next week I'll be able to submit my skills assessment through ANMAC and send off my application to AHPRA.

I was hoping I would be able to send both off at the same time as this save 10 weeks of time, which means we could potentially get over for June/July 2016.

I doing this this process alone without an agent, I've got brains so I thought why not? Lol. Fingers crossed I'm getting it right.

Thank you

sam