Evisitor while Applying for Partner visa (300)

harryman100

I've lodged my application for a partner VISA online (currently still in 'application received' state), but we're planning to travel to Australia for a few weeks before the VISA is granted for a holiday (and to get married). We'll be returning to the UK for a few months then before (hopefully) the partner visa is granted.

Whenever I've visited before I've got an eVisitor - and I assume that the same will work again - but is there anything I need to be aware of, given that I already have an application in progress? I saw some stories online of people who'd inadvertantly cancelled their visa by applying for another one? Has anyone done this before - is it safe?

Thanks,

I've lodged my application for a partner VISA online (currently still in 'application received' state), but we're planning to travel to Australia for a few weeks before the VISA is granted for a holiday (and to get married). We'll be returning to the UK for a few months then before (hopefully) the partner visa is granted.

Whenever I've visited before I've got an eVisitor - and I assume that the same will work again - but is there anything I need to be aware of, given that I already have an application in progress? I saw some stories online of people who'd inadvertently cancelled their visa by applying for another one? Has anyone done this before - is it safe?

Thanks,

Hi @harryman100 - Just checking, it's the PMV (subclass 300) that you are applying for, right? And you are going to get married before it is granted?? You will have to change your application to the Partner visa (820) before it is granted....... Or wait and get married when you have the 300?

For more info on all this kind of stuff have a look at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

Edited by Wan2go

Hi @harryman100 - Just checking, it's the PMV (subclass 300) that you are applying for, right? And you are going to get married before it is granted?? You will have to change your application to the Partner visa (820) before it is granted....... Or wait and get married when you have the 300?

I got the number wrong, it would be the 309. We're getting married before we move (but confusingly in Australia)

The 820 would require us to be in Australia during application, which we're not (except for the wedding)

When did you lodge the visa application?

If you've plenty of time till grant, applying now for a tourist visa is fine. Its when you get close to grant time and apply for say a tourist visa and the partner visa is granted and then the tourist visa granted, that would cancel out IYKWIM.

Applying well before you plan to travel and well ahead of grant is fine. Ensure you inform your CO of the dates you will be in Aus and travelling etc once you've gotten the tourist visa and booked flights etc.

• 11 months later...

Updating this post for anyone else who finds it and is in a similar situation.

My Partner visa was ready to grant while I was on holiday in Australia. it all worked out fine - I just got an email asking me to let them know when I was leaving the country - the visa was officially granted by the time we touched down in London on our return flight.