Mrt Has remitted my application to immi what happens next?

sardaargs

Good Morning Everyone,

Iam new to the forum,please see my time line

Rsms Visa and Nomination Lodged 14/08/14

Nomination Refused: Mid of Dec 2014 after a month Appliacation Refused

Applied For Mrt in jan 2015

Hearing Held on 24 Aug for both Nomination and Application

Member set aside immi decision and approved nomination on sameday

On 2/10/15 Member Remitted My apppication back to immi.

Visa Medicals and Pcc expired 2 months ago.

My question is how long wiill it take ta get a case officer and how long it may take to get my visa?

any help or advise is very much appreciated.

Good Morning Everyone,

Iam new to the forum,please see my time line

Rsms Visa and Nomination Lodged 14/08/14

Nomination Refused: Mid of Dec 2014 after a month Appliacation Refused

Applied For Mrt in jan 2015

Hearing Held on 24 Aug for both Nomination and Application

Member set aside immi decision and approved nomination on sameday

On 2/10/15 Member Remitted My apppication back to immi.

Visa Medicals and Pcc expired 2 months ago.

My question is how long wiill it take ta get a case officer and how long it may take to get my visa?

any help or advise is very much appreciated.

Hi Sardaargs,

First of all, congratulations on winning your appeal with the MRT! You're a big step closer to your visa! :)

I was in exactly the same situation. I applied for an RSMS visa and after 8 months, it was finally allocated to a case officer and he sat on it for nearly 3 months and then refused the nomination. There is a "grace period" of 28 days and once this has passed, they move on to make a decision on the visa application. Of course the visa application gets refused as well, as there is no approved nomination to go hand in hand.

We lodged an appeal for the nomination and visa application in September 2013. The hearing for both appeals was in April 2014 and about 3 months later in July 2014 the member set aside the decision to refuse the nomination and approved it. The visa application was remitted to DIBP for processing.

About 3 weeks after the visa application was remitted to DIBP, a case officer made contact and requested documents. I had to get a new visa medical done, as well an a new AFP and overseas PCC as everything expired. Once that was all sent into the case officer the application was quickly processed and the visa was granted. I would say that you should (hopefully) hear from a case officer any time now. Good luck!

Hi Sardaargs,

First of all, congratulations on winning your appeal with the MRT! You're a big step closer to your visa! :)

I was in exactly the same situation. I applied for an RSMS visa and after 8 months, it was finally allocated to a case officer and he sat on it for nearly 3 months and then refused the nomination. There is a "grace period" of 28 days and once this has passed, they move on to make a decision on the visa application. Of course the visa application gets refused as well, as there is no approved nomination to go hand in hand.

We lodged an appeal for the nomination and visa application in September 2013. The hearing for both appeals was in April 2014 and about 3 months later in July 2014 the member set aside the decision to refuse the nomination and approved it. The visa application was remitted to DIBP for processing.

About 3 weeks after the visa application was remitted to DIBP, a case officer made contact and requested documents. I had to get a new visa medical done, as well an a new AFP and overseas PCC as everything expired. Once that was all sent into the case officer the application was quickly processed and the visa was granted. I would say that you should (hopefully) hear from a case officer any time now. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your response sonicblue82, this means a lot for me.

this means i dont have to wait too long for the visa right?

thanks once again, you must have gone through the same pain which iam going through now, iam just dying to get out from this stress from the past 12 months.

Thanks so much for your response sonicblue82, this means a lot for me.

this means i dont have to wait too long for the visa right?

thanks once again, you must have gone through the same pain which iam going through now, iam just dying to get out from this stress from the past 12 months.

Hi Sardaargs,

If there is anyone who can relate to your situation, it is me! I know exactly how you feel and the amount of stress this situation brings. But hang in there - you've done well in appealing the refusal and winning the appeal with the MRT. When the visa application is remitted to DIBP for processing, as long as everything is OK with the visa application, it should be approved. They would have to be really nasty to find another reason to refuse the application. I think you will hear something soon. I believe when applications are remitted to DIBP from the MRT they are generally processed pretty quickly. I don't think it goes to the bottom of the normal queue of applications.

Hope this helps relieve some of the stress! I know you will be eagerly awaiting contact from a case officer!

I probably wouldn't recommend getting new PCC any visa medical until they request this just in case. If they require a new visa medical, they will issue a HAP ID to get the visa medical done. Good luck with everything. Let me know if you have any more questions and also let me know how you go! :)

Hi Sardaargs,

If there is anyone who can relate to your situation, it is me! I know exactly how you feel and the amount of stress this situation brings. But hang in there - you've done well in appealing the refusal and winning the appeal with the MRT. When the visa application is remitted to DIBP for processing, as long as everything is OK with the visa application, it should be approved. They would have to be really nasty to find another reason to refuse the application. I think you will hear something soon. I believe when applications are remitted to DIBP from the MRT they are generally processed pretty quickly. I don't think it goes to the bottom of the normal queue of applications.

Hope this helps relieve some of the stress! I know you will be eagerly awaiting contact from a case officer!

I probably wouldn't recommend getting new PCC any visa medical until they request this just in case. If they require a new visa medical, they will issue a HAP ID to get the visa medical done. Good luck with everything. Let me know if you have any more questions and also let me know how you go! :)

Thanks a lot for your response,certainly feel a lot relieved after your replies.

The following is the update from my agentlast week:

Just letting you know that the police clearances have been attached to your file and I have been advised you do not have a case officer assigned to you yet (no advice on when).

I have requested they also extend the medicals but I am not sure if they will. If they don't then you will need a new HAPid to book them and I have requested those also.

You are not alone. Our nomination was refused in January, passed to the tribunal early Feb, had the hearing 29th Sept, approved (yippee) sent back to immigration early Oct for processing, heard nothing since, despite chasing our agent several times!!!! Now waiting to have our visa appeal heard....... The member who heard the nominaton appeal said there is a good chance our visa case will land on her desk... But when lol???!!!

Our Police checks / Medicals also expired May this year :-(

Any words of reassurance greatly appreciated :-)

You are not alone. Our nomination was refused in January, passed to the tribunal early Feb, had the hearing 29th Sept, approved (yippee) sent back to immigration early Oct for processing, heard nothing since, despite chasing our agent several times!!!! Now waiting to have our visa appeal heard....... The member who heard the nominaton appeal said there is a good chance our visa case will land on her desk... But when lol???!!!

Our Police checks / Medicals also expired May this year :-(

Hi Jayzo,

Iam still waiting for a CO, rang my agent probably tens of time but no luck he is saying that he heard nothing back from dept.

Nomination was set aside on 1st sep and visa application was remitted back to dept on 2nd oct, thats it heard nothing since then.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixing quote

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, its good to hear from a few people going through the MRT process... man its hard to find people in that boat!

I am awaiting my hearing for a decline partner visa, have been waiting 8 months almost, hopefully I get a date soon! its good to hear that the process after MRT seems to be a bit quicker, i have valid medicals and police checks until May next year so hopefully I can get it all sorted before they expire! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, its good to hear from a few people going through the MRT process... man its hard to find people in that boat!

I am awaiting my hearing for a decline partner visa, have been waiting 8 months almost, hopefully I get a date soon! its good to hear that the process after MRT seems to be a bit quicker, i have valid medicals and police checks until May next year so hopefully I can get it all sorted before they expire! :)

Hey

I had my partner visa refused then remitted back by MRT. I was contacted by DIBP in a month time and was asked for medical( as I have not done med exam before) PCCs, form 80 and form 1221. I just emailed them all that yesterday. Now see what happens. I hope it would be soon. I have been waiting for more that 15 months including wait for MRT hearing.

Hey

I had my partner visa refused then remitted back by MRT. I was contacted by DIBP in a month time and was asked for medical( as I have not done med exam before) PCCs, form 80 and form 1221. I just emailed them all that yesterday. Now see what happens. I hope it would be soon. I have been waiting for more that 15 months including wait for MRT hearing.

Its great to hear from you Tywin!

i have sooooooo many questions for you!

when did you get declined?

how long until u heard from MRT about when your hearing would be?

how long after u applied to mrt was your actual hearing?

any tips or info about the hearing?

has the department of immigration said you are now eligible for the 801 visa?

Sorry for all the questions!

thanks in advance!

hi

My visa was refused in mid April 2015 and had hearing scheduled on 1 oct 2015. Mrt sent their decision next week of hearing. Every case is different. I dont know what tips I can give you. You get to represent yourself and have a chance to present more evidence if you have even after the primary decision by DIBP. I dont know why they refused your visa. My visa was refused cuz failure to satisfy schedule 3 cuz my student visa was cancelled cuz of non-compliance. We provided evidence to prove our relationship to be 2 years old at the time of application which laid the grounds for waiver of schedule 3.

No they have not said that if they are considering for 801 visa. I heard back from DIBP after one month of remittance and they requested for medical, form 80, form 1221 and PCCs.

I think I will find out outcome soon.

I hope it helps

I'm based in Melbourne. I am not sure but I heard that you get priority if your visa was cancelled. I think they try to get rid of you asap and to stop you from buying time. But it worked in my favour. I hope you will get this sorted out soon. I'll let you know if something happens.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Hi Jayzo,

Iam still waiting for a CO, rang my agent probably tens of time but no luck he is saying that he heard nothing back from dept.

Nomination was set aside on 1st sep and visa application was remitted back to dept on 2nd oct, thats it heard nothing since then.

Hi Sardaargs

Have you finally been granted residency?

Our second appeal (visa) was remitted back to DIBP dec 8th, new police & medicals sent to our agent 28th Dec, how long did you end up waiting for a case officer? Emailed our agent 2 days ago asking for update,..., still waiting lol.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote tag

Hi Sardaargs

Have you finally been granted residency?

Our second appeal (visa) was remitted back to DIBP dec 8th, new police & medicals sent to our agent 28th Dec, how long did you end up waiting for a case officer? Emailed our agent 2 days ago asking for update,..., still waiting lol.

Which visa waqs it you were denied Jayzo?? I am currently waiting on a hearing for my 820 which was declined in March 2015.

Which visa waqs it you were denied Jayzo?? I am currently waiting on a hearing for my 820 which was declined in March 2015.

Hi, we are going from 457 to 186, the nomination was refused in Jan (lack of information ) appealed feb, hearing was heard September, remitted back to immi & approved November, visa appeal was heard Dec 8th, approved & remitted back to immi, new medicals & police checks sent to immi 28th Dec as these had expired. Still waiting for visa now lol. Sooo stressful!

• 2 years later...
On 20/10/2015 at 11:27, SonicBlue82 said:

Hi Sardaargs,

Hi sonic blue82, I was permanent resident that time when i apply for my husband PR in july 2016 .He doesn't have substantive visa , he was on bridging visa because his protection visa is in AAT for review. Immigration  rejected his visa just after 4 and a half months (dec 2016) because immigration didn't accept our compelling reason (pregnancy) so we applied in AAT for review . I had gestational diabetes in my pregnancy aswell and Now we have 15 months old boy Australian citizen  and I have citizenship ceremony in this month on 14th of May and tribunal hearing is also in this month on 17th of May. I'm really scared I don't know what's gonna happen.My husband immigration history is not good .He came here on student visa which was also ceased because of his less attendance and loose the cases in every stage . This is my second marriage , I'm divorced and in my first marriage i  got my PR through domestic violence. I just wanted to ask you what you reckon how strong is this case ? What are the chances to win? How can we convince tribunal member ? The member is going to ask questions to my husband only or he will ask me as well? And the tribunal member will ask my husband about his previous visa (student visa and protection visa)???? We have lawyer , we visited him this week but he didn't tell us anything :( .that's why i asked you lots of questions sorry but please do give me all the answers . Thank you so much in advance. 

20 minutes ago, Ana2018 said:

Hi sonic blue82, I was permanent resident that time when i apply for my husband PR in july 2016 .He doesn't have substantive visa , he was on bridging visa because his protection visa is in AAT for review. Immigration  rejected his visa just after 4 and a half months (dec 2016) because immigration didn't accept our compelling reason (pregnancy) so we applied in AAT for review . I had gestational diabetes in my pregnancy aswell and Now we have 15 months old boy Australian citizen  and I have citizenship ceremony in this month on 14th of May and tribunal hearing is also in this month on 17th of May. I'm really scared I don't know what's gonna happen.My husband immigration history is not good .He came here on student visa which was also ceased because of his less attendance and loose the cases in every stage . This is my second marriage , I'm divorced and in my first marriage i  got my PR through domestic violence. I just wanted to ask you what you reckon how strong is this case ? What are the chances to win? How can we convince tribunal member ? The member is going to ask questions to my husband only or he will ask me as well? And the tribunal member will ask my husband about his previous visa (student visa and protection visa)???? We have lawyer , we visited him this week but he didn't tell us anything :( .that's why i asked you lots of questions sorry but please do give me all the answers . Thank you so much in advance. 

This thread is more than 2 years old so don't know if the forum member is still around.

7 minutes ago, Toots said:

This thread is more than 2 years old so don't know if the forum member is still around.

I'm new to this forum . I don't know how to use it .where to post it... so i asked my questions here .. after reading my post do u have any idea? What do you reckon? 

6 minutes ago, Ana2018 said:

I'm new to this forum . I don't know how to use it .where to post it... so i asked my questions here .. after reading my post do u have any idea? What do you reckon? 

Sorry I can't help you but hopefully someone will be along soon.  I am surprised your lawyer isn't more helpful.